Story Ideas and Plot Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Re: Story Ideas and Plot Speculation

Post by mechabrent »

I want no masers or super x's until the next film at least. There would be no need for them to rush production againist a monster they did not know existed. In a sequel ok, but not the first film. I want to see the military trying with everything they have and the movie end with Godzilla just leaving and the humans broken and in shock. Left alive only because Godzilla got bored.
The United Nations are represented by the little brightly-colored dolphin boat.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

Living Corpse wrote:
mechabrent wrote:I want no masers or super x's until the next film at least. There would be no need for them to rush production againist a monster they did not know existed.
Did you even see Godzilla 1985? They weren't made to fight Godzilla, they were weapons that were being developed during the cold war and when Godzilla returned they panicked an threw everything at him including the kitchen sink.
Yes I own it on DVD. We are not currently in a cold war though and I feel it would be stretching believability and the grounded realism they are going with if it was in the first film.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I will preface this with saying I do not much care if there is "sci-fi" tech used in the film or not. That said, I don't think those types of defenses are necessary in order to maintain "interest" in the film. Conventional means were used in Cloverfield, and although that movie is probably the better part of an hour shorter than what G14 will be, consider the fact that Cloverfield minimized scenery with the monster, much less showing Godzilla and additional monsters in all their grandeur. On top of that we'll have a much more complex story involving the characters rather than people running around with their camera. I know that's not a fantastic comparison but then one can even consider the original G54. Oxygen destroyer aside, humanity had no sci-fi technology to utilize, and that never got boring (with two major Godzilla advances). This movie will probably be another 30 minutes or so longer, but given extra time for battles, etc, I still don't see that being a problem. Even in G2K they had that special new whateveritwascalled before the UFO found Godzilla, and that movie didn't get boring during the Godzilla encounters either. Again, these aren't all great comparisons but in general I don't think fancier technology really has to exist in the film. I'm just indifferent to it at this point.
mechabrent wrote: Yes I own it on DVD. We are not currently in a cold war though and I feel it would be stretching believability and the grounded realism they are going with if it was in the first film.
No but China is being looked upon with the slightest hint of suspicion, especially as their budget is being ratcheted upwards. Plus if they set any part of this or a future movie in Japan, Japan has recently decided to dramatically increase theirs as well, also (largely) in response to growing concerns about the China-Japan relationship. The real world we live in today might be rather applicable to this film or future installments if we ever get them.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Tohosaurus wrote: No but China is being looked upon with the slightest hint of suspicion, especially as their budget is being ratcheted upwards. Plus if they set any part of this or a future movie in Japan, Japan has recently decided to dramatically increase theirs as well, also (largely) in response to growing concerns about the China-Japan relationship. The real world we live in today might be rather applicable to this film or future installments if we ever get them.
China is no direct threat to Japan. North Korea is. See, it would be dumb to attack South Korea fro the get-go. They'll attack Japan, and the Japanese forces that would need to be stationed in SK, along with refugees, would cause a lot of social dissidence in SK, leaving them more vulnerable. China, as of now, backs North Korea, but that will not last long.

North Korea will be history within the next 20 years, and it likely won't be due to the United States. If you want my guess, Japan will put them in the ground before either SK, China, or the US(who gives them the weapons to do so). THEN Japan will have to worry about China. A lot. That whole "our nation refuses to harbor a military or WMD's" thing will be eradicated before 2050, and ironically it's going to be us(US) giving them the most support, as they provide us a stable influence over the far east, seeing as we practically own them. It's one of several countries that almost completely relies on the United States for protection. Their Self Defense Force is at the very least more respectable than Canada's, which I presume is composed in its entirety by 14 minutemen, 2 and a half axes, and a bear.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Well its official I spoiled the crud out of this movie on scifijapan.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

ernesth100 wrote:Well its official I spoiled the crud out of this movie on scifijapan.
How does it feel to be you?
You do that here, and you will regret it.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
Let's dance.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

Svitska Donkun wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Well its official I spoiled the crud out of this movie on scifijapan.
How does it feel to be you?
You do that here, and you will regret it.
He gets it no need for threatening people.

