Ideas for a TRAILER

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JGAR
Futurian

Re: Ideas for a TRAILER

Post by JGAR »

aaron89978 wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote:Well I have an idea, featuring things that are so far (un)confirmed by the actual film. It might be a bit long, but its a trailer, not a teaser. This is my idea:

*Fade in, the WB logo, followed by LP logo (and probably Toho) out of dust, like from a destroyed city with low background music starting.*

-We see Washington DC from a sky view in the day, followed by a shot of the President walking up a stage in front of a public convention, while we hear the President making a speech in a voiceover, with the music now getting a bit louder and starting to get ''booms''.

The President: When you elected me, I promised you all:... (boom):

-Cuts to a sky view of LA, (boom) with big fires and underattacked, a huge tail comes out of nowhere and is about to whip a building before the camera cuts, (boom) followed by a huge foot coming down a street full of cars and running citizens, and a clip of the same building falling down. Then we see bubbles rising as we go deeper in the sea, then reptilian eyes opening underwater. (boom) We then cut to the President performing the speech.

The President: that I would defend this country at all times...

- Cuts to Las Vegas at nighttime in the same situation, a street view of soldiers running and tanks entering the city, (boom) followed by a shot of soldiers evacuating civillians, and a line of soldiers shooting bazookas. We then cut to 3 huge explosions (3 booms), followed by the same huge foot coming down an empty street, while the background music suddenly stops, we hear a deep growl, and the screen goes black.

The President: Godzilla....must be stopped!

-We then see a sequence similar to the SDCC footage: in the same clip of the foot, we see a tail whip over as we pan up, seeing the fins lighting down, the claws, the arm, and then the head rising to us, and Godzilla roars.

Tagline: *From the Studio that brought you MAN OF STEEL, PACIFIC RIM, and THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY* (boom)

-(music resumes louder, more booms) Cuts to a helicopter landing in a Military Base, then a shot of the Military Colonel (Bryan Cranston) waiting in the landing zone alongside a group of soldiers standing straight behind him (boom). The helicopter door opens, and we see the Main Soldier (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) walking out of it alongside other soldiers, and greeting the Colonel. As the other soldiers go away, he stays with the Colonel, who gives him a file.

The Soldier: what is this? More Terrorists?

The Military Colonel: the End of the World. (boom)

-Cuts to the Soldier looking up at the Colonel in disbelief (boom). We then cut to a meeting of scientists along a US Navy Officer inside a battleship. The Officer shows images of Godzilla underwater using a projector on the wall, as well as giving tubes to the Scientists labeled ‘’G-CELLS’’ (boom). The Scientists start to argue.

US Navy Officer: here are your samples. Study them.

Japanese Nuclear Phycisist (Akira Takarada): we're dealing with Nuclear Warfare. I can do this alone.

French Paleontologist (Juliette Binoche): Nuclear Warfare? This is not what I do!

English Archeologist : That is a hoax, this is not the Jurassic Period, this is the 21's Century. (boom)

-Cuts to 3 Submarines firing missiles, followed by a shot of an explosion. A huge claw comes out of nowhere and stabs into one of the Subs (with clips of it inside the Sub, water getting in and everyone getting screwed), taking it down. (boom) We then cut to the Soldier walking away in a room from the Military Colonel.

The Military Colonel: you sure about this, son??

-Cuts to the Soldier looking back, showing a face like he’s not ready. We then cut to a Female reporter (Elizabeth Olsen) with 2 Caucasian boys, who are atop a wrecked building in a destroyed LA, looking at a distance.

Boy 1: Miss, my Mom and Dad told me Monsters weren’t real. (boom)

-Cuts to a centipede-like creature screeching, followed by a shot of it taking down small houses, and a clip of it crushing cars as it moves across the small town. (3 booms)

Boy 2: they told me that too, what happened???

The Reporter: its now become reality...

-Cuts to a slow motion shot of Godzilla and the creature jump, going at each other.

Tagline: * THIS SUMMER * (boom)

-(background music becomes epic, booms louder) Cuts to Godzilla throwing the Centipede against a coral (boom), we notice they are fighting in a beach in Hawaii. We then cut to a strange tube weapon, followed by a shot of a Japanese doctor with an eye-patch walking up to it. We then recognize the guy as Dr. Serizawa, and the weapon as the Oxygen Destroyer, followed by a shot of Dr. Serizawa talking the Reporter in his laboratory, as the background music slows down a bit.

Dr. Serizawa: the whole world will be there and watching

-(background music gets louder again) Cuts to tanks getting blown up, (boom) followed by a shot of the Soldier running away from the danger in the same scene, and a shot of the Reporter blocking the kids's eyes from it.

