Comedy scenes

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gzilla46
Futurian

Re: Comedy scenes

Post by gzilla46 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:I will say that if they have to have some form of comedy, this would be kind of funny.

They show the HALO jumpers jump out of the plane after the general or whatever makes his speech and as soon as they jump out of the plane, he goes, "Good luck! Yeah, they're screwed!"
This isn't Transformers. This is not an Avengers-type film. It will have little-to-no comedy in it.
Tell that to everyone else that also replied to this and came up with suggestions.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

I wasn't giving a suggestion, just saying.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

That is sig material, right there.

SonofX51
Yojimbo

Post by SonofX51 »

I would be very happy to see a "At least he can't fly..." type comment from one of the characters :)
"I now walk in the shadows between worlds...and it is there I have finally glimpsed upon what lives in the dark corners of the earth..." -Call of Cthulhu DCOTE.

XBL: HaioFighter92 Steam: HaloFighter92 3DS/Wii code: PM me

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ And he does, because he's bloody fucking Godzilla.

#BotM

stripegremlin
Ronin

Post by stripegremlin »

Tyler wrote:
JVM wrote:Tyler needs to direct the sequel.
I'd make a movie only MM would be proud of just to piss the rest of the fandom off.

I would be proud of it. Also we need a Emote of Godzilla's balls.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

SonofX51 wrote:I would be very happy to see a "At least he can't fly..." type comment from one of the characters :)
If that was in the right scene I would lAugh my ass off! XD

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Me personally, I would want all the funny scenes to happen BEFORE Godzilla actually shows up. Have the family interacting, and even cracking jokes, like a real family would. Because, my family, when nothing serious is going on, we joke around a lot. So, any form of comedy should happen before Godzilla actually shows up.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Where's the spoiler tag?
Yooo 8-)

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

No problem. :D

On topic, a comedy scene I see happening is similar to the one in GMK where the surviving girl from the Bonin Islands starts freaking out when Godzilla is coming to her building until he "luckily" passes by, but then swings his tail at the hospital, killing her.
Yooo 8-)

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

I think in one of the new interviews Gareth said there would be some laughs, I'll see if I can find the interview...

Found it!

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/34 ... r#/slide/1
Turek: The tone the trailer for your film gives off is pretty heavy…
Edwards: I think the fun, for me, is in the rollercoaster ride of being scared. I know there's a lot of opportunity for comedy in these movies and I wanted to take it seriously, but there are laughs. What's important to me is the difference between the people in that world laughing at the events versus the people in that world taking it very seriously and the audience laughing at the filmmaking. There are ways of doing little shots and audio gags that make you laugh, but the people experiencing that would not be laughing at that. It's fun in the kind of way that it's not goofy or silly. You just have the opportunity for doing something epic and I love the word epic when you talk about movies. That's what cinema is great at: Giving you goosebumps and I definitely want to do that with a Godzilla film.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars