Discussion of the Titular Fights: Godzilla vs. Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Who Won?

Godzilla
94%
Kong
2%
Depends on the Environment
4%

Total votes: 146

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Discussion of the Titular Fights: Godzilla vs. Kong

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I kind of wish at some point Kong threw mud into Godzilla's eyes to blind him to get a sucker punch in.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Still team Kong but this is hilarious considering the film.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

CosmicComet
Ronin

Post by CosmicComet »

tbeasley wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:28 am 1962 - Kong won
2021 - Godzilla 'won'

Now they're even.
In 1962 Godzilla beat Kong twice. First he made him retreat with his atomic breath. Then he knocked him out with the kangaroo kick.

Kong only won after being revived by the randomly thunderstorm and given electric powers, even then they were trading knockdowns. They both wrestled and fell into the water where Kong's electric powers would have been amplified against Godzilla even more.

On top of that he absorbed electricity from power lines earlier in the movie. So no its Kong that 'won' (i.e. unclearly) in 1962 since he needed two electrical amps and a environmental switch all to get an offscreen win that Toho later said was a draw.

Current movie is self explanatory. Godzilla beat Kong twice.

So even if you break down their records across years, Godzilla has a major winning record against Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kong won or got a draw in 62 depending on who you ask at Toho. I have no problem saying Kong won.

Godzilla won now. I don't need to break down rounds or power ups for either result.

Godzilla got his W back and it was a good fight/movie, that's all that matters
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:22 pm Kong won or got a draw in 62 depending on who you ask at Toho. I have no problem saying Kong won.

Godzilla won now. I don't need to break down rounds or power ups for either result.

I do like how the round count IS the same in both movies, two rounds to G and one to K but the overall results are different
Last edited by Showzilla on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CosmicComet
Ronin

Post by CosmicComet »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:22 pm Kong won or got a draw in 62 depending on who you ask at Toho. I have no problem saying Kong won.

Ok,

I was simply debunking someone else's claim that they are 'even' now. They objectively aren't.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

CosmicComet wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:51 pm

Ok,

I was simply debunking someone else's claim that they are 'even' now. They objectively aren't.
I wasn't replying to you, I was replying in general.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

2021 - Godzilla 'won'

Now they're even.
What’s with the quotes? Kong was literally comatose and dying after the fight. Godzilla won
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm
2021 - Godzilla 'won'

Now they're even.
What’s with the quotes? Kong was literally comatose and dying after the fight. Godzilla won
to be fair, Kong was comatose in 1962 too until he got plot armored back into the fight.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pmWhat’s with the quotes? Kong was literally comatose and dying after the fight. Godzilla won
Well, as Wingard himself put it -
Godzilla won the fight, Kong won the movie.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I got $200 on Kong in the eventual rematch. Someone sig that. Lol.
Last edited by ernesth100 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

ernesth100 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:23 am I got $200 on Kong in the eventual rematch. Someone sig that. Lol.
it'll be ambiguous af, involve kong having to be brought back from the brink of death, have no clear winner and conflicting statements from Toho.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ok I'm done at this point but I just saw a tweet where it looks like Dman is trying to debate with O'shea Jackson Jr on twitter becasue Kong lost. He's saying Godzilla almost killing Kong twice doesn't mean anything because Godzilla was almost killed in his two previous films.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:56 pm Ok I'm done at this point but I just saw a tweet where it looks like Dman is trying to debate with O'shea Jackson Jr on twitter becasue Kong lost. He's saying Godzilla almost killing Kong twice doesn't mean anything because Godzilla was almost killed in his two previous films.
link

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Showzilla wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:56 pm Ok I'm done at this point but I just saw a tweet where it looks like Dman is trying to debate with O'shea Jackson Jr on twitter becasue Kong lost. He's saying Godzilla almost killing Kong twice doesn't mean anything because Godzilla was almost killed in his two previous films.
link
https://mobile.twitter.com/DMan1954Goji ... 7530685443

“Kong didn’t lose because Godzilla needed help in the other films”

People look up to this guy lmao
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Ugh, no wonder we don't get as many new users as we used to. Thanks to shitheads like that. People thing the G fandom is a toxic cesspool.

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

ernesth100 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:28 am Ugh, no wonder we don't get as many new users as we used to. Thanks to shitheads like that. People thing the G fandom is a toxic cesspool.
Yeah Dman is a deadset fucking wanker who represents the shit side of the fandom.

It crazy on FB the amount of reaching by the over the top Kong fans. The whole “the director made Kong weak” argument is ridiculous, this Kong would curbstomp any Kong that came before... but he’s fighting Godzilla! You can’t argue a win for Kong when Godzilla literally stomped Kongs heart until he fucking died haha.
Last edited by KaijuKingGojira on Sat May 01, 2021 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Godzilla kinda did kill Kong, I mean if it wasn’t for the H.E.A.V Kong would’ve died, the win goes to Godzilla

Added in 9 minutes 55 seconds:
I used to like dman for up coming kaiju contents until I found out that he was a prick

Added in 22 minutes 17 seconds:
That doesn’t make sense, Godzilla needed help in 2014 because there were two monsters against him, so when Godzilla took out the mutos easily on 1v1
but was struggling on 1v2 and that was when he wasn’t power up
In 2019 Godzilla was against King Ghidorah a higher being from the stars, there’s no doubt that Godzilla was struggling in Antarctica, King Ghidorah easily dispatched him and a went off in the black night, Godzilla did get the upper hand in Mexico because he was in water and if it wasn’t for the oxygen destroyer he would’ve killed off King Ghidorah, so the Monarch revived Godzilla into a power up state, even then Godzilla was still some what struggling fighting King Ghidorah, so when King Ghidorah got powdered up he again easily dispatch Godzilla and Mothra and almost kill Godzilla if he wasn’t distracted. Godzilla needed help from King Ghidorah twice and how many times he need help for fighting off Kong, none, Godzilla easily destroyed Kong in the 3rd fight
And you’re telling me Kong didn’t lose because Godzilla needed help fighting off kaijus that had an upper hand on him
give me a break

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Being mad that Kong lost to Godzilla and saying Kong looked weak would be like saying your Heavyweight Boxer sucks becasue he couldn't beat Prime Tyson or Ali. Kong fought the number 1 character in his verse and held his own.

Better yet, Thor is weak becasue he he couldn't stop the Snap even though Stormbreaker overpowered the 6 stones.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:53 pm Being mad that Kong lost to Godzilla and saying Kong looked weak would be like saying your Heavyweight Boxer sucks becasue he couldn't beat Prime Tyson or Ali. Kong fought the number 1 character in his verse and held his own.

Better yet, Thor is weak becasue he he couldn't stop the Snap even though Stormbreaker overpowered the 6 stones.
This sums up my feelings atm. On the first couple of watches. It seems like a slaughter in G's favor. But you really realize Wingards tryna sell that Kong doesn't want to fight. He was forced into the situation. Hell I'm 99% sure he would've just chilled in the HE had Godzilla not metaphorically kicked his door down