Tagline: *WITNESS*(boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla being shot by multiple of missiles from a squadron of F-22 Raptors that flew around him, followed by a shot of Godzilla stepping on a tank (boom) We then cut to a clip of Godzilla roaring at pure fire (tanks, buildings, etc on fire), and the Soldier running away with the 2 boys and the Reporter.

Tagline: *THE BIRTH*(boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla rising out of the water in a beach, with water falling off his body, revealing him in glory.

Tagline: *OF OUR END* (boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla going to punch the Centipede, but the camera stops at the moment of the punch (boom). We then cut to the Soldier holding hands with the Reporter, about to leave on a F-18 in a Battleship.

The Reporter: you don't have to do this, you could die! (boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla bringing down the Tower at LA International Airport, followed by a shot of cameramen looking up at Godzilla from a high floor at the Terminal, with Godzilla looking down at them, and a clip of an Airplane escaping, only to be blown as Godzilla crushes it with his mouth. The camera cuts to the Soldier.

The Soldier: Trust me, I will return alive

-(background music stops) Cuts to the Military Colonel and people in a Directive room in a battleship.

US Navy Marine: we are out of ammo and have nothing left Colonel. What now??

The Military Colonel: Drop a Nuke on him!

-Cuts to a B-52 dropping a nuke, followed by a shot of Godzilla, in Hawaii, looking up at the Nuke falling on him, and a clip of the nuke blowing up from a distance and taking up the screen.

Title: *GODZILLA*

-Cuts to Jets shooting at Godzilla with missiles. Then slow motion happens, Godzilla turns around, his spines light up, and at the direction of jets, shoots the Atomic Breath! We then cut to the jets falling down, and one of them comes by.

Tagline: * IN THEATERS MAY 16 *

-Cuts to credits, IMAX, 3D, etc
If they could actually film a 45-second-long sequence of President Obama giving the speech you mentioned.....that would add A TON of realism to this film. He appeared in an episode of Myth Busters, so I'm sure he could do this. I know he's a superhero fan (Spider-Man), but I've no idea if he's a G-fan. Anyway, this could hit close to home, so to speak, much the same way as they mentioned him in the Bayformers films.

As for showing Godzilla "in all his glory," I still think that even though people know what he looks like, his appearance should remain largely under wraps. Wanna see him I'm his entirety? See the film.
If they tease him it would be too similar to Tristar's Campaign and marketing. Also, everyone knows who Godzilla is. It may have worked for Cloverfield and Super 8 because no one didn't know who the Monster was, but Godzilla is a world icon, if you want to see how he looks like, look him up on Google Images.
Yooo 8-)

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:Well I have an idea, featuring things that are so far (un)confirmed by the actual film. It might be a bit long, but its a trailer, not a teaser. This is my idea:

*Fade in, the WB logo, followed by LP logo (and probably Toho) out of dust, like from a destroyed city with low background music starting.*

-We see Washington DC from a sky view in the day, followed by a shot of the President walking up a stage in front of a public convention, while we hear the President making a speech in a voiceover, with the music now getting a bit louder and starting to get ''booms''.

The President: When you elected me, I promised you all:... (boom):

-Cuts to a sky view of LA, (boom) with big fires and underattacked, a huge tail comes out of nowhere and is about to whip a building before the camera cuts, (boom) followed by a huge foot coming down a street full of cars and running citizens, and a clip of the same building falling down. Then we see bubbles rising as we go deeper in the sea, then reptilian eyes opening underwater. (boom) We then cut to the President performing the speech.

The President: that I would defend this country at all times...

- Cuts to Las Vegas at nighttime in the same situation, a street view of soldiers running and tanks entering the city, (boom) followed by a shot of soldiers evacuating civillians, and a line of soldiers shooting bazookas. We then cut to 3 huge explosions (3 booms), followed by the same huge foot coming down an empty street, while the background music suddenly stops, we hear a deep growl, and the screen goes black.

The President: Godzilla....must be stopped!

-We then see a sequence similar to the SDCC footage: in the same clip of the foot, we see a tail whip over as we pan up, seeing the fins lighting down, the claws, the arm, and then the head rising to us, and Godzilla roars.

Tagline: *From the Studio that brought you MAN OF STEEL, PACIFIC RIM, and THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY* (boom)

-(music resumes louder, more booms) Cuts to a helicopter landing in a Military Base, then a shot of the Military Colonel (Bryan Cranston) waiting in the landing zone alongside a group of soldiers standing straight behind him (boom). The helicopter door opens, and we see the Main Soldier (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) walking out of it alongside other soldiers, and greeting the Colonel. As the other soldiers go away, he stays with the Colonel, who gives him a file.

