Military Speculation (nationality, battles, masers, Super-X)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Nuke him

Post by HayesAJones »

I've always been annoyed by the typical "nuke it" response too. It'd be cool to show a scene like that. It would definitely get across the pint that Godzilla can't be hurt by conventional weaponry.
Last edited by HayesAJones on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

You know i also have always wanted to see what would actually happen now that you mention it. I enjoyed what they did in ''Godzilla 1985'' after the nuke i believe was set off an lighting strikes Godzilla an brings him back to life only to chase the Super-X even more pissed off.

Maybe we will get something like that happen in a sequel or some sort but id love to see a scene like in ''Godzilla 1985'' were he absorbs the energy an his spines just light up i think that would look great, esp since there going to use 3D for the film.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

WE HAVE TO STOP THAT FIRE! THROW MORE GASOLINE ON IT!

:/
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Give Godzilla more nukes will make him stronger. A powerful bomb that destroyed their home in Godzilla vs Destroyah would defenetly make him go into meltdown then we would be pretty much screwed. :| Nuking him would be a very bad idea. It'll make him bigger and stronger depending on the bomb itself and how much is put into the bomb. The one that made Godzilla meltdown was equally strong like the one that created him I'm sure. He's a living nuke reactor putting too much in him will cause an explosion.

But if the movie is made I would love to see Godzillasaurus's point of view how the bomb was set off and how he became to be Godzilla today that would be good to see his view on it. :)

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

^^^Oh, I like that.
But on topic, this is an American movie. Godzilla will probably appear in America. Detonation of nuclear weapons for combat purposes on American soil is strictly against protocol. And besides, if they knew Godzilla fed on atomic energy, they'd probably realize nuking it would be a really, really, like seriously, REALLY bad idea.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

Godzilla feeds on nuclear energy so dropping a nuke would be like giving him a huge dose of steriods,he would be unstoppable.
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

HayesAJones wrote:I've always been annoyed by the typical "nuke it" response too. It'd be to show a scene like that. It would definitely get across the pint that Godzilla can't be hurt by conventional weaponry.
AND that not all of your problems can be solved by nuking them. :D
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Dropping a nuke on Godzilla isn't what I'd want for the movie. Perhaps, after mutliple military failures, they might try and kill Godzilla by luring him into a rural area with a nuke, and then set it off away from populated centers. This could be the end of the movie, and not show if it worked or not. It leaves room for a sequel that way.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

edgaguirus wrote:Dropping a nuke on Godzilla isn't what I'd want for the movie. Perhaps, after mutliple military failures, they might try and kill Godzilla by luring him into a rural area with a nuke, and then set it off away from populated centers. This could be the end of the movie, and not show if it worked or not. It leaves room for a sequel that way.
I'd rather show that it didn't work, that leaves room for a sequel too and would leave a cool No-Hope kinda feeling.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I don't see the need to kill him. Just chase him away. But, I do think using Nuclear Weapons to kill him would make for some great drama.

Kuroneko-sama
Yojimbo

Post by Kuroneko-sama »

Talk about the controversy that would instigate. With all this talk about going "anti-nuclear", I would love to see how the idea of using a nuclear bomb against Godzilla would be handled.

The thing we have to remember here is that right now we're acting on the assumption that the LP film will have no connection to previous Godzilla films, except maybe the original film. What happened with Heisei Godzilla and the meltdown may not be the case in the LP film. While it's a reasonable guess, we have to remember that just because Heisei Godzilla went meltdown doesn't necessarily mean that LP Godzilla will, or at least not right away.

Aside from that, if the LP film has the characters connecting Godzilla's advent to nuclear weaponry, they might not opt to use nukes at all. In that case, they'd deploy another bomb capable of similar destruction. The effect, however, would be the same: smoke, dust, and debris clears from the air, and a cheering American military and citizenry is horrified to see, in person, on TV, or on the internet, Godzilla as he regenerates, turning angrily to his assailants before escaping to heal.
バカばっか
There are as many people as there are stars...
There are as many encounters as there are stars...
And farewells...

-Ruri Hoshino, Nadesico: the Prince of Darkness

G1 Startruck Jonez
Interpol Agent

Post by G1 Startruck Jonez »

^^^^
Good point. There doesnt necessarily have to be a nuke dropped on Godzilla. It could be whatever new powerhouse the governments of the world can colaborate on.
But I would like the idea of running out of options and going the desperate rout and nuking Godzilla.
Gigan X3 wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:Dropping a nuke on Godzilla isn't what I'd want for the movie. Perhaps, after mutliple military failures, they might try and kill Godzilla by luring him into a rural area with a nuke, and then set it off away from populated centers. This could be the end of the movie, and not show if it worked or not. It leaves room for a sequel that way.
I'd rather show that it didn't work, that leaves room for a sequel too and would leave a cool No-Hope kinda feeling.
Also, instead of having another monster to fight in the first movie, if theres a sequel, the nuclear fallout could result in creating another creature and then there could be the square off.
Geek Culture for the Geek in us all - https://www.facebook.com/G1and2
Become a fan.

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

Living Corpse wrote:So I thought it would be cool to have at least one scene where failure after failure has caused them to become desperate enough to use nukes only to fail and even worse make Godzilla and maybe the other monster stronger then they already were. It could show them looking at Godzilla after the blast thanks to a satellite, see his body is torn in shards and everyone is cheering only to watch in shock as his body grows back parts, grows slightly bigger thanks to the fallout and Godzilla opens his eyes, gets up and keeps on walking like nothing ever happend.

Kuroneko-sama wrote: Aside from that, if the LP film has the characters connecting Godzilla's advent to nuclear weaponry, they might not opt to use nukes at all. In that case, they'd deploy another bomb capable of similar destruction. The effect, however, would be the same: smoke, dust, and debris clears from the air, and a cheering American military and citizenry is horrified to see, in person, on TV, or on the internet, Godzilla as he regenerates, turning angrily to his assailants before escaping to heal.
These two describe what could honestly be an amazing scene in the movie. Kind of a "prelude" to this scene could be like the whole movie the military attempts to kill Godzilla with conventional weapons to no effect. The president gives some speech on TV or something on how he is truly sorry for what has to do. During the middle of Godzilla's newest city tear down, a nuclear bomb is dropped on him and wipes out everything. America mourns for all those lost in the attacks and the bomb, and listen and watch the news hoping the beast is slain only to be horrified as a wounded, torn up Godzilla regenerates before their eyes on TV.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I dont know really. It wouldnt really make sense in contemporary society. I would love to see a connection between the bomb and Godzilla, but not to the degree that they actually bomb him.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

The heat and explosive force of an Atom Bomb going off on Godzilla would vaporize him. You people bitch about the -------- things Final Wars does, but taking a Nuclear Weapon to the face would top any and all of those on the scale of stupid.

I doesn't have to be a nuclear bomb, but it should be a WMD. I personally think Godzilla being struck with an orbital kinetic strike and surviving would be both more plausible and badass.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

A bio weapon could also be an option. Godzilla has already faced those in his movies and the animated series, and it's possible a desperate military might try it on Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Re: Masers, Super Xs, and general awesome military stuff

Post by Darkness »

I'd love to see masers make it in. It would be nice for Legendary to notice that the Godzilla series has more to it than Godzilla and his fellow kaiju. Seeing the classic masers brought back was one of the few things I really liked about the Kiryu Saga.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I like the Maser tank being barely capable of holding back Godzilla in the Kiryu timeline. I'd like to see maybe a prototype of it brought into play here.

Oh and a Super-X would be awesome. Flying tank? Wicked.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

Masers. If I see those, I'll be happy.
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

Just masers, if LP puts the super x in the next thing you'll see would probably be a monster from the heisei series.
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX