Godzilla vs Kong - Imax or Dolby ?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mrs.BellamyBlake
Young Farmer

Godzilla vs Kong - Imax or Dolby ?

Post by Mrs.BellamyBlake »

I watched the film twice on HBO Max, but now want to watch it in AMC theatre sometime next week, hopefully when the people will be less. Those who have watched on big screen, can anyone tell me which is better for this film, Imax or Dolby ? I know this film was not shot in Imax camera, and has regular aspect ratio of 2.39:1 .. So is the bigger screen in Imax worth it or it is better to go with the better picture and sound of Dolby Theatre ? Please help me.. Thank you !

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong - Imax or Dolby ?

Post by Pkmatrix »

Personally, I always opt for Dolby over IMAX when that's an option. :)

Bluezilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla »

Since I try out all the fancy theaters in my area I tend to go with the brightest projectors. There are three big screens in Lexington. One medium IMAX an Rdx and a Dlx. Sound and screens are comparable but the RDX projectors are state of the art.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I watched once in IMAX 3d and once in Dolby 2d, the former royally trumps the latter in both sound and visual and 3d adds that extra depth to a great effect.