Rejected Godzilla Concept Art

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rejected Godzilla Concept Art

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Tormentor wrote:Image

I still find this design to be one of the greatest designs on the character himself. I personally would love to see this as the main design choice for the LP Godzilla Movie. LP needs to contact Uchusen and talk about using this design, and I'm sure Toho would approve it for sure.
I think this design would be great for the Legendary movie. I can still recognize it as Godzilla, but the feet are also anatomically correct to actual dinosaurs (something that can't be done in suitmation).

The only thing I would change are the spines to look more like traditional Godzilla spines.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Oh how could I? Should've brought their designs as part of the discussion. :oops:

Anyway, I agree with the fellows above. The designs of King Ghidorah and Godzilla look bloody awesome, and the fact that Ghidorah looks like an alien, but at the same time keeps that Ghidorah appeal to it. It's bloody sweet. Can't say much for the Big G, other than what someone mentioned about his feet being anatomically correct without making him a giant T-Rex. Now I do have others that are worthy... Hopefully.

Really darn spiky bugger! But I don't have too much with a problem with that, personally. It's Anguirus. :P
Last edited by KaijuX on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

RogueShuffler
Monsterland Worker

Post by RogueShuffler »

What about those sick head sculptures for 2012(13?14?) Im not sure if those were proven false or not last I heard they were really being considered by LP. If thats what they go with than Im all for it
This valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

RogueShuffler wrote:What about those sick head sculptures for 2012(13?14?) Im not sure if those were proven false or not last I heard they were really being considered by LP. If thats what they go with than Im all for it
GET ON WITH THE HEAD!!!

BTW:it was prooved to be fake long time ago.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

This here looks neat. Updated, but has that old school vibe to it. 8-)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Tormentor wrote:Image

I still find this design to be one of the greatest designs on the character himself. I personally would love to see this as the main design choice for the LP Godzilla Movie. LP needs to contact Uchusen and talk about using this design, and I'm sure Toho would approve it for sure.
I Like This Design reminds me a little of Bio-Goji...^ Somebody Has to show this designs to LG and Toho
for the movie, The Spikes could be a little larger but its Ok.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

^The dorsal plates and wobbly lips are a little weird, but other than that it's great.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

^ I Know They Look like Little Plants but they,re still cool.
Godzilla 2000 Plates Would make him look more Imposing.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

RogueShuffler
Monsterland Worker

Post by RogueShuffler »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
RogueShuffler wrote:What about those sick head sculptures for 2012(13?14?) Im not sure if those were proven false or not last I heard they were really being considered by LP. If thats what they go with than Im all for it
GET ON WITH THE HEAD!!!

:( Damn. That makes me sad. I was pumped for that. Wish I wasnt so new seems like every one knows a million more things than me. Not just about the new movie, like everything Godzilla. Always loved it when I was a kid and just recently remembered how happy Godzilla makes me. Now Im wicked, wicked behind.
This valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

They would need to fix the spines for me to absolutely fall in love with it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

^
All of this. The spines just look fleshy and gross. And kinda' delicate too.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Rockzilla »

I don't really care all that much for an anatomically correct Godzilla, but I do like the Uchusen art. I hope Godzilla looks similar to this except have his spines look similar to the 2000 suit.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

RogueShuffler wrote:
shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
GET ON WITH THE HEAD!!!

:( Damn. That makes me sad. I was pumped for that. Wish I wasnt so new seems like every one knows a million more things than me. Not just about the new movie, like everything Godzilla. Always loved it when I was a kid and just recently remembered how happy Godzilla makes me. Now Im wicked, wicked behind.
Eh, it's okay. Read though some of the older threads, that's how I catch up whenever I feel behind. ^_^

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

Lol, this was the website that i dsicovered about the new Legendary Pictures about the new Godzilla movie. Been following every since
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

Remember this photo going through circulation?
I can't remember if it was ruled out as fan art or actual production sketch?
But if it is a "pre-production sketch", did hear anyone entertain the idea that this is a potential Spacegodzilla design and not a Godzilla design. He wouldn't be a bad idea for a foe for the launch film cause he doesn't need, nor has he had, a thick story. The first movie may require most of the film time to revolve around Godzilla and have a opponent with a smaller not as flushed story. Enter Spacegodzilla.

He seeks energy and destroys cities to harvest it (an over simplification).
The space background is a HUGE stretch, no matter which way you spin it, but the movie could be in favour fun over realism. I don't know if I'd be for it or against it, but likely the latter. I think Rodan would do nice the first film cause he's expendable and you could always fall back on the multiple rodan plot point for future films if desired.
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

^Fan made.

StonedHope
Interpol Agent

Post by StonedHope »

I figured Looked to much like this old one

I was releaved when this was revealed to be fan art.
Currently living in Taiwan (month 9).
If anyone is considering teaching English abroad as a good way to travel. I recommend you do it now and that you consider Taiwan. So far, I think it has the best of Southeast Asia.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Is Godzilla's dinosaur origins the reason why there's the obsession with bird-ifying Godzilla?
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

StonedHope wrote:I figured Looked to much like this old one

I was releaved when this was revealed to be fan art.
This would have been an excellent design minus the feathers and orange/red streaks. And the tail, yeahhhh definitely would have to go.
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

To be honest, I'm expecting something like this. Not perfect and some people are going to complain about it, but then all of the Millennium suits were criticized in some fashion or another, so there will be naysayers no matter what they do. In the end it's still Godzilla, something G98 wasn't. I'm sure MF's work has be saturated on here, but I digress.

고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren