Actors/Actresses you want to see?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Actors/Actresses you want to see?

Post by Showa Gyaos »

- Bruce Campbell
- Robin Williams
- Harrison Ford
- Jimmy Smits
- George Clooney
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

I feel like James Spader would be a good protagonist if a journalist or a scientist. He just popped into my head spontaneously, but I hadn't really given any thought to who would work best. I guess that the most important thing is that they choose good actors rather than simply very popular beautiful stars. Serious actors can do so much to help suspend disbelief, and the suspension of disbelief is difficult to achieve consistently in a giant monster film. I prefer the 1954 uncut version of Godzilla, but I have to say that the 1956 American version was lucky to have Raymond Burr's demeanor and sincerity on its side. I would be happy to see a believable, confidant protagonist like that in our upcoming film.

Proofpoochie
G-Force Personnel

Post by Proofpoochie »

Showa Gyaos wrote:- Bruce Campbell
- Robin Williams
- Harrison Ford
- Jimmy Smits
- George Clooney
No.

Also, John Cusack would be a terrible choice.

DrunkenGamer
Monsterland Worker

Post by DrunkenGamer »

Morgan Freeman - He can star in any movie, and still fit in perfectly. He's just awesome.
Guardian of Justice and LOVE.
"So you know, cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you, it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well." - Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

Meagan Fox! Mathew Broderick! Will Ferrell! jk
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

Megan Fox, Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan, the list goes on!
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

John Krasinski of Office fame would make a great American reporter in Japan. I think he's a great actor, and would love to see him in bigger things like this.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Post by Hedorah »

TokyoVigilante wrote:John Krasinski of Office fame would make a great American reporter in Japan. I think he's a great actor, and would love to see him in bigger things like this.
Dude this is so true! He would be great!
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

If they try the "old fisherman" character again, a cameo by Haruo Nakajima would just kick massive amounts of ass.
Also, similar to the J.D. Lees look-alike in GINO, Devlin and Emmerich look-alikes getting killed would just make my day. :P
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Showa Gyaos wrote:- Bruce Campbell
- Robin Williams
- Harrison Ford
- Jimmy Smits
- George Clooney

No.... On a more serious note maybe - Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Jeff Goldblum, any of them i actually wouldn't object being in the new Godzilla film.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Megan Fox

Shia Ladouche

Jonh Turturro.

Okay i was joking.

i want christian bale in the movie.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Proofpoochie wrote:No.

Also, John Cusack would be a terrible choice.
XxComablack1937xX wrote:No.... On a more serious note maybe - Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Jeff Goldblum, any of them i actually wouldn't object being in the new Godzilla film.
Oh, come on! They've done some serious acting before! :mad:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

TokyoVigilante wrote:John Krasinski of Office fame would make a great American reporter in Japan. I think he's a great actor, and would love to see him in bigger things like this.
That would be pretty cool actually D:
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hope we don't get any WWE stars in the movie.
No, we should get Don Frye!
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Yeah that would be a great choice. I would love to see John Krasinski in the movie. I can see John Cusack playing a character where his family has been killed by Godzilla, and no one believes that Godzilla is coming.
That's kinda boring. :?
Chris55 wrote:

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Yeah that would be a great choice. I would love to see John Krasinski in the movie. I can see John Cusack playing a character where his family has been killed by Godzilla, and no one believes that Godzilla is coming.
Oh boy, Crazy Ralph's back! I thought Jason got 'im back in '81... technically '84... whatever.

I'd like to see some Toho cameos, and I think J. D. Lees deserves one as well... and if it's set in the USA, make the Mayor Emmerich and his lackey Dean ;)
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I'd like Will Smith, he's my favorite actor and he's done great in serious movies before, while also managing to retain an air of comedy to the character he brings. That and he's one of the few actors that play serious roles that I know by name.

G1 Startruck Jonez
Interpol Agent

Post by G1 Startruck Jonez »

Robert Francis "Bobcat" Goldthwait
because of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wJMvw_ra4

word.
Geek Culture for the Geek in us all - https://www.facebook.com/G1and2
Become a fan.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzillawolf wrote:I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I'd like Will Smith, he's my favorite actor and he's done great in serious movies before, while also managing to retain an air of comedy to the character he brings. That and he's one of the few actors that play serious roles that I know by name.
I agree that Will Smith would be a great person for this movie, but I hope he would leave most of the comedy out.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

Yeah, but I agree. But he's managed to pull fairly serious roles before, like The Persuit of Happyness and iRobot. Just how he delievers his comedy makes it seem really natural, not forced like a lot of comedy in certain series.