Should Maddie be the Monsterverse’s new lead?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Should Maddie be the Monsterverse’s new lead?

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla165 wrote:This version of King Ghidorah is a confirmed sadist, preferring to, “play”, with his food before he murders it just for the shits and giggles. My own head canon is that Ghidorah knew good and well that he could easily kill Maddie within the stadium, but instead, he decided to destroy her only cover piece by piece and essentially force her out of hiding. With her out in the open, Ghidorah could then just vaporize her up close and personal, something that this version seems to love to do.

Plus, it’s Millie Bobbie Brown; anyone expecting for her plot armor to not have been insanely thick was fooling themselves.
You know that, I know that, most people in the fanbase know that, heck the book confirms it, but you know a lot reviewers counted this as a "flaw" in the movie. I swear a lot of people have forgotten that movie monsters are movie monsters, not real animals.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

AllosaurHell wrote:Madison is fine as a character but I don't find her compelling enough to be the lead of the Monsterverse, she's fine as a support character and I think Mark Russell or Rick Stanton would be better leads but in an ideal world where Serizawa didn't sacrifice himself, he'd be the main lead in my opinion, hell if Joe Brody wasn't killed, he'd be an excellent lead in the Monsterverse.
man i would have loved to see Joe as the main lead! They made a big mistake killing him off.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

If Marlow isn’t the lead in GvK I’ll openly vomit
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

tyrantgoji wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:Madison is fine as a character but I don't find her compelling enough to be the lead of the Monsterverse, she's fine as a support character and I think Mark Russell or Rick Stanton would be better leads but in an ideal world where Serizawa didn't sacrifice himself, he'd be the main lead in my opinion, hell if Joe Brody wasn't killed, he'd be an excellent lead in the Monsterverse.
man i would have loved to see Joe as the main lead! They made a big mistake killing him off.
I think we can blame Max Borenstein, first Joe dies, then Randa (John Goodman) and now Graham (Sally Hawkins) and Serizawa die and all three of Monsterverse movies so far have his names attached to them. He needs to be fired to be honest.

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
Stump Feet wrote:If Marlow isn’t the lead in GvK I’ll openly vomit
I think a cool way to keep him around in the Monsterverse is have it to where some of the plants he may have consumed on Skull Island allow him to not age at all, since the natives on the island also don't age.
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Bold of you to assume there's going to be a future after 2020
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ryguy wrote:Bold of you to assume there's going to be a future after 2020
This is obvious flamebait.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Not really
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"