Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Base Ghidorah vs Mechagodzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Base Ghidorah vs Mechagodzilla

Post by Jaqua92 »

Hi Everyone,

Ready for the second battle of this project!? The first battle had amped Godzilla winning against Mechagodzilla. Nukezilla takes his place at the top of the S tier list for now, and Mechagodzilla goes red. Today, we pit Mechagodzilla against Base Ghidorah.

Base Ghidorah is unable to amplify himself in this scenario.

Vs

Mechagodzilla

Tier List Below

God Tier
Burning Godzilla

S Tier
Nukezilla
Mechagodzilla
Base Godzilla
Base Ghidorah
Amped Ghidorah
Kong with Axe
Muto Prime

A Tier
Base Kong
Female Muto
Male Muto
Rodan
Mothra
Warbat

B Tier
Sub Adult Kong
Adult Skullcrawler

C Tier
Young Skullcrawler
Hellhawk

System explanation is here, and in my sig.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Re: Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Base Ghidorah vs Mechagodzilla

Post by Jaqua92 »

Bumping this here
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Re: Monsterverse Battle Thread Series/Tier Ranking Project: Base Ghidorah vs Mechagodzilla

Post by Jaqua92 »

Anything guys?

System intro below.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

I’m gonna say base Ghidorah, since he was evenly matched with nuked Godzilla until Mothra showed up. Take into account his electric abilities he could probably incapacitate MG relatively easily if a flask on an electric panel can stun him. His melee, flight, and regeneration abilities (it still works without a boost, just slower) will help as well. As others have said, MG was designed to counter Godzilla. While he can put up a good fight against other S tiers, the strongest among them can probably overwhelm him.

jrock
GPN Volunteer

Post by jrock »

MechaGodzilla would absolutely wreck Ghidorah. The only two 1 on 1 match-ups MG would struggle with is Muto because of EMP and Burning G because of nuclear pulse.

MorgolKing
GPN Volunteer

Post by MorgolKing »

Ghidorah. MG only seemed powerful because Godzilla had just gone through fighting Kong several times...Wingard basically said as much in the TK interview

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I think it is safe to say Burning Godzilla is hands down the most powerful being in the Monsterverse so far. He demolished a powered up Ghidorah with it and I don't see how Mechagodzilla is going to be any different. I don't even think MUTO Prime stands a chance against him either. As for freshly nuked Godzilla vs MechaG that is certainly a tough one. Both are very capable fighters. Although given the punishment and energy Godzilla has given out prior to fighting MechaG makes his one sided beatdown of Godzilla less impressive. Still impressive in beating two kaiju at the same time obviously, but it would certainly be a different ball game if MechaG fought Godzilla that had the energy to blow through Hollow Earth. Base Ghidorah already is pretty powerful and Nukezilla had somewhat of an advantage in a fairly even fight. So based on those grounds I am going to lean towards Nukezilla beating MechaG if he is at full strength. Godzilla's beam also just might be able to win the beam lock if it was able to push Ghidorah back. It certainly won't be one-sided or anything. Mechagodzilla's plasma fists and drills can do some damage but given from what I have seen against Base Ghidorah I think Godzilla will prevail in the end.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Ramarak seemed much stronger than the male Muto and Warbat, maybe even Mothra or Rodan if we are scaling to size. He thrashed Kong and might have won without human intervention (or the desperate need to chomp on Brie Larson). But as far as Base Ghidorah vs MG, I'm pretty sure KG would come out on top. Even if MG managed to sever a body part or two he would just regenerate, and lightning wreaks havoc on electronics. Plus it seemed MG could only hover or get a speed boost from his thrusters, KG could simply take to the air and rain destruction upon him, or do the 'ol drop from space maneuver. KG also tanked many breaths from Godzilla without considerable damage, and MG beam was shown to be about equal strength, only overpowering a depleted Godzilla breath after a struggle. It seems pretty clear that so far KG is the strongest base form monster.
Last edited by Relair on Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Relair wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 pm Ramarak seemed much stronger than the male Muto and Warbat, maybe even Mothra or Rodan if we are scaling to size. He thrashed Kong and might have won without human intervention (or the desperate need to chomp on Brie Larson).
I don't think that Ramarak should be scaled up to GvK Kong. The GvK Skullcrawler is big enough to be considered a proportionately scaled-up version of Ramarak, and it was easily slaughtered by Mechagodzilla who was only at 40% of his full power. GvK Kong isn't just stronger in proportion to his size; he's even stronger.

Added in 39 minutes 38 seconds:
And regarding the OP, I say base Ghidorah. Wingard's comments seem to imply that MG is advantageous over Godzilla because he's specifically built to counter him, and that he may not be necessarily more powerful than Godzilla on a larger power scale. And the movie itself seems to imply this as well; while MG is fast and strong, he lacks considerably in durability (when compared to Godzilla). This is less of a problem when he's up against Godzilla, who has short arms (thus limited physical reach, which is one of Godzilla's officially stated weaknesses). MG's long arms and agility allows him to attack Godzilla before Godzilla gets a chance to retaliate.

But against an opponent who's not as slow or short-reached as Godzilla, he might not fare so well, and I think Ghidorah fits into the category. And seeing how MG took a considerable amount of time to knock down an already worn-down Godzilla, his attacks aren't going to be enough to get past Ghidorah's regeneration.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Vandarker wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:18 pm
I don't think that Ramarak should be scaled up to GvK Kong. The GvK Skullcrawler is big enough to be considered a proportionately scaled-up version of Ramarak, and it was easily slaughtered by Mechagodzilla who was only at 40% of his full power. GvK Kong isn't just stronger in proportion to his size; he's even stronger.

True, but that was some accelerated growth baby that had likely had zero experience or knowledge in anything, grown in the lab from harvested eggs by the looks of it, just to give MG organic target practice. I would imagine Ramarak would have been a much more formidable foe at that size.