Actors/Actresses you want to see?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Akira Takarada in G2012?

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

If you guys head over to G-Fan.com they have an article on the main page about trying to get Legendary Pictures to cast Akira Takarada in the film. I think it'd be awesome to see a cameo from the legendary Godzilla star :)
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Re: Akira Takarada in G2012?

Post by Darth Calypso »

Although it would be nice to see him in the movie, it will most likely not happen.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Darth Calypso wrote:Although it would be nice to see him in the movie, it will most likely not happen.
Why wouldn't it be?
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Hellspawn28 wrote:If they did not get him for G98 then why would use him for LPG?
People change as time goes on. Wtf not?
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

EternalMothra
Samurai

Post by EternalMothra »

Hellspawn28 wrote:If they did not get him for G98 then why would use him for LPG?
If I remember correctly this movie will be a joint effort between LPG and Toho. Well at least Toho will have some influence over it, so why wouldn't Takarada be cast?

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

EternalMothra wrote:
If I remember correctly this movie will be a joint effort between LPG and Toho. Well at least Toho will have some influence over it, so why wouldn't Takarada be cast?
^ ^ This. I would love to see Takarada play some sort of role, even if it was a Japanese fisherman who claims he saw a monster.
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Even if he makes a two second cameo I want him to be in it!
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Mecha-Anguirus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mecha-Anguirus »

He'd be great as a cameo, but I think he's a bit too expensive to be a main character.
Reboot: coda 1G65R34... Weapons Status: functioning... Recoding Mainframe... Video Sensors: recording... Mecha-Anguirus now Online.

Remember me?

DaikaijuSokogeki!
JXSDF Technician

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

I would absolutely, undoubtedly love that.

....Can't really say much else about this topic. Not much room for discussion on my end. If LP doesn't put him in...I'd be pretty sad. That's about it.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

It would be nice if he was a cameo. If not, I'll still watch the movie regardless.

gojimantis
GPN Volunteer

Post by gojimantis »

if his cameo would be as the guy who comes up with the way to stop Godzilla's raid, that would be awesome.
You have your fear which might become reality. And you have Godzilla, which *is* reality.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Quick question; does anyone know what series this movie will fall into like the millennium series or will it be a brand new one?
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

One would assume a whole new series, since the millennium series technically ended with Final Wars. But idk, you never know..
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

Since it's an American film, it's a logical assumption to say that it's intent will be to either be a stand-alone film, or start an entirely new continuity or era.

The argument can still be made for calling it a Millennium era film, but it's hardly with debating that point.
Proud father, husband, and son.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Legion1979 wrote:The Millennium series is over. It died with Final Wars.
I... I just can't accept that, Legion. I just don't know how to move on. *sobs*

Anyway, no. I'm pretty sure, Legion is right. The chances of this being considered part of the Millenium series are slim to none.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

The Dark Uniter
G-Grasper

Post by The Dark Uniter »

Since this is an American movie, I guess that means the movie won't be filmed in Japanese, depending on the location, that is.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

A cameo might work, wouldnt take much work on their party anyways. I say go for it.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Hiro Nakajima should show up alongside him saying Godzilla is a big pussy, and Takarada can be the one telling him to shut up.

Vague reference here.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

Chris55 wrote:
The Dark Uniter wrote:Since this is an American movie, I guess that means the movie won't be filmed in Japanese, depending on the location, that is.
Why would they put $100+ million budget into an American movie and then film it in Japanese?
Depending on the subject matter, films are shot all around the world. George Lucas shot his Star Wars films in several different countries.

Crocodile
Gotengo Officer

Post by Crocodile »

Killswitch wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
The Dark Uniter wrote:Since this is an American movie, I guess that means the movie won't be filmed in Japanese, depending on the location, that is.
Why would they put $100+ million budget into an American movie and then film it in Japanese?
Depending on the subject matter, films are shot all around the world. George Lucas shot his Star Wars films in several different countries.
Yeah, but even the Tunisian scenes were filmed in English, now a scene ot two with Japanese dialouge would be cool.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies