Toho's "Godzilla Crew" Thoughts on the MV

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Toho's "Godzilla Crew" Thoughts on the MV

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Got in thinking about this for some reason. It's a well known fact that in 1998, suit actor Kenpachirô Satsuma walked out of a screening saying "It's not Godzilla, it doesn't have the spirit." I'm curious what his and other actors/staff involved in the Japanese films have to say about the MV. I know there's plenty of photos showing MV Godzilla's mo-cap actor messing around with the Japanese suit actors, so that is a huge plus. But has anything ever been said "officially?"

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Re: Toho's "Godzilla Crew" Thoughts on the MV

Post by Desghidorah »

I do know that Haruo Nakajima was given and used an invitation to 2014's premiere, and seemed quite pleased with the result; both watching the film and seeing other's reactions to the character he helped start.

SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Toho's "Godzilla Crew" Thoughts on the MV

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I need a source but I believe I remember hearing some of the producers (including Shogo Tomiyama?) cried at the end of G14 and said they were so happy to see their creation done justice.

Other then that and Namikawa being happy enough to watch it and pose with a 14 toy, idk.

RIP Evan.