Comedy scenes

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Re: Comedy scenes

Post by xenotactics »

jackzilla wrote:Maybe Aaron Taylor Johnson and Bryan Cranston's characters are driving near Godzilla but they don't know that because he is blocked by a very large skyscraper (this would work if they are right under it) and ATJ says "As long as that thing isn't around here, we're fine." They turn left only to see Godzilla standing right in front of them. He looks down at them looking pissed off, then Bryan Cranston says "Wrong way" Then they quickly turn around and Godzilla starts blasting his atomic breath at them.
This is horrible. Just horrible.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

This quote says all I need to know on this topic.

“He’s a very sincere guy” says Cranston. “There was no room for humour in my character – well, a little bit. But it has to be organic – if it takes you out of the moment you fail. "
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

xenotactics wrote:
jackzilla wrote:Maybe Aaron Taylor Johnson and Bryan Cranston's characters are driving near Godzilla but they don't know that because he is blocked by a very large skyscraper (this would work if they are right under it) and ATJ says "As long as that thing isn't around here, we're fine." They turn left only to see Godzilla standing right in front of them. He looks down at them looking pissed off, then Bryan Cranston says "Wrong way" Then they quickly turn around and Godzilla starts blasting his atomic breath at them.
This is horrible. Just horrible.
haha wow

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

That scene sounds strikingly similar to the "Wrong floor" joke from G98.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

^ that wasnt a bad joke either tbh, but it was during the climax of that film which is when i officially lost hope and stopped investing in the plot. to me one joke or pun that could fit in is during one of the other monsters attack, but people are scared of one monster but one person says something like "its not that big our weapons can bring it down" then Godzillas foot comes down "o skreonkk". maybe not that exact line but anything in general surrounding a scene with one of the smaller monsters attacking with a group of people who think its nto a big threat then out of nowhere Godzilla shows up and they realize theyre effed.
Kong better not touch my drumset!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

junkerde wrote:it can't be forced like man of steel
I didn't even notice any real jokes in that movie.

Either I missed them or they really weren't that memorable.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Grizilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Grizilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:This quote says all I need to know on this topic.

“He’s a very sincere guy” says Cranston. “There was no room for humour in my character – well, a little bit. But it has to be organic – if it takes you out of the moment you fail. "

Well I was coming in to quote this actually.

I don't care either way, but I'm going to let Brian's quote be the answer.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Grizilla wrote:

I agree. If they add some form of comedy, make it clever, like Marvel-style comedy. They always knew how to do comedy it seems, because I saw a lot of Marvel movies.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

gzilla46 wrote: I agree. If they add some form of comedy, make it clever, like Marvel-style comedy. They always knew how to do comedy it seems, because I saw a lot of Marvel movies.
Marvel-style comedy? Noooooo. That wouldn't fit with the movie at all. Especially with how it's been with the last couple films, too frequent. The only example of comedy scenes that I'd like to see that comes to mind are from dramas like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. They have them, they're funny, but they don't break the tone or tension and they don't appear too often.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:
gzilla46 wrote: I agree. If they add some form of comedy, make it clever, like Marvel-style comedy. They always knew how to do comedy it seems, because I saw a lot of Marvel movies.
Marvel-style comedy? Noooooo. That wouldn't fit with the movie at all. Especially with how it's been with the last couple films, too frequent. The only example of comedy scenes that I'd like to see that comes to mind are from dramas like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. They have them, they're funny, but they don't break the tone or tension and they don't appear too often.
OK fair point. I saw Thor the Dark World, so I know what you're talking about.
Shadow Arena Records:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'm still wondering how this silly thread is still not locked

Gareth already stated that "After this film is over, he expects people to be walking out crying"

I HIGHLY doubt there will be any comedic scenes, and if there will be, it'll be extremely small, so small that it doesn't warrant its own thread.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Comedy scenes are fine as long as they dont make Godzilla do comedic things in this movie.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Godzilla version of the pencil trick scene? "Watch me make this skyscraper disappear."
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzillian wrote:Comedy scenes are fine as long as they dont make Godzilla do comedic things in this movie.
Agreed. I wouldn't want to see Godzilla do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49EoV50oba0

Actually, that would be funny, but don't do it in THIS movie.
Shadow Arena Records:

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

gzilla46 wrote:
Grizilla wrote:

I agree. If they add some form of comedy, make it clever, like Marvel-style comedy. They always knew how to do comedy it seems, because I saw a lot of Marvel movies.
I hate to be so unkind, but you are grotesquely stupid. Please start putting all the energy you have into being smarter and/or more tasteful than you currently are or the consequences may be such as you'll never be able to overcome.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

xenotactics wrote: I hate to be so unkind, but you are grotesquely stupid.
Are you serious? I hate to be so unkind, but JERK! You just made me feel bad.
Shadow Arena Records:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Eh I see the character being funny in the same way as Walter White was

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzillian wrote:

Eh I see the character being funny in the same way as Walter White was
I didn't see Breaking Bad. But, I can take your word for it.
Shadow Arena Records:

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:Godzilla version of the pencil trick scene? "Watch me make this skyscraper disappear."
This made my day! :lol:
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:I'm going to expect maybe one or two outright "funny" scenes. And some scattered naturalistic remarks or such here and there. Nothing like Marvel-something on par with say...Some of Nolan's Bat movies might be a good idea of what to expect. Then again this doesn't have Alfred...
Best alfred is animated alfred "I said I drew you a bath sir"

Honestly though I do not want a lot of comedy. I expect nervous jokes and stuff from the military guys before heading in and some general meathead style ribbing but that will all dissapear the minute that the sh*t hits the fan.
The United Nations are represented by the little brightly-colored dolphin boat.