What City Should Great G Destroy!?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures Godzilla franchise.

What City Be Destroyed By Legendary Godzilla?

New York
18%
Chicago
8%
Denver
1%
Jacksonville
3%
San Antonio
2%
Washington D.C.
12%
San Francisco
26%
Los Angeles
28%
Portland
2%
Charlotte
1%

Total votes : 129

Re: Location

Postby Living Corpse » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 am

Seattle anyone?

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby GojiFan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 am

Living Corpse wrote:Seattle anyone?

That could actually work really well too. Especially if they have the place pouring stereotypical Seattle rain during the attack.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.
GojiFan
Futurian

Postby Legionmaster » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:35 am

GojiFan20 wrote:Godzilla vs the Sears tower anyone?

?

I only know of the Willis Tower...

And how the hell could Seatle work? How the hell is he supposed to set a city on fire in the rain? A-durrrrr. :P
bleep bloop

Legionmaster
Butts

Geiger Counter

Team: Plasbad

Postby RegeneratorGOne1991 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 am

Chicago is a good location. The Lake Michigan Area is very big and leads in to other lakes that lead to an ocean. Hopefully this Godzilla doesn't go under ground like GINO, but if it's the case this time around, Chicago has a great Subway system that can be destroyed. Plus, Sear's Tower (Willis Tower) is a great landmark and Big G can take that down too. Plus, California and NYC are good places as well!
RegeneratorGOne1991
RegeneratorGOne1991
Ronin

Postby Eunectes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:16 am

I say Vegas, Chicago, or even LA itself considering the shattered pieces of Earth from the poster, making it a easy prediction of a Earthquake during the fight between Godzilla and the monster he fights.

Eunectes
Transcendent Eva Pilot

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla

Postby GojiFan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Legionmaster wrote:

?

And how the hell could Seatle work? How the hell is he supposed to set a city on fire in the rain? A-durrrrr. :P
Us... chicagoans? Chicagonese? Well we still call it the Sear's Tower!
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.
GojiFan
Futurian

Postby RegeneratorGOne1991 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 pm

GojiFan wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:

?

Us... chicagoans? Chicagonese? Well we still call it the Sear's Tower!

LOL you know it! I still call it the Sear's Tower! I Live in Chicago, have been for all my life! LOL
RegeneratorGOne1991
RegeneratorGOne1991
Ronin

Postby JVM » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 pm

^ Yeah, I have yet to meet a Chicagoan who's converted to the new name.

If they destroy Seattle, they should destroy Pipeworks' studios. That'd prove they were fans.
JVM
I miss Vega

Favourite Kaiju: Varan

Postby GotengoXGodzilla » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Personally, I think Chicago is used too much these days as a location in films. It seems like its in every action film, so I'm kind of bored with the city now. Too much scree time can ruin a location for me.

In fact, here's hoping that they don't film any destruction scenes in a city here in the U.S.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing
GotengoXGodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby JVM » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:31 pm

^ Chicago gets a lot of filming but it's rare I've noticed for a movie to be filmed AND set in Chicago. I can't speak for Transformers, but I know both Batman movies were filmed here, but as we know, it's set in Gotham.

It tends to be mentioned a lot but I only usually hear about California or New York City when it comes to movies.
JVM
I miss Vega

Favourite Kaiju: Varan

Postby tokyostateofmind » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing it in the cliche places. New York City being one of them. I mean, i guess it is because I am so used to seeing things in NYC, but it works cinematically, may get old for some, but I get over the fact when I am watching the film. But seeing a new place would be different and interesting.

tokyostateofmind
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Postby GodzillaIsCool » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Japan or Hong-Kong would be hot. However Chicago is being done in Transformers 3 and they are claiming it will out-do all the Chicago scenes from the Dark Knight.

If it has to be based in the United States, I would pick Boston. It isn't a super massive city covered by skyscrapers, but it isn't tiny. I just hope whatever they pick doesn't drain the money from the movie for location shooting. Better find a away to get smart about location filming. (Cloverfield NYC scenes were shot in LA.

"Some interior shots were filmed on a soundstage at Downey, California, Bloomingdale's in the movie was actually filmed in an emptied Robinsons-May store that was under reconstruction in Arcadia, California, and the outside scenes of Sephora and the electronics store were filmed in Downtown Los Angeles." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield#Filming
GodzillaIsCool
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Leunames » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:02 pm

GodzillaIsCool wrote:Japan or Hong-Kong would be hot. However Chicago is being done in Transformers 3 and they are claiming it will out-do all the Chicago scenes from the Dark Knight.

If it has to be based in the United States, I would pick Boston. It isn't a super massive city covered by skyscrapers, but it isn't tiny. I just hope whatever they pick doesn't drain the money from the movie for location shooting. Better find a away to get smart about location filming. (Cloverfield NYC scenes were shot in LA.

"Some interior shots were filmed on a soundstage at Downey, California, Bloomingdale's in the movie was actually filmed in an emptied Robinsons-May store that was under reconstruction in Arcadia, California, and the outside scenes of Sephora and the electronics store were filmed in Downtown Los Angeles." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield#Filming

Yeah chicago is overplayed with Dark Knight and Michael Bay currently blowing it up in filming for Transformers 3. And I'm reaaaally tired of any gamut of science fiction/disaster/comic book films with a penchant for blowing up manhattan. It gets a bit old. Last film to really impress me using manhattan was I Am Legend.

And I really don't think Boston would work. I'm a native new yorker and went to boston for undergrad. I couldn't help but feel underwhlemed every time i went into the city...it's actually pretty small, have to disagree with you there.

But for the same reasons manhattan is not a good choice....streets are too narrow for a proper Godzilla to walk through, and moreso than Tokyo, there are actually many buildings here that would eclipse Godzilla from view, unless they situated him in central park, which is what GINO had to resort to.
Bandai 8" King Seesar w/tag
Bandai 6" Orga w/tag
Bandai GMK Theater exclusives
for sale @ skreeonk.com marketplace

Leunames
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah

Postby Hellblaze » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:07 am

To me the film should be made in America since America is second on the Godzilla fandom and with the G-Fest held each year so Big G should have his film here in North America. He should be in one of the big cities in California since it's closer to Japan and Godzilla swims by ocean he would defenetly wreck havoc in ither LA or San Francisco. I think fans would really want to see Godzilla come to America for once and see Big G's wrath around the America mainland it would be fun and I'm sure Japan would want to spread Godzilla's fandom more so why not a film in America? :D Plus in some Japan films Americans are in it such as in Tokyo SOS when he sunk a US sub to get nuclear energy and actors as well. Its time to bring Big G to North America. We have read books and comic books of Godzilla being here so lets have him in America :D Besides its only one film if this becomes a blockbuster film at the theaters.
"A true devotee honors our name with actions, not words."
—Sangheili Zealot mantra.

"Because the seeds of our future, are sown in his past". -Kaidon Thel 'Vadam
Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla

Postby mrbluehair » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:07 pm

San Diego is my choice.
1) it's not the obvious L.A. or NYC.
2) Downtown buildings would not shrink Godzilla, that way you don't need a 300ft tall creature.
3) Coronado Bridge would be nice to wreck.
4) NAS Coronado, MCAS Miramar and Camp Pendleton are all right here, no wait for military reaction.
5) San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant just to the north could be the starting point.

If this is going to be (hopefully) a trilogy, shouldn't the stage grow each time?

As for Seattle, some nice places to trample, but everyone would be soooo depressed they would leave their coffee houses there to be stepped on...and no more rain for now please, too much in the 98 film. I'd like to see some dust kicked up and then atomized by atomic breath...(something plausible but never seen in the movies)

Just my thoughts.
mrbluehair
Ronin

Postby Gamera216 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:50 pm

I'd say it would have to be somewhere by the sea. Like NYC, Miami, LA, or Seattle. It would be weird to have it in the middle of america because godzilla would either have to swim up a river or walk across the country to get there
He'll Come... Gamera will come again
Gamera216
Ronin

Postby Living Corpse » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:09 pm

He did it before in a dew novels. I think it would be cool to have him wrack havoc across the country. Make him a nation wide crisis instead of an incident in one city.

Chris55 wrote:King Kong could fling his poop SO FAST, you'd think it was a beam!

Beef Bigshot wrote:I guess its used to make the kaiju look more alien and creepy to the audience. Also its like visual sex to the viewer

Janjira54 wrote:I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Godzilla having genitals. Christ, the things this site makes me say...

Living Corpse
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Gamera216 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Now that you say it that way that actually would be a good idea. Kinda like in gmk where he went through alot of japan just make him start on the west coast then to the east coast
Gamera216
Ronin

Postby Kuroneko-sama » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:04 am

I would love for Godzilla to come to Florida, but something tells me that might not even be an option unless it lands in Miami.

I personally can see Godzilla hitting the west coast. What they should do in the film is have Godzilla appear first in Japan, then be held responsible for problems out at sea. Then have Godzilla attack the US. In that case, just about any city in California is fair game.

Something I would like to see is Godzilla heading up the Mexican coast in the dead of night and stomping through the Mexican-American border. Then it can make its way north. Godzilla just disappears, no one wants to believe Godzilla's in the US without being spotted - then have it attack, I dunno, San Francisco in broad daylight without any warning at all.

Truthfully, the west coast is a better idea than the east in the long run. If not for the whole thing about it being nearest to Japan, at least it can give a bunch of Japanese references. Several cities have their own little Nihonmachi sections (Japantown), so having an Japanese cast blended in with Americans wouldn't be a problem. The three official "Japantowns" that I know of are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and I think San Jose. I think NYC has a sort one as well, but New York has been destroyed so many times that I am frankly sick of seeing it. Give me some new scenery to watch be obliterated.
バカばっか
There are as many people as there are stars...
There are as many encounters as there are stars...
And farewells...

-Ruri Hoshino, Nadesico: the Prince of Darkness
Kuroneko-sama
Ronin

Postby Showa Gyaos » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:54 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Miami, Florida is worthy to be flattened by Godzilla's feet? :lol:
Gawdziller wrote:Elizabeth Olsen's Army of Darkness skeleton impersonation was pretty painful to sit through.

Oh wait, that was just Elizabeth Olsen.

Showa Gyaos
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Gamera216 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Well i did say Miami in my post.
Gamera216
Ronin

PreviousNext

Return to Legendary Series (2014-Current)