What City Should Great G Destroy!?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What City Be Destroyed By Legendary Godzilla?

New York
18%
Chicago
8%
Denver
1%
Jacksonville
3%
San Antonio
2%
Washington D.C.
12%
San Francisco
26%
Los Angeles
28%
Portland
3%
Charlotte
1%

Total votes: 130

clovernoris
Ronin

Re: Location

Post by clovernoris »

hammysammy59 wrote: End it with something insane like Godzilla impaling Ghidorah on the Statue of Liberty.
This needs to happen.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Over the month of October, during my usual month long horror flick festival, I watched John Carpenter's THE FOG. Through the course of the flick, I thought it'd be cool to see the Big-G attacking a fog enshrouded seaside community like that of THE FOG'S very own Antonio Bay. Much like that cool scene in the novel, Godzilla Returns, where the watchtower crew first hears Godzilla's approach. Then see lights in the sky,only to find out they're the Big-G's eyes.

Also earlier on someone mentioned having New Orleans being the site of an attack by the Big-G. But some thought that it would be in bad taste due to the woes the city has suffered in the last half decade. Hurricane Katrina, the cock and bull show over the rebuilding, and it dragging out to no end , until the state got a Republican in the governer's seat. Then the recent BP oil spill throwing a wet log on a fire that was just starting to burn after all the crap the city ,and state went through. Well, I have to say fiddlesticks to that. I didn't hear any blowback over South Park's Coon & Friends Trilogy making fun of the situation. And Los Angelas, after quakes, riots, forest fires, El Nino, floods, droughts , still managed to laugh it off. I don't see a problem with New Orleans being hit. The line when the Big-G hits the Crescent City could be, "Now what ?"
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

kingGoji1954
Yojimbo

Post by kingGoji1954 »

i would like somewhere exotic. somewhere not seen before or maybe something dark and dingy. something like a battle on a rim of a volcano with the lava as the backround would be awesome. or in the himilayas(sp) as fas as citys i would love it to be in chicago....since i live there :huge: or maybe las vegas..

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Where should the Godzilla movie take place

Post by Darth Calypso »

If you could choose where the new Godzilla movie setting would be, what place would you pick?
Last edited by Darth Calypso on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Music Composer for the Godzilla movie

Post by Zilla103192 »

theres already a music discussion
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Re: Music Composer for the Godzilla movie

Post by Darth Calypso »

o then how do i delete this

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Re: Where should the Godzilla movie take place

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Is this about music or setting? If its about setting then I say go for Los Angelos or something along the Pacific. The film should take place in America, but it should be heavily referenced tat the Big G is native to the Japanese archipelago.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

A japanese city or San Francisco.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Is this about music or setting? If its about setting then I say go for Los Angelos or something along the Pacific. The film should take place in America, but it should be heavily referenced tat the Big G is native to the Japanese archipelago.
I edited this post, it used to be about music until I found out that there was already a topic about music

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Any American city near the ocean. LA, Boston, I don't care.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I say we more then one city. Baltimore, Maryland would be a good choice to start then move on to bigger cities like LA at the end of the movie.
Only issue with that is that both films are on opposite side of the country. Having Baltimore get slammed would be fun though.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

I still say he needs to trash new Orleans. Then I'd be able to brag about living down here in south Louisiana.

"Oh, well, Godzilla destroyed a city just half an hour from my home. And you?"

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

HayesAJones wrote:I still say he needs to trash new Orleans. Then I'd be able to brag about living down here in south Louisiana.

"Oh, well, Godzilla destroyed a city just half an hour from my home. And you?"
Poor city has had it rough enough as it is. I feel trashing New Orleans would seem in poor taste.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Eh. They're probably only be an uproar if he leveled the Superdome. Trust me, as a non-fan in a family of fanatic Saints fans, I'd know. I've mentioned it to family and they immediately insisted that he doesn't touch the Superdome.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Hm... now that I think about it, there might be a semi-aquatic strain of mole-people lurking beneath its stands. Or were those just homeless people?

Eh. Tomato, tomäto...

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

San Francisco. New York is treated like the center of the universe when it comes to such movies. Let Godzilla trash another city for once.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Godzilla should stomp Kadowaka Daiei Studios in a brief sequence where he stomps Tokyo.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Godzilla should stomp Kadowaka Daiei Studios in a brief sequence where he stomps Tokyo.
Godzilla should crash a Tristar's building.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Tyler wrote:I mean, what's Godzilla gonna do? It already looks like he trashed the place.
He could show up- ready for some serious destruction- and then slump over in disappointment and leave.

Only the most serious for this movie.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Level Chicago. What a shit city. I should know, I live here.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.