Potential second Ghidorah...?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Potential second Ghidorah...?

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm trying to remember but I believe Ghidorah was never called King Ghidorah in film and it was just Ghidorah the entire time. If so this might be the most intreasting theory in awhile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... urce=share
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuDude810
Yojimbo

Re: Potential second Ghidorah...?

Post by KaijuDude810 »

Huh, that is interesting. I think hints that Ghidorah itself exists as a species, which opens up many possibilities. You could have "King" Ghidorah, Death Ghidorah, or even Keiser.

"Will the real King Ghidorah please stand up?"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I can only imagine how big this adult King Ghidorah could be...

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

miguelnuva wrote:I'm trying to remember but I believe Ghidorah was never called King Ghidorah in film and it was just Ghidorah the entire time. If so this might be the most intreasting theory in awhile.
I assumed they were trying to serious the name by implying it. Like, he's Ghidorah and he's king of the monsters, so he's King Ghidorah.

Interesting theory though.

RIP Evan.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

miguelnuva wrote:I'm trying to remember but I believe Ghidorah was never called King Ghidorah in film and it was just Ghidorah the entire time. If so this might be the most intreasting theory in awhile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... urce=share

1:18:23

King Ghidorah mentioned by name.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Imagine.
Spoiler:
They build up to Mechagodzilla being the Big Bad of Godzilla vs. Kong only easily get overpowered and destroyed by the arrival of the adult King Ghidorah, the true big bad. :lol:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Also the name King Ghidorah shows up on the map at one point. And I'm glad the one lady Foster calls him King Ghidorah. No matter how serious the movie may or may not be trying to be, it's still about a dinosaur fighting a dragon. Call him by the full name, Ghidorah is still a nonsensical name to most movie goers regardless it it has King in front of it or not, heck Godzilla is a ridiculous name.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Living Corpse wrote:dinosaur
Well actually...If anything Godzilla is more of an amphibian with convergent evolution.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

None of that text implies he's a "younger, second Ghidorah" in any way shape or form. It's just a religious way of saying he came from the sky (outer space).
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I think Ghidorah's origins aren't really concrete, at least not to humans. Wasn't there a page that kinda hinted aliens dropped him off here?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I can only imagine how big this adult King Ghidorah could be...
Our Ghidorah is an adult, he was just the younger brother in this scenario. The older brother would simply be stronger(enough to be the villain of Destroy all monsters and battle sever titans plus Kong and Godzilla.)
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Eh, I'd rather they not try to make a second King Ghidorah. If they wanted to introduce Desghidorah or Keizer I could live with that but I'd prefer Ghidorah himself to be something of a "universal oddity." Something that's destructive to life itself intrinsically. And by his own choice.
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Eh, I'd rather they not try to make a second King Ghidorah. If they wanted to introduce Desghidorah or Keizer I could live with that but I'd prefer Ghidorah himself to be something of a "universal oddity." Something that's destructive to life itself intrinsically. And by his own choice.
Every other Titan is a super species in the MV. Ghidorah is either bio engineered or he had to come from somewhere.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
ShinGojira14 wrote:None of that text implies he's a "younger, second Ghidorah" in any way shape or form. It's just a religious way of saying he came from the sky (outer space).
A younger son looking for land of his own becasue he wouldn't inherit is more than enough to theorize that he is a second younger Ghidorah. Ghidorah acts like a younger lion in KOTM for example.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Every other Titan is a super species in the MV. Ghidorah is either bio engineered or he had to come from somewhere.

Never once is it stated in any way shape or form that he is "bio-engineered." And yes, he did come from somewhere- space. That's all we need to know. There doesn't need to be a larger King Ghidorah- King Ghidorah is King Ghidorah, and that's all we need. If Desghidorah and Keizer Ghidorah are ever brought in to the MonsterVerse, I would be all for it. Fan-skreeonking-tastic. They're similar to King Ghidorah, but still different enough that they're their own characters in their own right. But King Ghidorah is his own already established character, and we don't need another one of him beefed up running around in this cinematic universe.

Added in 2 minutes 31 seconds:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Eh, I'd rather they not try to make a second King Ghidorah. If they wanted to introduce Desghidorah or Keizer I could live with that but I'd prefer Ghidorah himself to be something of a "universal oddity." Something that's destructive to life itself intrinsically. And by his own choice.
This. 100% this.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ShinGojira14 wrote:

Never once is it stated in any way shape or form that he is "bio-engineered." And yes, he did come from somewhere- space. That's all we need to know. There doesn't need to be a larger King Ghidorah- King Ghidorah is King Ghidorah, and that's all we need. If Desghidorah and Keizer Ghidorah are ever brought in to the MonsterVerse, I would be all for it. Fan-skreeonking-tastic. They're similar to King Ghidorah, but still different enough that they're their own characters in their own right. But King Ghidorah is his own already established character, and we don't need another one of him beefed up running around in this cinematic universe.

[
I didn't say he was bio engineered I said Ghidorah either has parents or he was created. There can't be just one Ghidorah. It doesn't say a larger Ghidorah either it simply implies an older Ghidorah which could very well be Keizer or even Grand King.

Also you don't want another Ghidorah, if the plot required a second Ghidorah it could be done.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

miguelnuva wrote:
ShinGojira14 wrote:None of that text implies he's a "younger, second Ghidorah" in any way shape or form. It's just a religious way of saying he came from the sky (outer space).
A younger son looking for land of his own becasue he wouldn't inherit is more than enough to theorize that he is a second younger Ghidorah. Ghidorah acts like a younger lion in KOTM for example.
I think you're looking way too into this. The term "younger son looking for his own land" pretty much just means someone who's an asshole that wants to conquer, which is exactly what Ghidorah is. They're saying he's the "son" of a star, since he's from space.

Also where are you getting the lion comparison from?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
I think you're looking way too into this. The term "younger son looking for his own land" pretty much just means someone who's an asshole that wants to conquer, which is exactly what Ghidorah is. They're saying he's the "son" of a star, since he's from space.

Also where are you getting the lion comparison from?
Ghidorah took Godzilla's kingdom from him the same way a male lion had to take a pride when he is kicked out of his own.

As for younger son it is why I said potential in the title and called it a theory. My reply was to shingoji saying there was nothing in the text to imply Ghidorah was a younger son and I argue there is enough based on the quote.

Untill the monsterverse ends or directly contradicts the novel.the quote can be taken either way.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

miguelnuva wrote: Untill the monsterverse ends or directly contradicts the novel.the quote can be taken either way.
Keep in mind that novelizations are based on earlier versions of scripts most of the time and are, at best to be taken with a grain of salt in the end. It can be a nice supplement. And I'm pretty sure all the stories about Ghidorah are just that. Stories. Attempts to explain the unexplainable. It's obvious that in the movie Ghidorah's time on earth impacted many, many cultures and therefore they would have varying tales of him.
Resized Image

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:
miguelnuva wrote: Untill the monsterverse ends or directly contradicts the novel.the quote can be taken either way.
Keep in mind that novelizations are based on earlier versions of scripts most of the time and are, at best to be taken with a grain of salt in the end. It can be a nice supplement. And I'm pretty sure all the stories about Ghidorah are just that. Stories. Attempts to explain the unexplainable. It's obvious that in the movie Ghidorah's time on earth impacted many, many cultures and therefore they would have varying tales of him.
I agree. Novels are not worth digging up that much. And I feel like too many MV fans tend to analyze Monsterverse's mythical metaphors too seriously. I don't think they ever tried to build that much of deep, concrete mythical universe.
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I feel like introducing a second Ghidorah who is the "real" King Ghidorah would do some serious retroactive damage to KOTM, as well as to the buildup we got from Skull Island. KOTM was very much a tribute to the Godzilla Vs. Ghidorah rivalry both in-universe and out

This fantastic homage shot would lose a lot of impact by retroactively making this King Ghidorah not actually him, but a mere pretender. It would fall into the same pit traps the IDW comic series did and wouldn't really do much but merely rehash without any impact. We'd just have a suped up power creeped Ghidorah with no connection to Godzilla or the previous lore of the series I'd much rather we see other space kaiju arrive like Orga or Gigan

Now maybe down the line you could have like an Infinity War style event, where we have this big Alien Invasion/World Destroyer arrive and you could have it be Orochi. That way you could get a "new Ghidorah" that doesn't overstep on King Ghidorah and have a way to get a "teamup" with Godzilla and Ghidorah out of a new common need to survive. But that should only happen way down the line
Last edited by ROMG4 on Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu