Military Speculation (nationality, battles, masers, Super-X)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Re: How will general veiwers react to the U.S. Army losing?

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Berzerkgodzilla wrote:
Primevalgodzilla V2 wrote:Actually, if used on Godzila, the nuke would destroy him. He could absorb the radiation but all that explosive force? Nah.
Everything is possible in the realm of fiction. If they see fit they can have Godzilla survive a nuke, they did it the comics, nothing stopping them from doing it in a movie ;)
Remember the fourth Indiana Jones?

If a man in a refrigerator can survive a nuclear bomb, I'm pretty sure Godzilla can. ;)
This is why we need a like button.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

Even if they would Nuke to destroy him. They wouldn't because of the money. The military is really the only cheap part of the government.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

They wouldn't because the political repercussions of using a Nuke in almost any capacity would far outweigh the benefits of destroying a rogue dinosaur.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

GodGan
Samurai

Post by GodGan »

Do you think Godzilla fans will not accept the US millitary losing? How could Tanks,Guns,Jets,B52's,Fasers,More Guns,Airplanes,Hellicopters, and people could kill godzilla with out a other giant monster or a oxygen destroyer?
Hai

GodGan
Samurai

Re: Nuke him

Post by GodGan »

2 words, oxygen destroyer
Hai

Godzillaprime05
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzillaprime05 »

I think attacking him with biological weapons would be an interesting way to go, the toho films never seemed to explore that to much.
Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: This is not good! This is not good!-a truer statement was never made

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

In the comic series that just came out, they try nuking him.. but all that does is give him the ability to breath nuclear fire.

Would love something like that.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

Would be cool.

ManWithNoName
Yojimbo

Post by ManWithNoName »

If they execute the scene well, then I say nuke his ass, but have him barely scathed.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I agree with the OP. It's something similar to my fantasy trilogy that I've written.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

I don't know about the whole "nuking him" idea, I mean they should already know he's a radioactive dinosaur, so nuking him again isn't going to stop him, it'll just make him more powerful. But then again there's nothing wrong with that.
SHIN GOJIRA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiju115

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kaiju115
Hope Legendary's Godzilla gets more than a Trilogy

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

kaiju115 wrote:I don't know about the whole "nuking him" idea, I mean they should already know he's a radioactive dinosaur, so nuking him again isn't going to stop him, it'll just make him more powerful. But then again there's nothing wrong with that.
Yeah but they won't know that until it happens.
고질라

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Tohosaurus wrote:
kaiju115 wrote:I don't know about the whole "nuking him" idea, I mean they should already know he's a radioactive dinosaur, so nuking him again isn't going to stop him, it'll just make him more powerful. But then again there's nothing wrong with that.
Yeah but they won't know that until it happens.
Hmmm true. Plus that would be pretty funny if they didn't know he's radioactive, and they decide to nuke and they realize it just made him stronger.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I could be interesting if they did. I imagine it would be a last-resort attack: lure him to a remote island, then let him have it.

But it doesn't end there. Sure, the explosion would incinerate/vaporize/blow him to bits, but I imagine that, as the country cheers with victory, we see footage of something re-forming in the smoke... and then, it rises.....

BURNING GODZILLA is born!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

kaiju115 wrote: Hmmm true. Plus that would be pretty funny if they didn't know he's radioactive, and they decide to nuke and they realize it just made him stronger.
True, although I bet they will find out he's radioactive fairly early on as they did in G54 since he would have his own radioactive fallout of sorts and anything he contacted as well. But think of it this way: Godzilla is like one big nuclear plant. You can destroy a nuclear plant by nuking it, so from their perspective it's their last ditch attempt. Little do they know that will not end Godzilla! :)
고질라

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

It's not like surviving a nuke would be all that crazy anyway. He's already tanked a ground zero meteor strike, an absolute zero cannon, and two black holes.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

^ Im assuming they're gonna want this to be somewhat beleivable.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

This is hollywood we're talking about. If a a man inside a fridge can survive a nuke, why can't Godzilla?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:This is hollywood we're talking about. If a a man inside a fridge can survive a nuke, why can't Godzilla?

I don't think we should drop a Nuke on him on the first film, maybe the last an leave it open to the viewer if he survived or not.

I would like to see him attack an absorb nuclear energy from a nuclear power plant like he did in Godzilla 1985... that would be awesome.

kaiju115
JXSDF Technician

Post by kaiju115 »

Rody wrote:I could be interesting if they did. I imagine it would be a last-resort attack: lure him to a remote island, then let him have it.

But it doesn't end there. Sure, the explosion would incinerate/vaporize/blow him to bits, but I imagine that, as the country cheers with victory, we see footage of something re-forming in the smoke... and then, it rises.....

BURNING GODZILLA is born!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
You know that does sound like a good idea.