The Soldier: what is this? More Terrorists?

The Military Colonel: the End of the World. (boom)

-Cuts to the Soldier looking up at the Colonel in disbelief (boom). We then cut to a meeting of scientists along a US Navy Officer inside a battleship. The Officer shows images of Godzilla underwater using a projector on the wall, as well as giving tubes to the Scientists labeled ‘’G-CELLS’’ (boom). The Scientists start to argue.

US Navy Officer: here are your samples. Study them.

Japanese Nuclear Phycisist (Akira Takarada): we're dealing with Nuclear Warfare. I can do this alone.

French Paleontologist (Juliette Binoche): Nuclear Warfare? This is not what I do!

English Archeologist : That is a hoax, this is not the Jurassic Period, this is the 21's Century. (boom)

-Cuts to 3 Submarines firing missiles, followed by a shot of an explosion. A huge claw comes out of nowhere and stabs into one of the Subs (with clips of it inside the Sub, water getting in and everyone getting screwed), taking it down. (boom) We then cut to the Soldier walking away in a room from the Military Colonel.

The Military Colonel: you sure about this, son??

-Cuts to the Soldier looking back, showing a face like he’s not ready. We then cut to a Female reporter (Elizabeth Olsen) with 2 Caucasian boys, who are atop a wrecked building in a destroyed LA, looking at a distance.

Boy 1: Miss, my Mom and Dad told me Monsters weren’t real. (boom)

-Cuts to a centipede-like creature screeching, followed by a shot of it taking down small houses, and a clip of it crushing cars as it moves across the small town. (3 booms)

Boy 2: they told me that too, what happened???

The Reporter: its now become reality...

-Cuts to a slow motion shot of Godzilla and the creature jump, going at each other.

Tagline: * THIS SUMMER * (boom)

-(background music becomes epic, booms louder) Cuts to Godzilla throwing the Centipede against a coral (boom), we notice they are fighting in a beach in Hawaii. We then cut to a strange tube weapon, followed by a shot of a Japanese doctor with an eye-patch walking up to it. We then recognize the guy as Dr. Serizawa, and the weapon as the Oxygen Destroyer, followed by a shot of Dr. Serizawa talking the Reporter in his laboratory, as the background music slows down a bit.

Dr. Serizawa: the whole world will be there and watching

-(background music gets louder again) Cuts to tanks getting blown up, (boom) followed by a shot of the Soldier running away from the danger in the same scene, and a shot of the Reporter blocking the kids's eyes from it.

Tagline: *WITNESS*(boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla being shot by multiple of missiles from a squadron of F-22 Raptors that flew around him, followed by a shot of Godzilla stepping on a tank (boom) We then cut to a clip of Godzilla roaring at pure fire (tanks, buildings, etc on fire), and the Soldier running away with the 2 boys and the Reporter.

Tagline: *THE BIRTH*(boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla rising out of the water in a beach, with water falling off his body, revealing him in glory.

Tagline: *OF OUR END* (boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla going to punch the Centipede, but the camera stops at the moment of the punch (boom). We then cut to the Soldier holding hands with the Reporter, about to leave on a F-18 in a Battleship.

The Reporter: you don't have to do this, you could die! (boom)

-Cuts to Godzilla bringing down the Tower at LA International Airport, followed by a shot of cameramen looking up at Godzilla from a high floor at the Terminal, with Godzilla looking down at them, and a clip of an Airplane escaping, only to be blown as Godzilla crushes it with his mouth. The camera cuts to the Soldier.

The Soldier: Trust me, I will return alive

-(background music stops) Cuts to the Military Colonel and people in a Directive room in a battleship.

US Navy Marine: we are out of ammo and have nothing left Colonel. What now??

The Military Colonel: Drop a Nuke on him!

-Cuts to a B-52 dropping a nuke, followed by a shot of Godzilla, in Hawaii, looking up at the Nuke falling on him, and a clip of the nuke blowing up from a distance and taking up the screen.

Title: *GODZILLA*

-Cuts to Jets shooting at Godzilla with missiles. Then slow motion happens, Godzilla turns around, his spines light up, and at the direction of jets, shoots the Atomic Breath! We then cut to the jets falling down, and one of them comes by.

Tagline: * IN THEATERS MAY 16 *

-Cuts to credits, IMAX, 3D, etc
My name is Shadow and I approve this to be the official trailer.
Amazing is a word that doesn't do it justice.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

^^ Thanks Shadow :D
Yooo 8-)

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

I didnt wanna quote the whole thing but i read all of it, it got a bit cheesy at times, like the part where you put the person says "what is this? Person: the end of the world." just my opinion though but good description

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

The proof of concept footage sounds really bad ass.

The father of the nuclear bomb narrating over Godzilla walking away from a victory.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

I guess I should do my own, eh?

The camera shows a destroyed city, full of ashes and cars on fire. Homeless children, men, and women...A crash-landed aircraft is in focus.(fade)

We then see men in the military preparing themselves for combat...(another fade)

"Are you ready?" (David's character asks Aaron's)

Aaron swallows his fear and answers "Yes". He's holding a strange capsule almost half his height.

A huge reptilian claw rips a building through shreds.

Toho Co.

A Japanese scientist points to a theory explaining his theory on Godzilla's birth

Legendary Pictures

So far we're 25 seconds into the trailer.

We're back to Aaron's character this time in full uniform, it seems that this scene took place before the last time we saw him. He's holding a gun and is next to a military unit. He's sitting down in the interior of a flying aircraft raising his head up to look at his fellow companions.

"Are you guys ready?" he asks.

There was no answer, as it's obvious they have fear in their eyes.

A huge roar was heard, and they all shake up. There was many flashes and the music gets intense, "Mayday, mayday! We're about to crash! I repeat, we're about to crash!"

Godzilla's full body is shown and revealed, the camera zooms on his reptilian eye until there's nothing left to zoom into.

"Launch the nuke!" Bryan Cranston's character orders.

Godzilla looks up, the nuke falls, and the explosion reveals a mushroom cloud.

We hear one last roar and his Atomic Breath ripping through several buildings...

Godzilla

In theatres May 16 in Imax and 3D.
This is a minor teaser before Pacific Rim, totalling in about a minute.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Minilla:what i was suppoed to do? Let them getting eaten by a giant spider?

Godzilla:Maybe.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

"In man's rush to play God, who knew we'd end up creating one." or maybe angering or awakening instead of creating. I'd love to see some kind of tagline upon those lines in a trailer.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Brody wrote: Main character: I won't let you get away this time, you overgrown lizard!
Kinda cheesy.

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Alright, cause everyone else is doing this:
Yours is one of the better ones imo.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Reviving this old thread but for Godzilla vs. Kong. Should be fun in the meantime as we wait for the eventual release of the trailer.

https://youtu.be/jC1ngKr6QA8

This trailer for Alien vs. Predator may be pretty dated but not only does it capture your attention and sends home the VS. message, it surprisingly fits with what we’ve heard from this film (Monarch exploring the Hollow Earth).

They could show cave paintings oh King Kong fighting Godzilla, and the final shot could be that leaked CCXP clip, could be pretty exciting to end with that.
Yooo 8-)

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

My (probably) crappy GvK trailer idea

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The trailer opens with the Monarch logo fading in while sounds of destruction and chaos play in the background. The logo splits in half horizontally and letters come out, forming the word "Monsterverse". The studio logos come in afterwards.

The trailer cuts to a building collapsing. After a blue flash, another building falls too.

"IN NOVEMBER"

Alexander Skarsgard's character crawls out of a downed helicopter. A zoomed out shot shows him turning to look at the wreckage, which has a giant bite mark on the tail.

"WITNESS"

The ground in a public area bursts upwards as the scaly back of a skullcrawler emerges. Another shot shows Madison Russell and Julian Dennison's characters in a crowd running away.

"THE BATTLE"

We see a shootout at night between Monarch and Apex (what I think is Jonah Alan's group). A giant hairy foot crashes down on the jungle floor, right before another shot shows Kong running like a madman, presumably at Godzilla.

"OF"

A wounded Godzilla gets up before he opens his mouth and his entire body glows blue.

"THE"

An avian monster with a serpentine head flies above in a worm's-eye-view shot, followed by a shot of the Argo following it.

A giant bat skull sits in a swamp with a pack of Death Jackals living in it.

"CENTURY"

The music calms down. As the visual of Hong Kong covered in flames fades in, we hear a faceless voice say "Extinction awaits..."

We see Godzilla swimming to the pier/aircraft carrier. Kong appears from the darkness and swings his fist at Godzilla's face. Cue iconic shot. The title card and release date appear afterwards, ending the trailer.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

The trailer should be have the Robert Oppenhimer speech from the 2012 G14 trailer in the backround, as we see the ruins of Hong Kong from the distance. By the time we reach "Vishnu, takes on, his multi-armed form..and says" we should have the iconic shot of the two charging to each other for the first time. The title card shows itself when Robert finally says "Now i have become death. The destroyer of worlds".

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Dark screen with stompint noises.

Godzilla roars

Cuts to Kong roaring and then throwing a punch at Godzilla

Cuts before punch lands

"GODZILLA vs. KONG"

Thanksgiving 2020...

Then ends with Godzilla shooting his atomic breath

simple