Gareth Edwards' Godzilla II or Mike Dougherty's KOTM?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Gareth Edwards' Sequel Or Mike Dougherty's KOTM?

Gareth Edwards
53%
Mike Dougherty
47%

Total votes: 85

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Re: Gareth Edwards' Godzilla II or Mike Dougherty's KOTM?

Post by KingZillla »

Edwards. I loved his more grounded vision for the franchise.
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I truly think Gareth Edwards would’ve been forced to show more Godzilla, and the resulting film would’ve looked much better than KotM.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Good to know the MV directors are all cool with each other -

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

tbeasley wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:48 pm Image
This is gold.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

To be honest, I actually do prefer Dougherty's KOTM, and part of it is that I tend to prefer the more over the top Godzilla films and I already love Dougherty's previous filmography, so there's that. Contrary to what others think, I actually quite like the color saturation and filters in KOTM, and I think the particles (snow, rain, etc) actually added an atmospheric feel that to me, enhances the environment's liveliness when the kaiju are fighting. If anything, I would have hated if all of KOTM fight scenes took place in daylight like so many people claim, because to me rainy/snowy/gloomy atmospheres are my personal favourites. If there is one way to close this, it's that in actually, both Edwards and Dougherty did great in their own respective regards, plus there's no point over fighting each other regarding who the best director is when as shown in the photos above, all the Monsterverse directors are cool with each other and would probably make a great Destroy All Monsters movie if they all teamed up together.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Love the fact there all so cool and supportive of one another. Hopefully this trend continues with future Monsterverse directors.