Military Speculation (nationality, battles, masers, Super-X)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Ethan
G-Grasper

Re: Nuke him

Post by Ethan »

It would be interesting. This has never happened in the Japanase films because of their principles, however the US operates in a slightly different manner. Just look at the countless monsters that have been nuked in '50s B movies.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

For the record, the Soviet Union produced about 250 Nuclear bombs roughly the size of a large suitcase and over one hundred are not accounted for; it's unknown if they're destroyed, stolen, or can't be located because of a botched paper trail.

That's kind of a huge fucking deal, IMHO.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Radioactive or not, Godzilla's going to be vaporised if a nuke hits him. Of course, it is Hollywood....

Nuking him would be nice but its nothing I'm dying to see.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

thatsoundman
Monarch Researcher

Post by thatsoundman »

ok, so after reading the entire thread i decided it would be my turn to chime in.
so, picture it Godzilla and Rodan duking it out in the middle of nowhere, more horseplay like in the first ghidorah movie. the military sees and opportunity to wipe them both and nuke them.
the bomb goes off and just as it was in the movie 1991, where the dorahs are left behind and become king ghidorah, godzilla and rodan merge and become Godan, a combination of both, now you have a godzilla that can now fly at supersonic speeds.
8-)

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

What I'd prefer would be the following ending (fits best if it's going to be a trilogy, so the ending of the last film):

Goji battles his most powerful foe to death and heats up more and more during the long and fierce battle. This unfortunately starts uncontrolable nuclear core processes that make him slowly transform into some kind of burning Goji, so that he's transmitting huge amounts of radiation into his environment. That basically weakens his mighty foe (I'd wish it being Bagan, finally) and he finishes him off with a massive nuclear blast - may it be with an uber-powered heat ray or a radioactive pulse. Then immediately afterwards he's so in pain and terror because of burning from the inside, that he goes on the worst destruction trip ever, not only passing landscapes and cities, but completely wiping out everything in his path, only leaving a burned, radioactively polluted desert. Then the politicians and militaries decide that they now HAVE to use the big bomb on him, cause it will no longer increase the damage caused by Godzilla himself. The monster dies a tragic death when the bomb rips it to pieces and vaporizes his body, but a huge part of the country is lost and inhabitable forever due to all the radiation released from his inner body. Mankind delivered a death blow to themselves by creating a monster to lay waste to the world and even kiling it still delivers that blow. That would basically be some epic and bitterwseet ending and worth for an institution that the Godzilla franchise undoubtedly is. At least I think so.
Size DOES matter!

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

I would like them to nuke him twice, the 1st time trying to destroy him only to make him stronger the second time while fighting a much more powerful monster in an attempt to make him stronger.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Do people not understand how horrifyingly powerful and destructive an Atomic Bomb is? The amount of destruction caused by Godzilla compared to that of a nuclear weapon isn't even comparable. That doesn't even factor in the political shit storm that would no doubt follow, the possibility of an escalated war, decades of international relations shattered, and the environmental and collateral damage would not at all in any way be worth it for killing what amounts to a giant animal that can light things on fire.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

TokyoVigilante wrote:Do people not understand how horrifyingly powerful and destructive an Atomic Bomb is? The amount of destruction caused by Godzilla compared to that of a nuclear weapon isn't even comparable. That doesn't even factor in the political shit storm that would no doubt follow, the possibility of an escalated war, decades of international relations shattered, and the environmental and collateral damage would not at all in any way be worth it for killing what amounts to a giant animal that can light things on fire.
But wouldn't that make for one hell of an exciting story?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
TokyoVigilante wrote:Do people not understand how horrifyingly powerful and destructive an Atomic Bomb is? The amount of destruction caused by Godzilla compared to that of a nuclear weapon isn't even comparable. That doesn't even factor in the political shit storm that would no doubt follow, the possibility of an escalated war, decades of international relations shattered, and the environmental and collateral damage would not at all in any way be worth it for killing what amounts to a giant animal that can light things on fire.
But wouldn't that make for one hell of an exciting story?
If you want to use that scenario as the set-up for your films universe, then sure. But throwing around A-bombs like super mushrooms is completely ridiculous. Godzilla surviving getting konked on the head by an atom bomb is about as sensible as a blackhole gun.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

TokyoVigilante wrote:If you want to use that scenario as the set-up for your films universe, then sure. But throwing around A-bombs like super mushrooms is completely ridiculous. Godzilla surviving getting konked on the head by an atom bomb is about as sensible as a blackhole gun.
As one who enjoyed Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, I have no qualms with it.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Well, I think the initial point of Godzilla was that what he did was equivalent to nuking Tokyo...
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Godzilla1703
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla1703 »

I picture that!
Godzilla standing there when they fly over him and drop it on him. It explodes on contact sending smoke into the air, thinking the menace was gone the people rejoice but thats when Godzillas heat ray shoots from the smoke and hits some buildings, causing them to explode. Godzillas roar echoes then he emerges from the smoke twice as pissed.
Shadow Arena History: Wins: 37(I'm heading for 50 :D) Losses: 26
Chris55 wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:^

Wont see that shit in Godzilla.
We did. A whole movie was based around it. It was called "GINO".

