The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Hokmuto »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:37 pm TBH Gamera showing up still is as likely as solving that one of the Millennium Prize Problems. It's not impossible, but it's sure as heck still not that likely no matter how much you say "never say never".

Still, i'd say he has a higher chance than Bagan at this point. :lol:
Well one of the Millennium Prize Problems was solved. The Poincare conjecture. So since one of them was 100% solved and you said Gamera coming to the MV is as likely as solving one of the Millennium Prize Problems, then therefore Gamera being in the MV is a certainty right? ;) lol

Added in 7 minutes 16 seconds:
daveblackeye15 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:15 pm
I mean I'd so rather see Gamera in the MV than Pacific Rim.
Absolutely. I really do not want Pacific Rim touching the MV. Like I think it's plausible, but as stated over and over again in this thread, it would just ruin the continuities of both big time. Gamera though is not only something I wished ever since I was like 5, but it won't mess the continuity
Last edited by Hokmuto on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The King

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cookson wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:37 pm Thing with Gamera is you’re gonna get another Toho demand... Godzilla can’t lose. It’ll end up being GvK again. Instead of having them fight have them be 100% friends like Mothra and Godzilla. Make Gamera this Godzilla’s Anguirus for example.

It’s definitely possible. After GvK and including Mechagodzilla in the film I think anything is possible now.
Gamera shouldn't be beating Godzilla anyway. I order to seperate it from GvK I would say do it similar to Raiden vs Superman in Mk vs Dc.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Here's to hoping we see some aliens soon. Would anyone else mind a Godzilla film where the Big G goes to space?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

ernesth100 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 am Here's to hoping we see some aliens soon. Would anyone else mind a Godzilla film where the Big G goes to space?
I mean, Godzilla fighting another Titan on Mars or on another planet is a cool visual, but the question is how even lol
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Hokmuto wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 pm
Absolutely. I really do not want Pacific Rim touching the MV. Like I think it's plausible, but as stated over and over again in this thread, it would just ruin the continuities of both big time.
While I don't want Pacific Rim in the Monsterverse, the Monsterverse has a done of terrific job of destroying their continuity by themselves.
Last edited by Moogabunga on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ernesth100 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 am Here's to hoping we see some aliens soon. Would anyone else mind a Godzilla film where the Big G goes to space?
That's where SpaceGodzilla could come into play, perhaps while in space and after eventually returning to earth, some of his Godzilla's cells drifted in the cosmos mutating from gamma rays, a black hole/white hole or whatever.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:00 am
That's where SpaceGodzilla could come into play, perhaps while in space and after eventually returning to earth, some of his Godzilla's cells drifted in the cosmos mutating from gamma rays, a black hole/white hole or whatever.
They already established he needs oxygen to survive so it would have to be a planet x type scenario.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21 am
They already established he needs oxygen to survive so it would have to be a planet x type scenario.
They could establish exposure to such massive amounts of radiation and Mothra's magic post Oxygen Destroyer made him evolve further. He could no longer need oxygen period and just not know yet because he's never been to space.

In Dominion it was suggested he has a lot of abilities he doesn't know about yet after Mothra's fusion.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moogabunga wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:11 am
Hokmuto wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 pm
Absolutely. I really do not want Pacific Rim touching the MV. Like I think it's plausible, but as stated over and over again in this thread, it would just ruin the continuities of both big time.
While I don't want Pacific Rim in the Monsterverse, the Monsterverse has a done of terrific job of destroying their continuity by themselves.
I believe you mean Pacific Rim. There's like 3 different continuities going on there.

Added in 2 minutes 27 seconds:
I think if they latched Godzilla to about 100 rockets, and a nice dosage of disbelief, they could get Godzilla on Mars or the Moon. Maybe to stop a budding planetary threat seen through space telescopes?

Question is, how does he get back down lol, maybe he gets absolutely lasered back down to Earth but that'd probably put him 6 feet under.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21 amThey already established he needs oxygen to survive so it would have to be a planet x type scenario.
Say Godzilla fights an extraterrestrial titan or Gigan or something, during his fight, some of his cells flows off of him drifting into space. Easy peasy.

Added in 5 minutes 17 seconds:

Pretty ideal design.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21 amThey already established he needs oxygen to survive so it would have to be a planet x type scenario.
Say Godzilla fights an extraterrestrial titan or Gigan or something, during his fight, some of his cells flows off of him drifting into space. Easy peasy.

