J.J. Abrams signed a MASSIVE partnership deal with Warner Brothers. Could we see Cloverfield in the Monster Verse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: J.J. Abrams signed a MASSIVE partnership deal with Warner Brothers. Could we see Cloverfield in the Monster Verse?

Post by _JNavs_ »

king_ghidorah wrote:So if Clovie wouldn’t be in the film then what would be the point in crossing over at all? Just a title?

So the benefits to this cross over would drop from nothing but for the hardcore fans to ....nothing.
What?

Who said he couldn't cameo in a future MV film?

Purely hypothetical, say JJ DID want Cloverfield in the MV, get Monarch involved, make sure that the world knows that this is a world inhabited by monsters now, it's no longer 2008, we've moved on. Now JJ could do one of 2 things, he could really surprise the entire monster fanbase by having a few (at least one) Clover-focused VS. film(s), finally fulfilling his dream of having a national monster with a plate of films similar to Tokyo's Godzilla, except with the MV brand tagged along. This could all go on at the same time as Kong's future in the MV, maybe a Kong 2 and 3 tops.

Why is there this underlying narrative that hardcore fans shouldn't be impressed and satisfied? It's they that normally know best of where a story should go next, because they've been breathing and eating only that content. So I wouldn't put it past a fan-focused studio like Legendary/WB to actually ya know, throw the hardcores a bone.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: J.J. Abrams signed a MASSIVE partnership deal with Warner Brothers. Could we see Cloverfield in the Monster Verse?

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote:there are actual Creatives out there who try to get projects off the ground due to an appreciation for the content, and not just how many bucks end up in their pockets.
You’re doing this just to piss me off now, aren’t you
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:there are actual Creatives out there who try to get projects off the ground due to an appreciation for the content, and not just how many bucks end up in their pockets.
You’re doing this just to piss me off now, aren’t you
;)

I prefer "creators" too, but creatives just sounded right in that sentence :lol:.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

^No...no it didn't.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:^No...no it didn't.
And... and why is that?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:
And... and why is that?
Because...because creatives did not match the sentence you were trying to type out,creators sounded way better.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I've never seen "creative" make sense when used like that. I didn't even know people did it until G2000 brought it up.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

king_ghidorah wrote:Who the heck would care??? Besides fanboys who are going to buy tickets anyways???

Also. Cloverfield = Paramount.

This is insanity.
Cloverfield is owned by J.J's company, Bad Robot Productions. Warner Brothers will most likely be the distributor to the next Cloverfield movie under this partnership.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
And... and why is that?
Because...because creatives did not match the sentence you were trying to type out,creators sounded way better.
Fair fair fair, tbh the more I say it in my head the weirder the word gets :lol: .

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'd argue that the cloverfield monster would generate more interest than the Big 3 from KOTM sadly just do to it being an American ip.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

If I could get Clover, Kong and Godzilla in one movie that'd be the bees knees..

Now, Kong is already in the universe, Gamera has been featured in official concept art (opinions on whether they're just filler characters are up for debate), and Clover is sailing over to WB from Paramount. It'd be wicked to see all 4 stand side by side officially, even though I have better odds at winning the lotto.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:If I could get Clover, Kong and Godzilla in one movie that'd be the bees knees..

Now, Kong is already in the universe, Gamera has been featured in official concept art (opinions on whether they're just filler characters are up for debate), and Clover is sailing over to WB from Paramount. It'd be wicked to see all 4 stand side by side officially, even though I have better odds at winning the lotto.
If the impossible happened and Godzilla, Gamera, Kong and Clover were in a film together they would probably be our Avengers shot.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I don't think this means we'll see the Cloverfield monster show up in the Monsterverse exactly but I do see a movie in the Monsterverse that has elements from that either be a new creation or even a classic giant monster from any of WB's library of monster movies be reimagined in Abrham's style.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

kaijuguy19 wrote:or even a classic giant monster from any of WB's library of monster movies be reimagined in Abram's style.
I have absolutely no interest in any old WB movie monsters coming back for more generic, trite films.

keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Post by keizerkaiju »

Jeez, I hope the Clovercrap doesn't get to taint the Monsterverse in any way.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

keizerkaiju wrote:Jeez, I hope the Clovercrap doesn't get to taint the Monsterverse in any way.
If Cloverfield does find it's way into the MV,and it's utter crap induced story bleeds into it and the Godzilla and Kong films,i honestly might be done with the MonsterVerse and put full focus on the World of Godzilla.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tyrantgoji wrote:
keizerkaiju wrote:Jeez, I hope the Clovercrap doesn't get to taint the Monsterverse in any way.
If Cloverfield does find it's way into the MV,and it's utter crap induced story bleeds into it and the Godzilla and Kong films,i honestly might be done with the MonsterVerse and put full focus on the World of Godzilla.
You'll stop paying attention to a movie franchise and put all your focus on a worldwide marketing project? Doesn't seem like a 1:1 transition.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

There's nothing utterly crap about the Cloverfield story though lol.

Outside of Paradox that is.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
You'll stop paying attention to a movie franchise and put all your focus on a worldwide marketing project? Doesn't seem like a 1:1 transition.
I'm still betting that Toho's gonna make another movie franchise anyway,they have to be crazy if they don't.

Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:There's nothing utterly crap about the Cloverfield story though lol.

Outside of Paradox that is.
Disagree. 10 BOREFIELD Lane honestly drove me out of the series and Paradox was the nail in the coffin.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

tyrantgoji wrote: I'm still betting that Toho's gonna make another movie franchise anyway,they have to be crazy if they don't.
I think you missed the joke I was making.

"World of Godzilla" isn't a new film series. It's a global marketing initiative by Toho to expand the brand into more territories around the world.