:)

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Godzilla1703 wrote:I picture that!
Godzilla standing there when they fly over him and drop it on him. It explodes on contact sending smoke into the air, thinking the menace was gone the people rejoice but thats when Godzillas heat ray shoots from the smoke and hits some buildings, causing them to explode. Godzillas roar echoes then he emerges from the smoke twice as pissed.
If they dropped a nuke on him, the entire area would be vaporized.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Living Corpse wrote:A nuke only goes off once. Godzilla can keep destroying city after city for as long as he likes or is not driven away.

But yes, Godzilla destroying Tokyo in the first film was sort of meant to be like a nuclear weapon going off in slow motion.
Godzilla is something that be studied, deterred, coaxed, tricked, etc. Godzilla can only cause as much destruction as he feels like doing (and depending on the version, that does vary from "spirit of vengeance wrecking havoc" to "thick-headed brute who is just bored").

Ishiro Honda always emphasized the importance of finding means other then the Atom Bomb and resorting to war to solve a crisis, because it's not just the destruction, but the political and environmental ramifications in the long term simply are not worth it. It's a weird irony that everyone seems to be treating a nuclear option to deal with Godzilla that is something that is either reasonable or cool in nothing but the most shallow way.

Here's your scenario; Godzilla is destroying shipping lanes and assaulting coastal towns and cities. Your international trade and economy is being undermined as port cities begin to empty and people begin to inhabit inland regions for safety, creating a demand for housing that begins to eat up your already precious agricultural.

We just nuked Godzilla. he's a radioactive husk in the middle of Tokyo. but now China has become isolationalist and cut off international ties, North Korea begins to mobilize for an imminent invasion of South Korea, Russia is demanding sanctions be placed on the United States and Japan. A cloud of radioactive materials has blown inland, destroying hundreds of acres of precious farm land and giving the now increased rural population cancerous douses of radiation. Your population, already suffering from a housing shortage, is now starving and dying of radiation sickness. Tokyo, the nations capital, won't be habitable for one hundred years.

Oh, and because why the fuck not, the Atomic Bomb used upset some more of Japan's notoriously unstable geological structure, causing another Earthquake.

But thank goodness Godzilla, something we could probably coax to stay out at sea by feeding it nuclear reactors or something is dead.

thatsoundman
Monarch Researcher

Post by thatsoundman »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:This is hollywood we're talking about. If a a man inside a fridge can survive a nuke, why can't Godzilla?
as is stated in that movie there is lead in the casing of the refrigerator, just before indi got in.

and as far as the other ideal goes. the ideal of him battling his worst enemy to date and a bomb going off sounds a lot like godzilla vs destroyah to me imho. :g2k:

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

Godzilla would die if a nuke hit him end of discussion. but no one is crazy
enough to drop a F#cking nuke on him
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

thatsoundman
Monarch Researcher

Post by thatsoundman »

Ethan wrote:
TokyoVigilante wrote:If you want to use that scenario as the set-up for your films universe, then sure. But throwing around A-bombs like super mushrooms is completely ridiculous. Godzilla surviving getting konked on the head by an atom bomb is about as sensible as a blackhole gun.
As one who enjoyed Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, I have no qualms with it.
hey, i like that movie too, now there was some inventiveness with that one... the tracer that was mounted to godzilla, all the robot toys that the kid came up with, and the final solution was not bad, with the stinger in the end signafying another godzilla would be made. good job guys.

JKN
Samurai

Post by JKN »

Throw nuke on Godzilla, what's the worst that can happen right guys...right?
-I must be like the only sane person who liked Zilla

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

I say instead of nuking Godzilla (and everything & everyone else around him), why not inject a healthy dose of Anti Neuclear Bacteria into his blood, enough to put him and perhaps study him for reasearch
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

Legion1979 wrote:It's ironic just how ignorant so many Godzilla fans are about the power and gravity of nuclear weapons.

Godzilla is destroying some buildings. So lets vaporize the entire f@cking city and turn it into an uninhabitable radioactive wasteland. The political, social and economic aftermath will suck. But come on, won't it be SO cool to defeat Godzilla that way? Hell, let's drop another one so he stays dead! That's so boss!
Nobody is ignorant about such things, it would be cool to see a nuclear bomb being set off because of its power and gravity. To this day, I haven't seen a movie (good or bad) where the mammoth mushroom doesn't evoke a sense of awe/terror. Furthermore, people don't want to see Godzilla defeated in such manner, they want him to take it like a man. You guys

And you guys are making it seem like the reality of a movie isn't pliable enough for such a decision to be taken. Political, geological, consequences? Pfft.