What City Should Great G Destroy!?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What City Be Destroyed By Legendary Godzilla?

New York
18%
Chicago
8%
Denver
1%
Jacksonville
3%
San Antonio
2%
Washington D.C.
12%
San Francisco
26%
Los Angeles
28%
Portland
3%
Charlotte
1%

Total votes: 130

RedZillaKing

Re: What City Should Great G Destroy!?

Post by RedZillaKing »

New York. They got off easy with that Clover p***y. Or San Fran. Golden Gate Bridge is getting too cocky.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

San Francisco..

You gotta admit. it would be really cool to see him walk through the golden gate bridge or blast it with fire.

Seattle would be cool too! :P
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Hey Corpse, you think every disaster takes place in NYC? I watched a collab of movies that show how often Los Angeles is ripped to shreds!

Battle Los Angeles
Day After Tommorow (sorta)
At least 2 earthquake movies
Independence Day (sorta)
Dragon Wars
War of the Worlds (1953)
Volcanoe

Los Angeles dont get no break!

Outta curiosity, how many disaster movies take place in NYC (no sarcasm)?

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Living Corpse wrote: Don't take this personally RZK, I'm just sick of New York always being used when there's other major cities.
No offense taken bud. NYC would be my first choice, but I could see people being sick of it...

"It's a Atomic day, in San Francisco town..."

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

Living Corpse wrote:*Facepalm*

You clearly didn't get what I was saying. So I'll put it in big pretty letters.

IT'S OVER USED.
:D
Ya I get that (after that post who won't?) but I'm honestly asking, who here can list all NYC disaster movies?

...Or is it too big a list?

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

San Diego.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Jomei wrote:San Francisco!
Meh, I don't know about SF. There's literally nothing except the obvious worth destroying. Have you seen one film where anything besides the GGate is destroyed? "Oh no, I'm inconvenienced! I can't get into the city via the main route!"

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Actually most people use the Oakland/San Francisco Bay Bridge (which is nearing completion of its renovation) to enter the city, or come up the Southern Penninsula. Downtown SF would be totaly fun, as I said earlier on, its one of my favorite stages in Godzilla:Unleashed. --The Transamerica Building, Fisherman's Warf, The Academy of Sciences, Japan Town (For some great side jokes) There's some great stuff in SF aside from the obvious, Golden gate Bridge which is at the North Entrance to the City, and really isn't that pivotal. Oh and if your a fan of the showa series, there are a ton of Oil Refineries up in the Eastern Part of the Bay. On a side note- If anyone has read the Godzilla 2000 Novel by marc Cerasini, he gives one of the best most detailed accounts of a Godzilla rampage scenario throughout the Northern California Bay Area
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

King Ghidrah
Ronin

Post by King Ghidrah »

They should have him just attack Northern California. Simple as that.
Well, some of the movie can be in SoCal but most of it in NorCal. The first Godzilla appearance can be in LA. He shows up, destroys shit, people run and the world is shocked, scared, confused, blah blah blah.
Then, eventually, he appears at the San Francisco bay. He destroys the Golden Gate Bridge, and does whatever else the directer decides for him to do. Then he can possibly head on over to Sacramento, CA's capitol, after everything is done in SF. And from there, they either kill him or he escapes.
Yeah, idk. Just throwing some ideas out there. Adding Sacramento would most likely not happen. But I can see him attacking LA first and then later on in the movie he appears in SF and battles it out with not only the U.S. military but with some other monster.
If interested, here is my Facebook Page; http://www.facebook.com/RelaxItsMeGoji

I co-admin this page; http://www.facebook.com/pages/GODZILLA/64419121116

-Ben

Motorheadbanger
Monsterland Worker

Post by Motorheadbanger »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:San Diego.
Godzilla vs. Ron Burgundy...
Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

Did anybody read the comments by Del Toro saying he had a landmark in mind to be destroyed, but Thomas Tull "c blocked" him and said it was taken in Godzilla. It is a long shot but I wonder if it will be here...

It is a coastal city, and has the largest structure in the world. (Dubai)

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Assuming Chengheungtat IS the conceptual artist for the film, alot of his works take place in Hong Kong...
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Gyaos wrote:Assuming Chengheungtat IS the conceptual artist for the film, alot of his works take place in Hong Kong...
He isn't working on the design. At least, he'd better not be.

I'm hoping for an American city NOT named New York.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

How about
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
Gyaos wrote:Assuming Chengheungtat IS the conceptual artist for the film, alot of his works take place in Hong Kong...
He isn't working on the design. At least, he'd better not be.

I'm hoping for an American city NOT named New York.
Why do you hate this artiast so much?
ImageImage

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

King Ghidrah wrote:They should have him just attack Northern California. Simple as that.
Well, some of the movie can be in SoCal but most of it in NorCal. The first Godzilla appearance can be in LA. He shows up, destroys shit, people run and the world is shocked, scared, confused, blah blah blah.
Then, eventually, he appears at the San Francisco bay. He destroys the Golden Gate Bridge, and does whatever else the directer decides for him to do. Then he can possibly head on over to Sacramento, CA's capitol, after everything is done in SF. And from there, they either kill him or he escapes.
Yeah, idk. Just throwing some ideas out there. Adding Sacramento would most likely not happen. But I can see him attacking LA first and then later on in the movie he appears in SF and battles it out with not only the U.S. military but with some other monster.
Thats pretty much what happened in the G2000 novel (except he went on across the United States to end up battling King Ghidora in New York). But no-, Sacramento shouldn't even be considered. Its a craphole town that "wants" to be a big city, but never will be. I know I live here.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I definetly wanna see Godzilla hit LA. Its probably the one place he hasnt been to outside of games.
ImageImage

Toa Maximus
Young Farmer

Post by Toa Maximus »

Gyaos wrote:I definetly wanna see Godzilla hit LA. Its probably the one place he hasnt been to outside of games.
Yeah and then he Can fight Randy Newman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5LzCOc98E

zillabeast
Yojimbo

Post by zillabeast »

Albuquerque.

godzilla96
Samurai

where will this movie take place

Post by godzilla96 »

i just want opinions
Godzilla is king of the monsters.