The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Zasraniec »

I find it funny that there is some hate between DC universe and Monsterverse because I love both. Also the Netflix partnership will probably continue for future releases. Really big ideas I am sure will still be released theatrically but other "minor" ideas like the Kong anime and I am guessing other spin off types will go to Netflix. So we may just get that Rodan spinoff. Or actually get to see the new titans from Kotm!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Zasraniec wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:19 pm I find it funny that there is some hate between DC universe and Monsterverse because I love both. Also the Netflix partnership will probably continue for future releases. Really big ideas I am sure will still be released theatrically but other "minor" ideas like the Kong anime and I am guessing other spin off types will go to Netflix. So we may just get that Rodan spinoff. Or actually get to see the new titans from Kotm!
I find it surprising I didn’t really expect this much hate between two Fanbase

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I don't think the hate towards each other is that big given that one of my friends loves both universes. If anything the majority of both sides are supporting each other at least from what I'm seeing. May be the case of just loud minorities from both sides doing the hating.

As for the news about the Gundam movie being only on Netflix's making me a bit worried about future Monsterverse releases if the Legendary and Netflix partnership is a thing now. Mostly on how future Monsterverse movies may be only on Netflix thus cutting out a LOT of people who aren't able to afford Netflix. I mean let's face it a big reason why GvK's getting the massive amounts of money is because of the HBO and Theatre release deal which allowed more people to have access to the movie legally. Something that would have never happened had GvK gone straight to Netflix. If future Monsterverse movies end up being a Netflix only thing that would only cause more damage then good.

That said if there must be Netflix exclusive Monsterverse content I'd rather have shows that expand on the universe outside of the films like what the Kong anime is doing and keep future Monsterverse films being HBO and Theatre duel releases like Godzilla vs Kong is right now.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

DC and Monsterverse should be allies, not snipe at each other. Banding together against the Disney Overlords should take precedent! (I love Marvel but damn, it seems like WB is just about the only thing Disney doesn't own at this point.)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I think I found a fitting title for a potential "Endgame" level movie with a "Destroy All Monsters" battle finale.

Godzilla and Kong: Titanomachy.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Relair wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm DC and Monsterverse should be allies, not snipe at each other. Banding together against the Disney Overlords should take precedent! (I love Marvel but damn, it seems like WB is just about the only thing Disney doesn't own at this point.)
I do agree, it awful to know that Disney almost own the entertainment industry, yes they can make good IPS, I like some shows on Disney plus but how they do business is disgusting
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:00 am I think I found a fitting title for a potential "Endgame" level movie with a "Destroy All Monsters" battle finale.

I request Elaboration what lead you to this titling?
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:21 am
Relair wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm DC and Monsterverse should be allies, not snipe at each other. Banding together against the Disney Overlords should take precedent! (I love Marvel but damn, it seems like WB is just about the only thing Disney doesn't own at this point.)
I do agree, it awful to know that Disney almost own the entertainment industry, yes they can make good IPS, I like some shows on Disney plus but how they do business is disgusting
Yeah, In reality WB and Legendary may be our only hope against the Disney overlords. And even then, it's not much longer before Disney decides to just buyout WB.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ernesth100 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:38 amI request Elaboration what lead you to this titling?
Credit goes to a friend on another site (Smashboards).

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

ernesth100 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:38 am
Yeah, In reality WB and Legendary may be our only hope against the Disney overlords. And even then, it's not much longer before Disney decides to just buyout WB.
Godzilla, Kong, and assorted kaiju under Disney is a nightmare i never want to see come to fruition lol
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:03 amGodzilla, Kong, and assorted kaiju under Disney is a nightmare i never want to see come to fruition lol
As if Toho and Japan would ever allow Godzilla being bought out by Disney. If it ever came to that, I would certainly see the former retracting their property from Warner Bros. and Legendary.

Now Kong on the other hand...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Disney will never buyout WB AT&T and similar companies like Apple and Amazon are much bigger than Disney.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 am Disney will never buyout WB AT&T and similar companies like Apple and Amazon are much bigger than Disney.
Microsoft I recall is also another company bigger then Disney yes?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:11 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 am Disney will never buyout WB AT&T and similar companies like Apple and Amazon are much bigger than Disney.
Microsoft I recall is also another company bigger then Disney yes?
I believe so fortunately

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ernesth100 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:38 am
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:00 am I think I found a fitting title for a potential "Endgame" level movie with a "Destroy All Monsters" battle finale.

I request Elaboration what lead you to this titling?
Titanomachy is the war where all the Titans fell in battle to Zeus and the Olympians.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 amI believe so fortunately
Amazon, Apple, Warner Bros., AT&T, and Microsoft then should all band together to overthrow the overlord movie empire that is Disney!
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:15 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:13 amI believe so fortunately
Amazon, Apple, Warner Bros., AT&T, and Microsoft then should all band together to overthrow the overlord movie empire that is Disney!
Good news is they're all making great content now I'm especially excited for Amazon's Lord of the Rings series so I don't think Disney's going to be a monopoly anytime soon and certainly don't think their gonna try to buy anymore movie studios, Sony's a giant Japanese company and I think Japanese law prohibits foreign companies from buying them, AT&T owns WB, Viacom owns Paramount and Universal is owned by Comcast who nearly bought 20th Century Fox.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If i got a dollar every time i heard someone here rant on Disney (though for good reasons.. most of the time) i'd have enough money to buy out Disney and rule over the entertainment industry.

Aaaaanyway i like the idea of Orga showing up. He's one of the least likely to get the MonsterVerse makeover treatment but he could work really well.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:38 am If i got a dollar every time i heard someone here rant on Disney (though for good reasons.. most of the time) i'd have enough money to buy out Disney and rule over the entertainment industry.

Aaaaanyway i like the idea of Orga showing up. He's one of the least likely to get the MonsterVerse makeover treatment but he could work really well.
Yeah We haven’t talk about this guy yet I’m surprised since he kind of is popular in this community
By Jermobooka
Godzilla, Kong, and assorted kaiju under Disney is a nightmare i never want to see come to fruition lol
I don’t even want to imagine what they could do to both Godzilla and Kong
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I've been hearing that Disney's actually in a serious financial crisis right now so if that's true then it looks like Disney's never going to buy anything again let alone Godzilla. The fact that Disney has done a lot to make enemies and drive away it's fans isn't doing them favors either so I can't imagine any company wanting to make a deal with Disney anytime soon if ever.

That being said I wouldn't be shocked if Disney decides to end up making giant monster movies set in the MCU if GvK and the overall Monsterverse inspires them enough to do so. I mean Marvel has a history of giant monster characters so Disney wouldn't even need to buy Godzilla or any other monster since it already got some under it's belt through Marvel.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Disney is in a financial crisis?

Among the best news I've heard this year!
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.