Does Alan Jonah come across like a Ra's al Ghul knockoff?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Does Alan Jonah come across like a Ra's al Ghul knockoff?

Post by Rhedosaurus »

A few weeks passed after I last read the book. And it came to my mind that Johan reminds of a certain Batman villain, Ra's al Ghul.

Here's why.

1. Both view mankind in a hopeless manner

2. They both want to wipe out most of mankind so that it can start over again in an eco-paradise.

3. They only have a few exceptions to part 2. Ra's being his daughter Talia, his one son, who in the 90's TV show was captured by Johan Hex, and Batman. Alan only has that one old friend (at least in the book) and to a degree, Emma and Madison at the end.

4. They both think big.

5. They both run terrorist organizations.

I'm not against an eco-terrorist group being cast as villains, but I wish the main human villain was more of his own thing then a knockoff of Ra's.
Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Does Alan Johan come across like a Ra's al Ghul knockoff?

Post by _JNavs_ »

Being how little Ra's type characters are used, I'm fine with it. Feels fresh.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

They’re both tropic characters, neither are really all that original.

Here ya go;
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Stavro_Blofeld

Highly more likely Jonah takes inspiration from him^
Both Ra al Ghul and him might be based on him.

Thanos is also identical as well.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

He was the villain the plot called for.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Oh God....what if the Lazarus Pit was worked into Godzilla and Kong stories?

I'd lose my freaking mind, lol. Godzilla and Kong Vs. a Horde of Revived immortal beasts....lovely!
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiDog wrote:Oh God....what if the Lazarus Pit was worked into Godzilla and Kong stories?

I'd lose my freaking mind, lol. Godzilla and Kong Vs. a Horde of Revived immortal beasts....lovely!
:lol:

Actually surprised some some of zombie kaiju hasn`t been done before. It would be cool to have weak monsters that just keep coming back.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Re: Does Alan Jonah come across like a Ra's al Ghul knockoff?

Post by H-Man »

He didn't remind me of Ras 'al Ghul, but Charles Dance made me think that he is the natural successor to the late Venerated Horror Film Icon Sir Christopher Lee.

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
GojiDog wrote:Oh God....what if the Lazarus Pit was worked into Godzilla and Kong stories?

Actually surprised some some of zombie kaiju hasn`t been done before. It would be cool to have weak monsters that just keep coming back.
I always thought Godzilla Vs a zombiefied, regenerating Gaira (or both/many Gargantuas) would be a fun ride. Godzilla would have to burn all the organic matter up to stop them from reviving/regenerating.... like imagine if he tore Gaira apart and each body part grew into a Gargantua

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

My Corns Hurt wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

I always thought Godzilla Vs a zombiefied, regenerating Gaira (or both/many Gargantuas) would be a fun ride. Godzilla would have to burn all the organic matter up to stop them from reviving/regenerating.... like imagine if he tore Gaira apart and each body part grew into a Gargantua
I always had an idea of a Godzilla film where Godzilla starts fighting a strange humanoid (Frankenstein, but for copy right reasons doesn’t have to be named that), and like the film begins mid fight. Godzilla defeats the creature, and the film begins as a semi remake of WOG, with the remains of Frankenstein being taken out to sea(By Oodako!)(some remains brought to Mt. Fuji or something. Gaira and Sanda are spawned. You can have an interesting plot of humans uncovering the origins and potential of the Frankenstein spawn.

The obvious issue is that Godzilla would play second fiddle, and the film runs the risk of becoming like Godzilla vs Mothra 1992 where Battra/Sanda would play a villainous role only for Godzilla to come up in the end as a villain.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

He doesn't, the similarities are pretty broad and can be rolled into many characters. Ra's and Alan are very different characters

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Wasn't Ra's Al-Ghul a Justice-terrorist instead of an Eco-terrorist? Sure they have some similarities, but the characters are completely different IMO.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GuardianGhido wrote:Wasn't Ra's Al-Ghul a Justice-terrorist instead of an Eco-terrorist? Sure they have some similarities, but the characters are completely different IMO.
I'm pretty sure he was an eco-terrorist in the 1990's cartoon show.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:Wasn't Ra's Al-Ghul a Justice-terrorist instead of an Eco-terrorist? Sure they have some similarities, but the characters are completely different IMO.
I'm pretty sure he was an eco-terrorist in the 1990's cartoon show.
Oh, really? Didn't know that. (Doesn't really make sense for his character though. Gotham is worse for it's crime and corruption than it's pollution)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.