A few thoughts around this:
- I would speculate that Paramount has some sway over movies they are associated with from Bad Robot/Abrams, meaning they may have the first say-so or something like that with a property like Cloverfield.
- Even so, Paramount may be willing to do some type of co-production/distribution with another major studio.
- Despite Godzilla being inspirational for the Cloverfield movie and monster, I don't know if Abrams necessarily would want a direct crossover between them. Maybe yes, but maybe no.
- If some type of crossover does happen, they could put the Cloverfield monster and Godzilla in some different Clover continuity. They wouldn't be left with only the 2008 Cloverfield universe or the MonsterVerse.
- A crossover would be interesting, I believe that. For what it's worth Cloverfield as a brand does have equity and could draw in people who may not go to a MonsterVerse movie automatically. They'd have to weigh the value of that.
한국, 일본: 친교
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren