Story Ideas and Plot Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Story Ideas and Plot Speculation

Post by junkerde »

SPOILER: Not sure if the sources are trustworthy, but I heard that from the leaked script, Godzilla will be in this movie

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

I think there's going to be a scene with two Japanese office workers, one of whom tells her cohort to "quit foolin' around" before Yamane fires them, just as he did with Serizawa. This then segways into Dr. Serizawa's introduction. And there should be another character named Dr. Shigezawa, also played by Ken Watanabe.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
junkerde wrote:SPOILER: Not sure if the sources are trustworthy, but I heard that from the leaked script, Godzilla will be in this movie
SPOILER Clark Kent is an alien called Superman. And Peter Parker is Spider-man.
Spoiler: Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I'm not sure that this has much to do with "story ideas" but I'm curious as to how much of Godzilla's origin is going to be revealed in this film. Shrouded in mystery or fairly well described? I guess we'll see.
Svitska Donkun wrote: China is no direct threat to Japan. North Korea is. See, it would be dumb to attack South Korea fro the get-go. They'll attack Japan, and the Japanese forces that would need to be stationed in SK, along with refugees, would cause a lot of social dissidence in SK, leaving them more vulnerable. China, as of now, backs North Korea, but that will not last long.

North Korea will be history within the next 20 years, and it likely won't be due to the United States. If you want my guess, Japan will put them in the ground before either SK, China, or the US(who gives them the weapons to do so). THEN Japan will have to worry about China. A lot. That whole "our nation refuses to harbor a military or WMD's" thing will be eradicated before 2050, and ironically it's going to be us(US) giving them the most support, as they provide us a stable influence over the far east, seeing as we practically own them. It's one of several countries that almost completely relies on the United States for protection. Their Self Defense Force is at the very least more respectable than Canada's, which I presume is composed in its entirety by 14 minutemen, 2 and a half axes, and a bear.
Eh, the complexities of East Asian geopolitics are, well, complex. China is absolutely MORE of a potential problem, again given the consistent increases in the spending for their defense, size of the army, etc. Furthermore, China's new ADIZ directly overlaps with Japan's zone, which is why I believe they talked about that in the media a lot when it happened. It's no coincidence that with rising China-Japan tensions the decision was made to greatly increase Japan's budget on the matter, this despite the financial problems that Japan faces in some ways. For now though, Japan has numerous advantages.

To be clear, I'm not saying conflict seems likely or anything. They remain major trading partners and have too much on the (economic) line to do more than play politics. However, with the lack of agreed territory, both with new leadership, and a tragic history, accidents can happen, ones that can lead to greater problems. Despite NK's attitude, they are ultimately more of a problem for SK than Japan. Of course SK and Japan and backed by incredible US strength and China's support of NK has waned (though not completely). There seems to be little reason NK would advance on Japan at this point as compared to SK.

Back on topic we go, but I do have a wonderful PM inbox. :D
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

I bet shroude in mystery and the basic idea of it is all you will hear
The United Nations are represented by the little brightly-colored dolphin boat.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

mechabrent wrote:I bet shroude in mystery and the basic idea of it is all you will hear
I'm guessing that's what it will be too, unless Godzilla will be a more recent creation.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

Tohosaurus wrote:
mechabrent wrote:I bet shroude in mystery and the basic idea of it is all you will hear
I'm guessing that's what it will be too, unless Godzilla will be a more recent creation.
I would love it if Godzilla was revered as a legendary deity on some island somewhere and that is how he got his name. When he firstappeared the people thought it was that deity and not something new, just like in Gojira.
The United Nations are represented by the little brightly-colored dolphin boat.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Svitska Donkun wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:Well its official I spoiled the crud out of this movie on scifijapan.
How does it feel to be you?
You do that here, and you will regret it.
Well actually what I meant was there were spoilers on scifijapan because someonew there has a script. I just read the spoilers hence spoiling the movie for myself not you guys. I mean seriously so quick to judge.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Grizilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Grizilla »

^ I agree. Its nice seeing somewhere else get mauled other than New York. I'm personally bored to death with New York being the epicenter of destruction.

I'm actually more curious to see the destruction of Hawaii.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Living Corpse wrote:One thing I really love about the Nemesis books is that instead of New York being crushed it's Boston and Washington D.C.
Off topic: I've just recently heard about these. Are they any good? And is it just the two (at least for now)?
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)