You don't happen to work for the USPS do you?

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Living Corpse wrote:He actually does have to be threaten with punishment, he just randomly spouts shit without thinking. Yes I am aware everyone has those moments at some point in their lives but from what I've seen he has those moments every moment of his life.
Are you talking about me or Ernesth?
A person who goes onto a forum and brags about spoiling the movie for everyone on a neighboring website, is not one to be trusted. Especially when he is incapable of grasping just what he really actually did.

This is a very small fandom, and among the big websites there is a LOT of overlap in terms of users/readers. There is nothing we don't hear about. If he spoils it all on one website in the fandom, then he's figuratively lighting a forest fire that has the potential to spread across the whole fanbase in a very short time. Before you know it, people will assume the spoilers are public knowledge(which is already how many aspects of this film are being treated), and people post spoilers, without warning, thinking nothing of it, for someone like you or me to read by accident.

I blame Coon Lilith.
Let's dance.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Living Corpse wrote: I don't agree with you on everything Donkun, even had a few fights with you but you make points I can agree with now and then.
Fights? Dear boy, no. You have not truly fought me. I have actually mellowed out in the past year or two, shockingly, in exchange for being much more jaded. Fights with me on this forum used to be wars. Now it just seems senseless, as these newer users are not of the same stock as the older crew. I often feel like a ghost in rusty armor.

Oh to be young and over dramatic again.
Let's dance.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Gawdziller wrote: How exactly will he regret it?
By your swift and hard resolve, your modship.
How could I, a mere mortal poster, cunningly devise an effective retribution completely independent of the forum through sheer resourcefulness and will? Only an extremely vindictive person with an axe to grind and a lot of free time on their hands is capable of doing that. ;)
Let's dance.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

I personally do not mind being spoiled. I am there to see it all come together. I am a huge film buff though and love the shot composition, symbolism, easter eggs, commentaries, and the like. I just pray it is either amazingly good or amazingly bad. There is no greater sin in film than being boring.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

lol i cringed hard on those remarks about fighting the real you on the internet, enough with the googled synonyms

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

junkerde wrote:lol i cringed hard on those remarks about fighting the real you on the internet, enough with the googled synonyms
I think you need to Google the word synonyms, because what you are saying doesn't make sense.
Let's dance.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

Living Corpse wrote:
mechabrent wrote:I personally do not mind being spoiled.
That's you.

I don't want to be spoiled.
And that is your prerogative :)

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Until the film is released, No one will get away with saying any spoilers on this forum(outside of the spoiler thread), while I am breathing.

If you want to be spoiled, go there or Sci-Fi Japan(apparently), but do not post spoilers for others to read. If you have doubts whether or not something is a spoiler, don't post it at all. I do not care if I sound like an armchair mod. End of discussion.
Let's dance.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

I think the spoiler thread needs to be Sticky'd so as to avoid any issues in other threads
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

gatorzilla wrote:I think the spoiler thread needs to be Sticky'd so as to avoid any issues in other threads
Yeah I agree with this.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

It would def stop Donkun from having a coronary.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Godzilla628 wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:I think the spoiler thread needs to be Sticky'd so as to avoid any issues in other threads
Yeah I agree with this.
I only think that would exasperate the potential problem by giving them more exposure. If anything should be sticky'd, it should be an independent, locked thread that outlines a strict policy on spoilers. The Spoiler thread itself shouldn't be sticky'd until the film's release.
Let's dance.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

What do you consider a spoiler though? Chris55 was dropping hints about one of the Mutos being able to swim for ages I might have considered that to be a spoiler, and then there were the articles recently saying the Mutos came from test tubes (Something like that anyways.), I don't know if those are just rumors, but I only saw one person whining their head off on Facebook about that being a spoiler.

Obviously if it's stuff from the end of the movie that are supposed to be kept secret then those are obvious spoilers, but I think we need a good definition of what is and isn't a spoiler because I've been seeing people on Facebook complaining about every new bit of information and saying they were spoilers (Like the pictures from the set, or the nuke being lowered.)
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars