The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by LegendZilla »

I think there’s a possibility that Godzilla 3 will be called Godzilla : Save The Earth. Don’t act like titles have been recycled in this franchise before.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Some of you who say "anime is just filler" seem to have forgotten some of the best literary works we've gotten tend to stem from anime.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Pkmatrix wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:41 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:02 amIf they went the Gamera route it would be the only one worth mentioning why didn't he show up.
Gamera seems pretty easy, actually: go the Heisei route and explain him as a creation of the super-ancient humans, who has been asleep all this time until whatever monster you want to introduce makes him wake up. That'd set up for having him encounter Kong and Godzilla later, who are both like "Who the HECK is THIS?"
this is the one way I could see it working
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

When phase 2 starts everything will feel a lot more solid. Phase 1 never really feels as connected because everything is getting figured out.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

Awesome at it'd be to see Gamera in the Monsterverse I think it really depends on whatever both Godzilla and Gamera's respective companies will be ok with it. Not that there's any animosity between them or anything but still I'm not sure if Gamera's parent company will be on board with it even if technically it can help Gamera's popularity soar further as a result.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm When phase 2 starts everything will feel a lot more solid. Phase 1 never really feels as connected because everything is getting figured out.
Yeah, G14 was never meant to start a kaiju cinematic universe, so it was really scattered. But they’ve found the footing for the MV and have ideas/plan/outline for the future films
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:51 am I think there’s a possibility that Godzilla 3 will be called Godzilla : Save The Earth. Don’t act like titles have been recycled in this franchise before.
I swear to God if they named a movie that I'd jump off a 5 ft bridge without a bungee cord.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

Even if the Monsterverse wasn't planned to be a Monsterverse to begin with it's not like GvK didn't eventually had the universe find it's footing that people like and that future Monsterverse content/movies won't eventually make the whole universe a lot more connected which let's face it at this point with how GvK's killing it at the box office we're gonna get more Monsterverse movies and media. It's only a matter of time before it gets announced. Legendary,WB, and Toho would have to be out of their minds not to continue the Monsterverse.
Last edited by kaijuguy19 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

How can you follow up a GvK movie?

Kong would need to costar in it.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:51 am I think there’s a possibility that Godzilla 3 will be called Godzilla : Save The Earth. Don’t act like titles have been recycled in this franchise before.
There's a decent possibility, sure. Possibilities, based on previously used titles:
  • Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters
  • Godzilla: Horror of the Deep
  • Son of Godzilla (I personally like "Godzilla: Heir to the Throne" as an alternative to this)
  • Godzilla: All Monsters Attack
  • Godzilla's Revenge (Cool title, but why the heck is he seeking revenge??)
  • Godzilla: Save the Earth
I think Godzilla: Bio Wars is also a contender, if they intend to do Biollante.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm How can you follow up a GvK movie?

I highly doubt that's at all necessary, or really even what audiences want. They want more monsters smashing stuff and fighting, not necessarily the Godzilla/Kong combo specifically.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Pkmatrix wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:47 pm
:shock:

Oh now you're talking my language.

I love it.

Imagine that in the theaters? Hey Goji89 where you going

I'm going to the theater to watch

Godzilla: Bio Wars.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

I love it.

I actually really like the sound of it! :D

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Pkmatrix wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:53 pm
goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

I love it.

I actually really like the sound of it! :D
I love it and thank you for saying it :huge:

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I would love for an American re-imagining of Godzilla vs Biollante; keep the themes and draw heavily on the basis of the film. Easily my favorite of the Vs series and interchangeable in my top three favorite Godzilla films.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla: Destroyer of Worlds

The Space Titan Gigan arrives on Earth having heard Ghidorah's call and is challenged by Godzilla. At the same time Dr. Shiragami a growing ex monarch scientists combines his Daughter's DNA with a Rose from Skull Island and Godzilla's DNA found on a muto Corpse.

Biollante is born and shockingly becomes a companion to Godzilla and even aids him in driving Gigan from the Earth. Biollante however begins terraforming the Earth and created new plant life in her image.

Knowing Biollante's new world will not only be the end of humanity but the majority of Titans due to the radiation being drained, Godzilla as King has choice. Does he destroy the closest thing he has to family left in the world or does he protect the world and stop Biollante?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Godzilla: Destroyer of Worlds

The Space Titan Gigan arrives on Earth having heard Ghidorah's call and is challenged by Godzilla. At the same time Dr. Shiragami a growing ex monarch scientists combines his Daughter's DNA with a Rose from Skull Island and Godzilla's DNA found on a muto Corpse.

Biollante is born and shockingly becomes a companion to Godzilla and even aids him in driving Gigan from the Earth. Biollante however begins terraforming the Earth and created new plant life in her image.

Knowing Biollante's new world will not only be the end of humanity but the majority of Titans due to the radiation being drained, Godzilla as King has choice. Does he destroy the closest thing he has to family left in the worldI or does he protect the world and stop Biollante?
Why you bastard....... :evil:

I would love this and actually believe this could me made. Having Biollante terraform the planet is great then having Godzilla fight it ...... damn it I want this movie :cry:

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

The monsters that make the most sense to do next, IMO:
  • Biollante - Continuing on the track of humans causing disaster by messing with forces they don't understand, the obvious next step would be Biollante and genetic engineering. It's a plot point they've already hinted at so you'd be picking up on an existing thread, which is a bonus. You can play homage to the original GvB by including a Middle East angle and maybe having the finale in Dubai, bringing Godzilla to a setting he's never visited before. If they really want to introduce Baby Godzilla, there' s a potential angle here by having Baby Godzilla and Biollante both be the results of the same experiments, which could allow you to let Godzilla have a character arc in the movie exploring his loneliness and wanting companionship drawing a parallel with Kong (who I expect they'll have pick up the plot thread about looking for other Kongs in his next movie) which could provide a unifying theme for this phase of movies. Just a thought!
  • Destroyer - On the one hand, like Ghidorah I imagine many people might think it's too soon to do Destroyer. But, ignoring that, she does make a lot of sense. She's already been set up with the Oxygen Destroyer having been used, so it's just picking up an existing thread. She can also present both a human level and monster level thread, much like the Skullcrawlers did in K:SI. She's got a cool name and a cool character design. My preference? Save her as the big bad for the second crossover, because Destroyer's ability to take on different forms and be more than one individual could make her a good world-class thread that brings Godzilla and Kong together again (and gives cannon fodder monsters! Imagine Godzilla and Kong leading an army of Titans into a brawl with an army of crab Destroyers)
  • Megalon - Yes, seriously. Not for Godzilla, but for Kong! Kong's likely going to be having an adventure in the Hollow Earth in his next movie, right? If they decide to introduce a Mu or Seatopia style Hollow Earth civilization, Megalon would make sense to include as their champion Titan and could make for a cool opponent for Kong ot duke it out with. They could, alternatively, go with a new original character instead but pretty much all of the new Titans they've had Kong fight have been derived from creatures that appeared in KK'33 and I think they're starting to run short on those. :lol:
There's also Gigan, who I think is awesome and would love to see, but I'm not sure if he necessarily makes the most sense to do next? It's harder to imagine building a story around him without either doing an alien invasion story or doing something like "built from the remains of one of the 2014 MUTOs".

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I really like the idea that King Ghidorah's call reached out into space drawing Gigan in. Good way to introduce him.

Plus he could start as supposed this original monster that Godzilla kills before APEX turns him into the cyborg we all know as a good way of surprising us.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:30 pm I really like the idea that King Ghidorah's call reached out into space drawing Gigan in. Good way to introduce him.

Plus he could start as supposed this original monster that Godzilla kills before APEX turns him into the cyborg we all know as a good way of surprising us.
I love the idea of Gigan being a natural kaiju turned cyborg so much. Feels very darth vader.

Also just throwing this out there.

Phase 2
-Kong: Hollow Earth(Kong explores his ancestors home and learns of his heritage. Culminating with him finding the last two of his kind dubbed Gaira and Sanda by Monarch.)

-Rodan: The Land Before Time(A film showing a younger Rodan and how he went from a wimp to one of the cockiest and toughest kaiju in the MV. Cameo from Methusalah and Titanosaurus)

-Godzilla 3: Apex Predator(The events of GvK have made Godzilla a public enemy. A film where Apex develops a second MechaG unit dubbed Kiryu. Untracable by Godzilla's inner radar. Cameo from Mothra and Ren.)

-Gamera v Godzilla(A light hearted Guardians of the Galaxy style film. About a universal protector who get stuck on Earth encountering the wrath of Godzilla in the process.)
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

ernesth100 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:54 pm I love the idea of Gigan being a natural kaiju turned cyborg so much. Feels very darth vader.

Also just throwing this out there.

Phase 2
-Kong: Hollow Earth(Kong explores his ancestors home and learns of his heritage. Culminating with him finding the last two of his kind dubbed Gaira and Sanda by Monarch.)

-Rodan: The Land Before Time(A film showing a younger Rodan and how he went from a wimp to one of the cockiest and toughest kaiju in the MV. Cameo from Methusalah and Titanosaurus)

-Godzilla 3: Apex Predator(The events of GvK have made Godzilla a public enemy. A film where Apex develops a second MechaG unit dubbed Kiryu. Untracable by Godzilla's inner radar. Cameo from Mothra and Ren.)

-Gamera v Godzilla(A light hearted Guardians of the Galaxy style film. About a universal protector who get stuck on Earth encountering the wrath of Godzilla in the process.)
Maaaan, i love this idea. The idea of the MV continuing past three more films, though highly unlikely, would be so cool. Absolute dream come true.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: