Military Speculation (nationality, battles, masers, Super-X)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
FlamingZilla23
Interpol Agent

Re: Nuke him

Post by FlamingZilla23 »

Im sorry but wouldn't nuking him make him even more stronger?
Proud member of Toho Kingdom since 2011

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

^ Maybe but its going to look awesome. That is something we havent seen in a Godzilla movie a nuke going of on him
(if you dont the comics).
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I wouldn't be suprised if they tried nuking Godzilla. And I certainly wouldn't be suprised if he walked out of it. What would be cool is that if Godzilla was nuked and just kept going, everyone would realize right then and there that they're fucked. Of course, if I were them, I would try to create a bioweapon to stop Godzilla.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

It's up to us to make a choice,
you know that it's worth to save the Earth,
come raise your voice
Save the Earth!
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

FlamingZilla23 wrote:Im sorry but wouldn't nuking him make him even more stronger?
Nonono.

It's a weird misconception that people have about Atomic Weapons. Having Godzilla be at ground zero is about the same as shooting him through the sun. The heat is ridiculous, so much light is produced, it catches things on fire (and don't get that confused with the heat, which is also insane, the PURE AMOUNT OF LIGHT also catches shit on fire. Imagine a light bulb so bright, it caused things to burst into flames. I cannot stress enough how insane that is); so you drop a load of the fucking sun on Godzilla, then you hit him with a shock wave that can be picked up on seismic recording devices world wide. Godzilla has basically been vaporized. That is what would happen.

^
All of that is not what mutated Godzilla. Godzilla was mutated by the radioactive fallout afterwards. The aftermath of using nuclear weapons is radiation then.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

He could survive a nuke, just up to the people who are using him. Be a stupid move though

Chompamunchasaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Chompamunchasaurus »

Nuking him wouldn't look such a stupid thing to do. Unlike us, movie characters outside some Toho continuity aren't supposed to know everything about Godzilla. "He shoots radioactive flames, he's immune to nuclear bombs" may sound like "he throws punches, he's immune to being punched in the face".

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I think a nuke would make for a great scene. Say, Godzilla has just destroyed the enemy monster(s). The main characters are driving away from the area because they know it's gonna get nuked.The nuke is dropped over Godzilla and goes off. The nuclear shock wave is just about to kill the main characters when it is pulled backwards. Godzilla literally absorbs the nuclear explosion, saving the main characters in the process. Close up of Godzilla's eye glowing a whitish blue then fade to black. That would be epic!
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Crocodile
Gotengo Officer

Post by Crocodile »

So shockwaves can be reversed now?
Huh news to me.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Crocodile wrote:So shockwaves can be reversed now?
Huh news to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr26p3hIgm4 :?

You're really gonna bring logic into a film series like this?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Crocodile
Gotengo Officer

Post by Crocodile »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Crocodile wrote:So shockwaves can be reversed now?
Huh news to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr26p3hIgm4 :?

You're really gonna bring logic into a film series like this?
Yes I am, if this movie is gonna succeed it needs to find acceptance with the general populace
A populace who have already rejected Godzilla on multiple occasions

This movie doesn't have the fun loving Henshin Hero audience to hold it up this time, it needs to make sense.

Having Godzilla halt and reverse a shockwave not even caused by radiation, isn't gonna help anything. It's the kind of fanwankery I was talking about earlier. Also light on logic doesn't mean, rofl let's just do whatever no one will care.

The Showa era hero image is likely what they're trying to get away from, much the same way Burton had to get away from Adam West.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies

Chompamunchasaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Chompamunchasaurus »

Godzilla is nuked near the half of the movie, the blast thrashes him so badly he's thought dead, and as a plot device a mountain crumbles from the explosion and buries him. But radiation and pieces of G-flesh flying everywhere cause some mutation to happen. A vulture eats more then plain roddan flesh, or some spider grows to kumongous proportions. Or something new. Time lapse, new monster(s) smashing cities, big G wakes up from a regenerative coma and all hell breaks loose. Maybe a chunk of nuked Godzilla flesh flies to Africa, a lion eats it, gets crazy and radioactive, humps an ape and so King Ceasar is born.

zillabeast
Yojimbo

Post by zillabeast »

I would not be surprised to see Gareth Edwards go there. He seems pretty ballsy as a storyteller. Sensitivities be dammed.

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

As tired as I am of every action climax involving a nuke, it seems appropriate. Hopefully the nuke will have a break until 2014.

Carthormerr
Interpol Agent

Post by Carthormerr »

The government would be willing to do a lot of things if they felt the risk was high enough. It's a desperation solution, but not that far fetched.

Also, Return of Godzilla refers to him as a living nuclear weapon. So what do you get when a nuclear weapon hits a living nuclear weapon? Not exactly sure. Maybe like attempting to turn on a light bulb with a stick of dynamite. I could see it maybe killing him, or just gravely injuring him. If it doesn't instantly vaporize him, then I don't see it killing him because of all the radiation he would have access to
"A monster can live forever"

Chaotic-Strike
Yojimbo

Post by Chaotic-Strike »

TokyoVigilante wrote:
FlamingZilla23 wrote:Im sorry but wouldn't nuking him make him even more stronger?
Nonono.

It's a weird misconception that people have about Atomic Weapons. Having Godzilla be at ground zero is about the same as shooting him through the sun. The heat is ridiculous, so much light is produced, it catches things on fire (and don't get that confused with the heat, which is also insane, the PURE AMOUNT OF LIGHT also catches shit on fire. Imagine a light bulb so bright, it caused things to burst into flames. I cannot stress enough how insane that is); so you drop a load of the skreeonk sun on Godzilla, then you hit him with a shock wave that can be picked up on seismic recording devices world wide. Godzilla has basically been vaporized. That is what would happen.

^
All of that is not what mutated Godzilla. Godzilla was mutated by the radioactive fallout afterwards. The aftermath of using nuclear weapons is radiation then.
Sorry but in the first movie, it flat out states that he was "bathed in the fires of the H-bomb and survived." In fact, that was the reason Yamane was convinced that they couldn't kill Godzilla.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0loIL9tuc&t=0m49s

Yes, it doesn't make a lick of sense but it one of those suspensions of disbeliefs that are in countless other mediums such as Bruce Banner becoming the Hulk from Gamma Rays. In reality, all Gamma rays would do is give you radiation poisoning.

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Self-Defense Force

Post by demoylition »

Do you guys think the movie should incorporate real military vehicles or have some from the godzilla series

For example, the governement reveals prototype maser tanks to combat godzilla
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Re: Self-Defense Force

Post by demoylition »

Maybe put in the ASTOL or MBAW to combat the monsters
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

zillabeast
Yojimbo

Post by zillabeast »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:I would love to see some maser tanks show up.

And in good fashion, get promptly wasted.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I would love to see some masers show up, but also balance them with real military tanks, aircrafts, and even battleships in a desperate and futile, but ballsy assault on Godzilla. Which Godzilla eats it all up, wipes out nearly the entire fleet, goes on a several agonizing hours long rampage, and then returns to sea with mankind rethinking their tactics in the next scene. Just don't have any super x shit, or any MechaGodzillas until the sequels.

#BotM