Would you like to see Kong meet other Toho kaiju?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Would you like to see Kong meet other Toho kaiju?

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Something about
Spoiler:
Kong fighting Mechagodzilla
just felt so right.

I can't help but think that Kong not meeting Rodan, Mothra, or King Ghidorah might be a missed opportunity..

Do you want to see Kong meet other Toho kaiju? Which ones?
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Would you like to see Kong meet other Toho kaiju?

Post by Anguirus »

As others have said, Rodan, Rodan, Rodan. I remember hoping that Rodan would appear in Skull Island a few years ago.

KaijuDude810
Yojimbo

Post by KaijuDude810 »

I feel like Kong could really work well in the context of fighting kaiju that aren't extremely OP walking powerhouses among the likes of Biollante, Hedorah, or Destoroyah.

I think monsters like Gorosaurus (of course), Kumonga, Kamacuras, or even Maguma for a deep cut would be good. Ebirah would work especially, considering his film was originally conceptualized as one for Kong. More powerful kaiju like Manda, Titano, or Baragon could work too as a big bad/antagonist for Kong.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

The one spoiler I got for Godzilla vs Kong was that
Spoiler:
Kong kills Rodan which clearly didn't happen since Rodan was nowhere to be found.
I'm glad it didn't come to pass but I would like to see Kong stand with Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra in the future.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Given the how movie ended and if Kong gets a sequel. Potential Toho opponents he could face is Baragon and Megalon. Fit perfectly for hollow earth inhabitants.

The Zilla in Manila
Samurai

Post by The Zilla in Manila »

Oh yeah I would love that.

I also would like to see a future movie where another Ghidorah comes and fights Kong. Likely would be a mismatch not favoring Kong, but they can get Godzilla to help him and relive another awesome team up along with Mothra. Almost like their own DC Trinity.
Resized Image

"It's funny because I was sitting there with [President Barack] Obama and Leo's [DiCaprio] is talking about the environment and I'm talking about clothes. And everyone looks at me like that's not an important issue or something." - The Brain of Kanye

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

The Zilla in Manila wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:21 pm Oh yeah I would love that.

I also would like to see a future movie where another Ghidorah comes and fights Kong. Likely would be a mismatch not favoring Kong, but they can get Godzilla to help him and relive another awesome team up along with Mothra. Almost like their own DC Trinity.
Desghidorah has entered the chat. :P

The Zilla in Manila
Samurai

Post by The Zilla in Manila »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Lol Omg yes. Even better.
Resized Image

"It's funny because I was sitting there with [President Barack] Obama and Leo's [DiCaprio] is talking about the environment and I'm talking about clothes. And everyone looks at me like that's not an important issue or something." - The Brain of Kanye

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

MV Rodan may be my favorite MV titan.

He's an absolute spaz.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

BoswerLK
Ronin

Post by BoswerLK »

KaijuDude810 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:10 pm More powerful kaiju like Manda, Titano, or Baragon could work too as a big bad/antagonist for Kong.
wait what, when was manda ever remotely powerful. gotengo pretty much one shotted him while he was minding his own business back in atragon, he did nothing in DAM, and only put up a mildly decent fight against gotengo in FW
The Zilla in Manila wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:42 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Lol Omg yes. Even better.
that could potentially be an even worse matchup for kong than king ghidorah. monarch's files list him as being vulnerable to fire, and, well, desughidorah breathes fireballs

KaijuDude810
Yojimbo

Post by KaijuDude810 »

BoswerLK wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:43 pm wait what, when was manda ever remotely powerful. gotengo pretty much one shotted him while he was minding his own business back in atragon, he did nothing in DAM, and only put up a mildly decent fight against gotengo in FW
I'd say he's on a similar level to Baragon and Titanosaurus though. He was pretty formidable in Rulers of Earth and Cataclysm. Also, Final Wars is kind of a bad example because every kaiju in that film besides Godzilla and Minilla gets shredded like wet tissue paper.
Last edited by KaijuDude810 on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I'm cool with Kong fighting an updated mixed of Toho's Frankenstein and Willis O'Brian's Prometheus featuring Baragon, Gorosaurus and Varan.

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Kong needs to meet Rodan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KaijuMan80 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:33 pm Kong needs to meet Rodan.
Especially for a potential dynamic duo movie. Think Thor and Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok.

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:35 pm
Especially for a potential dynamic duo movie. Think Thor and Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok.
I would love this sooooo much :)

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

I know I’m some cases, Godzilla is referred as a dinosaur, but I’d like to see Kong return to his dinosaur adversaries in the form of Gorosaurus or Titanosaurus

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:36 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:35 pm
I would love this sooooo much :)
Lmao " Scene From Rodan: Ragnarok"

*Kong bursts out of his arena room roaring aggressively after disappearing from Earth*

Rodan: *Happy fire chicken noises*

Xilian Leader: :|

Rodan: He's a friend, from work!
Last edited by ernesth100 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

A modern take on Mechani-Kong would be pretty interesting. He's one of the more obscure Toho Kaiju, but given that we're getting a Kong-centric series a new iteration would be welcome.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Short answer yes

Long answer hell yes
He Jock it Made of Steel

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I don’t think anyone doesn’t want Kong to meet TOHO kaiju like Mothra and Rodan. Practically everyone wants it lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: