Should Maddie be the Monsterverse’s new lead?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Saansilt
Futurian

Should Maddie be the Monsterverse’s new lead?

Post by Saansilt »

After seeing KoTM I think Maddie being a continuing presence will be good for the MV. The actress did quite good with her and her story arc was one of my favorite parts of KoTM. Seeing her character grow up throughout the MV would be swell.

Anyone else agree here?
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Should Maddie be the Monsterverse’s new lead?

Post by Gigantis »

For the time yes, but not forever though. Millie's eventually gonna want a break from these movies and maybe move on to other projects so i feel like a new lead is gonna have to be introduced.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I think her story will be done after GvsKong.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

On s scale of 1 to 10, this idea is clearly an Eleven.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Zarm wrote:On s scale of 1 to 10, this idea is clearly an Eleven.
So I believe this is what the kids call "sig worthy"
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Zarm wrote:On s scale of 1 to 10, this idea is clearly an Eleven.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Millie did a fantastic job with her role and really brought the emotion to her character. I think Madison is also relatable to a lot of people who's parents are separated and have gone through rough times with the loss of a loved one, especially people around my age or younger where the former is unfortunately more common.

I'd say she'd be a good lead if MBB was up for it.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

I'm against it honestly we need new characters and not stick was the the same ones but that aside I do long forward to seeing her and Mark's story continue at least in GvK
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

She’s a fine actor and did fine, but her character is basically a cardboard box. Better than Brody, but they seriously need to improve her character and give it something else in the future.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

Please no! Although I suppose she can't be any worse than any of the other generic characters though.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Omegazilla wrote:Please no! Although I suppose she can't be any worse than any of the other generic characters though.
Just wait until her high school drama in GvK
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

She'll be bullied for her mother being the reason for almost causing a mass extinction.

If you guys think that's generic, welp.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote:She'll be bullied for her mother being the reason for almost causing a mass extinction.

New for Godzilla, but in a world of fiction spanding upon Millennia i'm sure it's been done. And we don't know if this is confirmed yet so we don't even know if it will really happen.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

_JNavs_ wrote:She'll be bullied for her mother being the reason for almost causing a mass extinction.

If that actually becomes the case then I would actually prefer a generic human roster than a high school drama mixed with a kaiju movie.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I almost guarantee it’ll happen :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Omegazilla wrote:

If that actually becomes the case then I would actually prefer a generic human roster than a high school drama mixed with a kaiju movie.
Dumb Cheerleader trying to impress her friends: "I only answer the phone during sex while kaiju are destroying my neighborhood."

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Omegazilla wrote:

Except with the power of film, that entire aspect can be limited down to a quarter of the first act, in which case, it'd work perfectly fine.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

She was less interesting than Ford Brody. There's more emotion to the performance, but the character is just a girl who happens to be in the middle of all the trouble. As long as they keep things interesting and well written, I don't mind.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Her classmates could nickname her “Princess Ghidorah.”

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

As long as it’s well written, any kind of drama can be compelling and emotional. Maddie being bullied and outcast by her fellow classmates for her mother being a terrorist could be very empathetic and sad, if written well; it doesn’t really matter how cliché nor generic it is in the realm of filmmaking when most story beats are nowadays.

Plus, as long as it doesn’t overstay its welcome, I don’t see the problem. Millie is a good actress, so she of all people should be able to sell teenage drama well.

#BotM