J.J. Abrams signed a MASSIVE partnership deal with Warner Brothers. Could we see Cloverfield in the Monster Verse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: J.J. Abrams signed a MASSIVE partnership deal with Warner Brothers. Could we see Cloverfield in the Monster Verse?

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:53 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:I'm still betting that Toho's gonna make another movie franchise anyway,they have to be crazy if they don't.

I think you missed the joke I was making.

"World of Godzilla" isn't a new film series. It's a global marketing initiative by Toho to expand the brand into more territories around the world.

Oh sorry,sarcasm doesn't catch on quite as fast when i'm on the web.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: J.J. Abrams signed a MASSIVE partnership deal with Warner Brothers. Could we see Cloverfield in the Monster Verse?

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
If Cloverfield does find it's way into the MV,and it's utter crap induced story bleeds into it and the Godzilla and Kong films,i honestly might be done with the MonsterVerse and put full focus on the World of Godzilla.

You'll stop paying attention to a movie franchise and put all your focus on a worldwide marketing project? Doesn't seem like a 1:1 transition.

I'm still betting that Toho's gonna make another movie franchise anyway,they have to be crazy if they don't.

Added in 1 minute 4 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:There's nothing utterly crap about the Cloverfield story though lol.

Outside of Paradox that is.

Disagree. 10 BOREFIELD Lane honestly drove me out of the series and Paradox was the nail in the coffin.

To each his own but I don't see how Lane bored you unless you were expecting a direct sequel.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:53 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
You'll stop paying attention to a movie franchise and put all your focus on a worldwide marketing project? Doesn't seem like a 1:1 transition.

I'm still betting that Toho's gonna make another movie franchise anyway,they have to be crazy if they don't.

_JNavs_ wrote:There's nothing utterly crap about the Cloverfield story though lol.

Outside of Paradox that is.

Disagree. 10 BOREFIELD Lane honestly drove me out of the series and Paradox was the nail in the coffin.

To each his own but I don't see how Lane bored you unless you were expecting a direct sequel.

I was,but when i found out it had little connection i did kinda role with it...but oh my god the story goes SOOOOO SLOW!

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:55 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

I was,but when i found out it had little connection i did kinda role with it...but oh my god the story goes SOOOOO SLOW!

That slow claustrophobic burn followed by the brutal death of a major character (there's only 3 (almost 4) characters in the entire film surprisingly) was iconic in my book, it felt so unique. Especially since I had no idea if they'd go the direct sequel route or not, (would've preferred a direct sequel but),
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

keizerkaiju
Samurai

Postby keizerkaiju » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:05 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

That slow claustrophobic burn followed by the brutal death of a major character (there's only 3 (almost 4) characters in the entire film surprisingly) was iconic in my book, it felt so unique. Especially since I had no idea if they'd go the direct sequel route or not, (would've preferred a direct sequel but),

I think, and this is just my opinion, that the movie would've been better as its own thing - the way it was before Abrams tacked on the Cloverfield name and added some lame aliens and a molotov cocktail. It's such a tonal whiplash my neck almost broke.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”