Pretty ideal design.
I feel like there should be more added with more of a difference to make it look more than just “Godzilla, but crystal-spikier”, but it’s pretty good
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ernesth100 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:42 am
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:21 am
They could establish exposure to such massive amounts of radiation and Mothra's magic post Oxygen Destroyer made him evolve further. He could no longer need oxygen period and just not know yet because he's never been to space.

In Dominion it was suggested he has a lot of abilities he doesn't know about yet after Mothra's fusion.
Mothra enhanced abilities he already had to the point he didn't realize how much he had improved but the way they out emphasize on Ghidorah doesn't need oxygen to survive I don't believe then would turn around and make Godzilla like that.

If the turtle shows up I could see it working as maybe Legion with her flower lands on Mars or Biollante is somehow on Mars and terraforms it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:14 am
Cookson wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:37 pm Thing with Gamera is you’re gonna get another Toho demand... Godzilla can’t lose. It’ll end up being GvK again. Instead of having them fight have them be 100% friends like Mothra and Godzilla. Make Gamera this Godzilla’s Anguirus for example.

It’s definitely possible. After GvK and including Mechagodzilla in the film I think anything is possible now.
Gamera shouldn't be beating Godzilla anyway. I order to seperate it from GvK I would say do it similar to Raiden vs Superman in Mk vs Dc.
MV Gamera should dominate Godzilla the whole fight, ragdolling Goji like Mechagodzilla did. Then when Gamera moves to use the...Mana chest beam to finish off Godzilla, the G-Man pulls a cheat and blasts an atomic blast into Gamera through his opened stomach, thereby winning like that. Toho's kinda petty for that demand, though I'm glad it applied to GVK. I mean, how could we as a community ever show face again if Kong won. People would hear the name "Godzilla" and immediately think, "Lol he lost to the monkey". It'd persist for years to come, his loss against Kong.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Gamera kicking Godzilla's ass the entire time only for Godzilla to pull a hail mary outta his ass?

See kids, don't do drugs.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Since Methuselah and the magma turtle have living minerals integrated into them, a crystalline parasite called by Ghidorah's Alpha call could morph into SpaceG. Or what would be interesting would be new monsters spawned from Skull Island fauna that TITANIFY.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:15 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:14 am

MV Gamera should dominate Godzilla the whole fight, ragdolling Goji like Mechagodzilla did. Then when Gamera moves to use the...Mana chest beam to finish off Godzilla, the G-Man pulls a cheat and blasts an atomic blast into Gamera through his opened stomach, thereby winning like that. Toho's kinda petty for that demand, though I'm glad it applied to GVK. I mean, how could we as a community ever show face again if Kong won. People would hear the name "Godzilla" and immediately think, "Lol he lost to the monkey". It'd persist for years to come, his loss against Kong.
I'd much rather see Godzilla kick Gamera's ass the entire time, but give Gamera the briefest, tiniest shot where it looks like he may come back (for the lolz) only for Godzilla to decapitate him and incinerate his entire body

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

If the MV goes the Alien Invasion direction, I think the ideal way to introduce spacegoji would be an orga-like crystalline parasite race that tries to assimilate the DNA of the strongest entity on Earth (Godzilla) in order to speed up the invasion process.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I'm of the opinion that Godzilla and Gamera should be on equal grounds in terms of power. I like the idea of Godzilla having an even match and opponent that rivals him.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 pm
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm

[]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/3a/f1 ... b5871a.png[/]

Pretty ideal design.
I feel like there should be more added with more of a difference to make it look more than just “Godzilla, but crystal-spikier”, but it’s pretty good
Agreed, perhaps a more upright stature, shorter arms, exaggerate the shoulder crystals some, maybe add a weird frill to the neck like G2000/G2002. As is, tweak some of the colors and it'd be a pretty fantastic MV Super Godzilla, but I feel like MV SpaceGodzilla would look a bit more like its own monster as opposed to just crystal-coated Godzilla.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

Hell no to Godzilla going to space. Also Gamera shouldn’t be putting up a huge fight against Godzilla but if they were to share a movie, I don’t even want them to fight as it would be just another GvK. Nope, do something different, have them be straight up allies.