Composer for GvK?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505

What composer do you want for GvK?

Bear McCreary (KOTM, God of War)
56%
Michael Giacchino (Jurassic World, Far from Home)
10%
Ramin Djawadi (Pacific Rim, Game of Thrones)
18%
Hans Zimmer (any Christopher Nolan movie)
8%
Other
8%

Total votes: 39

Cryptid_Liker
Yin-Yang Master

Composer for GvK?

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:53 am

So, I was wondering what composer could score Godzilla vs. Kong. I would like for Bear to return, but if he can't, my next choice would be Ramin Djawadi.

NOTE: If there's already a thread with this topic, let me know.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Composer for GvK?

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:03 am

Now i loved Bear's work,but i'm gonna be realistic and say i don't think he's coming back for GvK. Michael was rumored but said it wasn't happening,yet it's not too late so it could potentially. But Ramin is the one i want,his score for Pacific Rim was just majestic! Imagine hearing that while Kong and Godzilla fight!

GmkGoji
Interpol Agent

Postby GmkGoji » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 am

Lets go Ramin.
Why yes. Yes it is.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 am

I'd give that German composer from Joker a shot tbh.
Sith Apprentice.

rob559
Yojimbo

Postby rob559 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:28 am

Michael Giacchino has said he is not doing it. Bear McCreary would be an obvious choice. Whoever does it must use Akira Ifukube themes, please. It would be nice to also use some Max Steiner 1933 Kong themes as well.

Venom
Ronin

Postby Venom » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:43 am

I hope it's Bear but if not, then Dave Jordan because he makes really good music for the MCU

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Postby GuardianGhido » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:12 pm

I don't think anyone's ever gonna top Bear McCreary for MV Soundtracks (right up there with the greats like Ifukube himself IMO, his Ghidorah and Rodan themes are just as iconic as their Showa themes, then there's Goodbye Old Friend) and he's definitely my top pick, but let's see what happens. Maybe I'll be surprised! I would love Ramin as well, since the PR score was pretty great (albeit not as iconic as KOTM).
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm kinda shocked no ones voted for Michael yet. He could actually boost the film in popularity considering how famous he is in the movie industry now.

Floroskull
Yojimbo

Postby Floroskull » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:50 am

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm kinda shocked no ones voted for Michael yet. He could actually boost the film in popularity considering how famous he is in the movie industry now.

I voted for him, I loved his Cloverfield score and think he could really add something unique yet familiar to the Monsterverse. I know he said he wasn't going to but I'd love for it to happen.

GoWhaleTours
Interpol Agent

Postby GoWhaleTours » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:26 pm

I vote Alexandre Desplat
anyway, yeah, macaroni.

Huan_of_Valinor
Interpol Agent

Postby Huan_of_Valinor » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:59 pm

rob559 wrote:Michael Giacchino has said he is not doing it. Bear McCreary would be an obvious choice. Whoever does it must use Akira Ifukube themes, please. It would be nice to also use some Max Steiner 1933 Kong themes as well.

Absolutely this
Godzilla21 wrote:I would love if someone came out with some batshit Reddit Q&A who claimed to see the screening.

"Yes then Rodan falls on Godzilla to sacrifice himself and Godzilla transforms into a new monster called BAGAN."

NSZ wrote:Everyone shut up and go outside. Take a walk around your block. Breathe. Get mugged by a bird. Clear your noggin.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Postby GuardianGhido » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:38 pm

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
rob559 wrote:Michael Giacchino has said he is not doing it. Bear McCreary would be an obvious choice. Whoever does it must use Akira Ifukube themes, please. It would be nice to also use some Max Steiner 1933 Kong themes as well.

Absolutely this

Seconded! Bear McCreary breathed new life into the Akira Ifukube scores, it would be wonderful to hear his rendition of the 1933 Kong themes! Or even anyone else if they can pull it off this well.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:19 am

Where did Michael say he wasn't doing Godzilla vs Kong's score?
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:22 am

DirektorSplennic wrote:Where did Michael say he wasn't doing Godzilla vs Kong's score?

His Twitter account sometime earlier this month. Rumor had it he was composing but he said no. But i think he followed up with that he would love to compose a future Godzilla film so there's that!

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:41 pm

Think we might get some kind of tease on November 3rd?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:59 am

I mean scoring has to be complete or damn near so. Yahoo is trying to say Giacchino but he has denied it himself.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I mean scoring has to be complete or damn near so. Yahoo is trying to say Giacchino but he has denied it himself.

Bunch of yahoos
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:46 pm

Maybe there just saving all the news for a short but very strong marketing campaign. I mean it isn't unheard of and could work in the films favor.

Anyway I am sure they already have had a composer and it's near completion.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Postby GuardianGhido » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:06 am

I'm still hoping for Bear McCreary. I'd love to hear the leitmotif he gives Kong!

keizerkaiju
Yin-Yang Master

Postby keizerkaiju » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:41 pm

It's getting weird, that there's not a composer announced yet. Of course, it's entirely possible that the music is already done, and they're just choosing to keep the name under wraps...but why would they? Not like it'd be some Earth-shattering news like...they got John Williams for GvK!
Maybe...Wingard composed the music himself. He's done it a few times in past movies, so it's possible (and it could be the reason there hasn't been an announcement).
Maybe he got someone from "Zombi". Or Atticus Ross. Both have worked w him before (and how badass would it be to have Atticus Ross and Trent Reznor composing for GvK?).
Maybe it's someone else. But the situation bugs me a great deal bc you'd think that announcing a composer for your movie is a great way to get the fans and the media to talk about it, without revealing anything about the movie itself.
If there's no delay and they're just waiting to drop the name along w the trailer, so be it. Strange decision, but what can you do.
Last edited by keizerkaiju on Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”