What City Should Great G Destroy!?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What City Be Destroyed By Legendary Godzilla?

New York
18%
Chicago
8%
Denver
1%
Jacksonville
3%
San Antonio
2%
Washington D.C.
12%
San Francisco
26%
Los Angeles
28%
Portland
3%
Charlotte
1%

Total votes: 130

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Re: What City Should Great G Destroy!?

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

Sounds kinda like Gamera
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

It would make more sense if Godzilla attacked Los Angeles or San Francisco rather than New York (the reasoning for that in GINO was just ridiculous).

DeadpoolsbetterThanU
JXSDF Technician

Post by DeadpoolsbetterThanU »

Living Corpse wrote:
ZillaMaster91 wrote:It would make more sense if Godzilla attacked Los Angeles or San Francisco rather than New York (the reasoning for that in GINO was just ridiculous).
"Think about it. It's island, water on all sides, unlike any island in the world".

Yeah my mind suffered a blue screen of death when I made my own riff on the film and I heard those lines. Water on all sides you say? Sounds like every damn island in existence. A city you say? Yeah there's actually more then one island with a huge city, it's more common then you think Tatopoulus, New York really isn't all that special in that regard. -_-
....But it has a lot of fish.....
San Francisco so I could go over there and snoop on filming!
CHIMICHANGA!!!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Nothing says AMURIKA like cars, explosives, guns, hot chicks, and tons of money being spent on it.

bearijuana
GPN Volunteer

Post by bearijuana »

The thing is despite where It takes place, most of the filming will probably be in LA. Even GINO had most of the movie filmed in LA, albeit there was still some filming in NY.
TK's Biggest Druggie

fucck this shit im a samurai

Imma mothervuckin milluhnaire

"If your good at sumthing never do it for free"

"Im an agent of chaos"

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Seattle. Imagine a shot of Godzilla next to the space needle..
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

beardRage
Monarch Researcher

Post by beardRage »

I think he should come ashore in California and proceed to LA.
Jomei wrote: When we say Godzilla is "porky," are we talking Heisei levels of fatassery or more like GMK?
Chris55 wrote: BUT WHAT IF BRYAN CRANSTON FARTS DURNG AN INTERVIEW? NO ONE WILL WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE AND THEN THEY'LL ALL GO SEE SPIDERMAN!
Gawdziller wrote:Godzilla is this year's Hobbit 2...except for Hobbit 3...and except that it doesn't suck.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Godzilla should bulldoze his way through Hawaii, through LA and just keep moving east until he reaches Washington DC where he has his final battle with the film baddie.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Los Angeles. Although it's been hammered in a fair amount of flicks(2012, Battle:Los Angeles, Skyline, The Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day, D-War), the city being right on the Pacific Coast, and having a fair amount of reconizable monuments(the Hollywood sign, Capital Records Building, the Liberty Building, Santa Monica Pier) would make for good destruction. San Fransisco would make for a good second choice, and who wouldn't mind seeing the Hippie Capital of the World stomped to dust.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ゴジラ一二三
Young Farmer

Post by ゴジラ一二三 »

Godzilla should destroy multiple cities across アメリカ(America) and 日本(Japan). I agree with the people above that New York shouldn't be attacked(at least not by Godzilla). Washington D.C. would be the most interesting city for Godzilla to destroy. Just think about it! The President, Congress, and the Pentagon would all be potential targets! How interesting that would be.

Bluejira
Samurai

Post by Bluejira »

.West coast of North America. Maybe have some Destination Truth type program in Puget Sound looking for a cadborosaurus and filming something much larger. Of course everyone would think it was doctored footage. Then have Godzilla come ashore and lay waste to Vancouver and Seattle. Have the finale set in San Francisco.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Los Angeles, because it would be the ultimate kaijuu playground in America. I also want to see him hit the west coast, because the only thing between it and Japan is the Pacific Ocean (along with some small islands, but I'm solely referring to countries).
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Steven Sloss
Yojimbo

Post by Steven Sloss »

Edinburgh, then on to Glasgow, Inverness, and Aberdeen.
"Will Earth be ruled by Man or Mysterians? No, only science can rule..."

Proud fan of GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, and all their rubber-suited brethren since August 2000.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

I would prefer that Godzilla just attacks a whole lotof cities in Japan
and some in the U.S but for the Climax battle its either for me:

San Francisco Or Los Angeles.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

Godzilla should make landfall in Houston, TX.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

What? No love for Shangai?
Last edited by FlamingZilla23 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

FlamingZilla23 wrote:What? No love for Shangai?
Shanghai is too exotic and golden to be destroyed. Houston has too many gangs; I'd feel no great loss if Megalon leveled that place.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

All the gangs in Houston would drug the kaiju with weed then gun them down in a massive drive by shootimg.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Gyaos wrote:All the gangs in Houston would drug the kaiju with weed then gun them down in a massive drive by shootimg.
Pppppfft, yea right! They'd scatter like mice if they see a 50 meter tall abomination stomping about. If not Megalon, then Destoroyah. Destoroyah would most likely put the fear of God in them...

*Update 18 April 2012
Ok, I just read this one today, and this is one of the reasons why Destoroyah is better suited for leveling Houston...
http://news.yahoo.com/mother-shot-dead- ... 56084.html

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Please no more NewYork.
plus it wouldn't even make sense for a reptile like animal to swim that far north??

Really...Denver?

Actually Im kinda tired of the whole big city thing. I rather it be more like War of the Worlds in which it look place in many different open areas.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Nantucket,Mass.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantucket). If the flick decides to go East Coast instead of West Coast. I'd like to see this island community ,known as a haven for the rich and famous, and on top of that ,being quite the popular summer seaside vaction spot like Amity in the JAWS flicks. The location with its classic arceitecture reminds me a bit of the neighborhood Godzilla stomped through in the beginning of G-2000. And truthfully, the main reason this location comes to mind is this particular scene from the classic comedy, One Crazy Summer.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wJMvw_ra4)
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.