What Titans do you want to see in Godzilla vs. Kong?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Titans do you want to see?

Titanus Abaddon
No votes
Titanus Amhuluk
No votes
Titanus Baphomet
7%
Titanus Behemoth
24%
Titanus Bunyip
3%
Titanus Kraken
No votes
Titanus Leviathan
No votes
Titanus Margygr
No votes
Titanus Methuselah
7%
Titanus Mokele-Mbembe
14%
Titanus MUTO
3%
Titanus Quetzalcoatl
No votes
Titanus Sekhmet
10%
Titanus Scylla
7%
Titanus Tiamat
No votes
Titanus Typhon
3%
Titanus Yamata-no-Orochi
3%
Other
17%

Total votes: 29

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

What Titans do you want to see in Godzilla vs. Kong?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Already we've seen Behemoth, Scylla and Methuselah and might see those again in this film (Especially Behemoth given his popularity).

Only question is I'm certain we'll be seeing more titans in this film and since that's the case. Which ones are you notably hoping to see?

Me personally I'm hoping Bunyip, Leviathan and Mokele-Mbembe.

Maybe we might even see never seen before Titans that weren't featured on the screen in the MonsterVerse which in that case. Some ideal particular Titan I'd like to see are the following.
Spoiler:
-Titanus Anubis (Egypt)
-Titanus Burrunjor (Australia)
-Titanus Chupacabra (Puerto Rico)
-Titanus Dingonek (Africa; Lake Victoria)
-Titanus Emela-Ntouka (Africa)
-Titanus Fenrir (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Jersey Devil (New Jersey; Pine Barrens)
-Titanus Jormungandr (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Kasai Rex (Africa)
-Titanus Lusca (Bahamas; Blue Hole/Bermuda Triangle)
-Titanus Mbielu-Mbielu-Mbielu (Africa)
-Titanus Ogopogo (Canada; Lake Okanagan)
-Titanus Phoenix (Greece)
-Titanus Piasa (Illinois)
-Titanus Roc (Middle East)
-Titanus Sasquatch (Canada)
-Titanus Sobek (Egypt)
-Titanus Surtr (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Tarasque (France)
-Titanus Thunderbird (Missouri)
-Titanus Wendigo (Canada)
-Titanus Yeti (Tibet; Himalayas)
-Titanus Ymir (Scandinavia)
-Titanus Yowie (Australia)
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What Titans do you want to see in Godzilla vs. Kong?

Post by BlankAccount »

If they arm the Argo with proper weapons or replace it with something more akin to the Super-X, I'd like to see Rodan return and fight that.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Behemoth for sure. We needz moar sloth mammoth.

Also seeing Quetzacoatl would be nice, as well as Orochi (which i wonder how Legendary plans to differentiate him from Ghidorah) and Sekhmet, because big cat kaiju would be awesome!

Also Fenrir, because Ralph has proven wolf kaiju are also awesome.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Just Mothra, maybe Godzilla?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

tyrantgoji wrote:Orochi (which i wonder how Legendary plans to differentiate him from Ghidorah)
I'd like to see something like this.
Spoiler:

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Anyone they named off in the last film is more than likely to appear in one form or another in this one.

Rodan is a must, Behemoth is a must, Scylla is a must, Numuto is a must, Methuselah is a must. You've gotta ask yourself, why'd they introduce these 5 specifically? When there were 17 and counting? and why did it say the Titans were headed for Skull Island at the end of KOTM?

We'll definitely see them again.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Why does everyone seem to have such a massive boner for the sloth?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:Why does everyone seem to have such a massive boner for the sloth?
Cause sloth's are cool critters. 8-)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Rodan. Because he's a classic toho kaiju and a Rodan-Kong fight is new and excites me. And the Muto too i guess. I have no attachment to the other monsters we saw for 10 seconds.

Kumonga and Kamacarus make sense for the Island and would be a nice call back to the Showa era.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Rodan. Because he's a classic toho kaiju and a Rodan-Kong fight is new and excites me. And the Muto too i guess. I have no attachment to the other monsters we saw for 10 seconds.

Kumonga and Kamacarus make sense for the Island and would be a nice call back to the Showa era.
What would be the point of buying two lesser monsters for millions of bucks when they could just make their own mantis and spider creations?

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Fish Cakes wrote:Why does everyone seem to have such a massive boner for the sloth?
Cause sloth's are cool critters. 8-)
They were created to be bullied. Horrid beasts.

Also, they had a chance to make an actual canon Slothra and didn't take it, so I resent Behemoth on principle.

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Rodan returning would be rad. He’s a ton of fun in KOTM, so I hope they don’t put him to waste.

Seeing more from the new Titans like Behemoth or the new MUTO would be cool too. I’m open to whatever, really.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Rodan. Because he's a classic toho kaiju and a Rodan-Kong fight is new and excites me. And the Muto too i guess. I have no attachment to the other monsters we saw for 10 seconds.

What would be the point of buying two lesser monsters for millions of bucks when they could just make their own mantis and spider creations?
What makes you think Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah are the only monsters they bought? I'd wager the Mechagodzilla in Ready Player One extends to the Monsterverse as well. They might own the rights to a hell of a lot more. Gigan and Kumonga did appear in concept art. We know only what they want us to know.
Last edited by Destoroyah of Worlds on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

What makes you think Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah are the only monsters they bought? I'd wager the Mechagodzilla in Ready Player One extends to the Monsterverse as well. They might own the rights to a hell of a lot more. Gigan and Kumonga did appear in concept art. We know only what they want us to know.
Yeah as placeholders. The models for every Toho monster came from another film. Besides Kumonga, cool as he is, isn't really the most interesting monster to introduce to new audiences.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla are literally the most famous kaiju in the series, not a pair of arthopods who only showed up in a handful of 60s films and as cameos in another.

Hasn't it been mentioned before that the concept art had NOTHING to do with monsters they did have and were all placeholders

Edit: Sniped by tyrant.

RIP Evan.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

I'd be happy to see Mothra again, even if only as a small cameo (a larvae or two in captivity at a Monarch facility).

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Godzilla. Kong. MG. Rodan. Mothra.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

More MUTOS and have Behemoth do something even if briefly.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

It isn't often we get mammalian kaiju.
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Rodan-Kong fight is new and excites me.
Then watch that Kong kills Rodan.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mechagodzilla would probably be the only new monster I'd want, and it would be begrudgingly at that. I want GVK to focus on the G and K, not some other monsters.