Release Date

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: Release Date

Post by goji1986 »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Ninja Turtles i'll be shock if it actually makes the date, with the leaked script already getting mixed reviews (Real or Fake) an anything involving Micheal Bay is already 1 point against it.
Are you forgetting that the Transformers movies were HUGE moneymakers? The last one earned over a billion dollars and was one of, if not the, top earner of last year's summer blockbuster season. Regardless of quality, the general public likes his movies because of his name alone.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

^and Friday the 13th

You cant honestly expect me to believe that ASM2 can beat Godzilla at the BO 3 weeks after its release? Godzilla is also a big brand name and icon believe it or not so people WILL go see it. Plus itll be in 3D too which means more $$$$

I dont buy that idea that ASM2 will stay #1 for 3 weeks in a row and beat Godzilla. I also dont believe TMNT stay in its current spot let alone beat Godzilla. I cant tell you how many people thought that TMNT was scrapped when ive talked about it facing off against Godzilla recently.

I think a lot of this is fans panicking over nothing. First we had the "will it or wont it get made?" people and now we have the "well it may not be #1 at the BO opening weekend because of competition." people.

All i care about is the fact that this movie IS happening.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

gatorzilla wrote:^and Friday the 13th

You cant honestly expect me to believe that ASM2 can beat Godzilla at the BO 3 weeks after its release? Godzilla is also a big brand name and icon believe it or not so people WILL go see it. Plus itll be in 3D too which means more $$$$

I dont buy that idea that ASM2 will stay #1 for 3 weeks in a row and beat Godzilla. I also dont believe TMNT stay in its current spot let alone beat Godzilla. I cant tell you how many people thought that TMNT was scrapped when ive talked about it facing off against Godzilla recently.

I think a lot of this is fans panicking over nothing. First we had the "will it or wont it get made?" people and now we have the "well it may not be #1 at the BO opening weekend because of competition." people.

All i care about is the fact that this movie IS happening.
We're not complaining or panicking. It's just realism. There's a chance that it WILL get overshadowed. A number of factors can contribute to that. It's natural to take those factors into consideration. What about poor advertising? A lackluster trailer? You never know. No we don't have any reason to think that Godzilla won't be successful. But we also have no reason to think it will be incredibly successful. It's far too early to make those kinds of calls.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Shadow wrote:*Flicks middle finger to those who said this movie is gonna flop.*
Just because we have a release date doesn't mean this movie isn't at risk of flopping. All movies have the potential to flop. Even good ones.
Didn't mean like that, I meant to all those that think nothing more will happen with this film.
I also know a good movie can flop.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

goji1986 wrote:
XxComablack1937xX wrote:Ninja Turtles i'll be shock if it actually makes the date, with the leaked script already getting mixed reviews (Real or Fake) an anything involving Micheal Bay is already 1 point against it.
Are you forgetting that the Transformers movies were HUGE moneymakers? The last one earned over a billion dollars and was one of, if not the, top earner of last year's summer blockbuster season. Regardless of quality, the general public likes his movies because of his name alone.

True, but Micheal Bay isn't directing The Ninja Turtle Reboot... I believe it's the director who did ''Battle in Los Angeles'' Jonathan Liebesman which it was a terrilble film an none of his prior films are anything impressive at all.

So this could be decent or fail.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

goji1986 wrote:
What are the thoughts from the Transformers fan community on these high budget action movies?
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Bay's last film before Transformers was The Island which bombed. People forget that most people hate him next to M. Night Shyamalan. As I mention before, Transformers did well because it's based on Transformers.
Just like GINO did well at the box office for a bit because it was advertised as Godzilla. For as bad as it was it still made about 400 million worldwide.

bearijuana
GPN Volunteer

Post by bearijuana »

gatorzilla wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Bay's last film before Transformers was The Island which bombed. People forget that most people hate him next to M. Night Shyamalan. As I mention before, Transformers did well because it's based on Transformers.
Just like GINO did well at the box office for a bit because it was advertised as Godzilla. For as bad as it was it still made about 400 million worldwide.
Yeah, it even out performed Batman Begins by just a little bit. Of course it was critically panned compared to Batman Begins, but still shows how much power a Godzilla movie could hold if it was actually critically acclaimed a bit more, and had good word of mouth. I'd say this movie could draw around at the very least $550-600 million if done right, especially with 3D boosting it's ticket sales. Then after drawing general audiences back in to Godzilla if it's good, it will whipe the Godzilla slate clean of GINO, and who knows what future may hold in terms of B.O. as far as sequels go. Of course this movie has to do it though, it has to be good first off if these predictions are to come true.
TK's Biggest Druggie

fucck this shit im a samurai

Imma mothervuckin milluhnaire

"If your good at sumthing never do it for free"

"Im an agent of chaos"

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

^Why my dear delusional dark dork, it hasn't even begun.
LP will succeed where Tristar failed. How many of LP's movies have flopped? Seriously how many cause I don't know.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Shadow wrote:^Why my dear delusional dark dork, it hasn't even begun.
LP will succeed where Tristar failed. How many of LP's movies have flopped? Seriously how many cause I don't know.
LP has had a few flops (Jonah Hex being the worst) BUT when it comes to franchise films like this I trust them more than other studios.

LP was created by and is run by one key thing.....Fanboys

IMO I think they have the right people working on this movie and I think it will succeed.
If the Comic Con footage was a good indication of what direction they are taking this film then it will be a BIG hit.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

^Didn't LP help make the manliest movie of all time... 300?

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Tyler wrote:
Shadow wrote:^Didn't LP help make the manliest movie of all time... 300?
Or the most homoerotic.
My thoughts exactly. Which is probably one of the few appropriate things about the movie and graphic novel as far as historical accuracy is concerned.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Every studio has a fair amount of failures but they learn mistakes from those movies. Johan Hex bombed because it got awful reviews and the trailers didn't made enough people hype up for the movie. Sucker Punch did poorly because of the bad word of mouth and 10,000 BC sucked ass but it did well at the box office though. I don't think a few bad movies is going to hurt this film.
Not surpirsing considering who made it.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

The only pictures in Legendary Pictures Catalog that either flopped or under-performed are below but they are still batting out quality films more often then Universal/Sony/Fox an Paramount.

#1. Sucker Punch (just underperformed)

#2. Jonah Hex (F**king bombed big time)

#3. Ninja Assassin (40$ million budget, brought in 61$ million)

#4. Where the wild things are (100$ million budget, 100$ million intake)

#5. Beer Fest (17$ million budget, 20$ million intake)

#6. Lady in the water (75$ million budget, 72$ million intake)

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

[quote="XxComablack1937xX"]#4. Where the wild things are (100$ million budget, 100$ million intake)[quote]

Legendary did that movie!? Holy shit...never guessed it.