Should Mecha-Godzilla be use in the reboot?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
H-Man
G-Grasper

Re: Should Mecha-Godzilla be use in the reboot?

Post by H-Man »

Just resurrecting this thread to compare our (collectively speaking) opinions prior to G'14 to now, after Mechagodzilla is now part of the Monsterverse--heh...the term "Monsterverse" wasn't even a thing in 2011/2012.

I admit that I never wanted MG in the Monsterverse, both because of his overuse and the relative realism of Godzilla '14. That said, I really enjoyed his design and his execution in GvK, plus the quality of the fight he was involved in.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I can safely come back to this 8+ year old thread and say that yes, they did MG right. Too right
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I wondered why topic was here. I was like 'uh you mean when MV is over?'

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

H-Man wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:13 am

I admit that I never wanted MG in the Monsterverse, both because of his overuse and the relative realism of Godzilla '14.
I agree with this. I'm not saying I didn't like MG's inclusion, but I feel overall the monsterverse kind of drifted Marvel-style. By that I mean:
Godzilla 2014 - went for realism with some liberties, like the first Iron Man
Godzilla, KotM - slightly more sci-fi, similar to the first Avengers in realism vs action movie
GvK - Guardians of the Galaxy level tech, lots of action (and bright colors with an interesting soundtrack)

Overall it was still a very fun series of movies, especially for the fans.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

darkcancer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:09 am Overall it was still a very fun series of movies, especially for the fans.
I think it’s safe to say the MV will continue at this point lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Nah there's no way Mechagodzilla appears in the reboot lol. An American Godzilla movie showing Mechagodzilla? Gimme a break. I also heard some people telling me that Godzilla and Kong would also be in the reboot and team up to fight it? Haha what a pipe dream amiright guys?
Long Live The King

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Hokmuto wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:33 am Nah there's no way Mechagodzilla appears in the reboot lol. An American Godzilla movie showing Mechagodzilla? Gimme a break. I also heard some people telling me that Godzilla and Kong would also be in the reboot and team up to fight it? Haha what a pipe dream amiright guys?
Bruh, that's so whack. I also heard about some 'Hollow Earth' shit and them having a space faring King Ghidorah. How laughable!
For Emperor and Empire!

FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:34 am I can safely come back to this 8+ year old thread and say that yes, they did MG right. Too right
Yeah who knew lol
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Man, I was still in high school when this thread was posted. It's hard to believe it's almost been a decade since the Big-G got his big return.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

shadowgigan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:39 pm Man, I was still in high school when this thread was posted. It's hard to believe it's almost been a decade since the Big-G got his big return.
You think that's bad? I was 8 when this thread was made. I can't even remember if I'd seen a Godzilla movie yet.
For Emperor and Empire!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Voyager wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:12 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:39 pm Man, I was still in high school when this thread was posted. It's hard to believe it's almost been a decade since the Big-G got his big return.
You think that's bad? I was 8 when this thread was made. I can't even remember if I'd seen a Godzilla movie yet.
I was in the 3rd grade, and became a Godzilla fan in 2011. Now I'm in college. Crazy how much of a kaiju renaissance the last 8-9 years has been.

I wonder how fans in 2011 would've reacted if you went back in time and told them in ten years Godzilla and Kong would fight again in a shared universe of big-budget American kaiju movies. Oh and Toho stepped in in 2016, made the most commercially successful Godzilla reboot ever, and then "technically" went on hiatus again.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:19 am
Voyager wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:12 pm
I was in the 3rd grade, and became a Godzilla fan in 2011. Now I'm in college. Crazy how much of a kaiju renaissance the last 8-9 years has been.

I wonder how fans in 2011 would've reacted if you went back in time and told them in ten years Godzilla and Kong would fight again in a shared universe of big-budget American kaiju movies. Oh and Toho stepped in in 2016, made the most commercially successful Godzilla reboot ever, and then "technically" went on hiatus again.
It feels like an entirely different world almost. At least we have Godzilla!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Toasting in epic bread
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?