So what happened to San Francisco and Las Vegas?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Re: So what happened to San Francisco and Las Vegas?

Post by Stump Feet »

Maritonic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Why are the only ones getting heated in these debates the ones defending GKOTM?
Possibly because they feel spoken down to, and as such, are put on the defense?
But that's not what's going on, at least I don't think. It's the movie that's been spoken down on, not the members themselves.

Criticising a movie shouldn't come as a personal attack to anyone.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Stump Feet wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:Why are the only ones getting heated in these debates the ones defending GKOTM?
Possibly because they feel spoken down to, and as such, are put on the defense?
But that's not what's going on, at least I don't think. It's the movie that's been spoken down on, not the members themselves.

Criticising a movie shouldn't come as a personal attack to anyone.
I said they feel that way, not that that's what's going on. I don't think that's what's going on. I think a lot of people are just super wound up and need to chill out a little bit.

I agree with you. I personally loved the movie, but I really don't care if people hated it because it doesn't effect my opinion. People take things too close to heart.

Like I said; everyone has different tastes, perspectives, opinions, and expectations. Just gotta accept it and roll with it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

H-Man wrote:As some have said, there's a question of suspension of disbelief when it comes to giant monster movies. For example, Biollante would have to travel at faster-than-light speed to find the nearest black hole, enter it, and come back as Space Godzilla in a span of five years.
Bombshell: according to the codex entries for Godzilla Defense Force that Toho helped with, Biollante wasn't the cause of SpaceGodzilla. It was actually the Mothra theory, which felt tacked on for box office purposes... but I guess it's the real one:

"Called the God of Destruction, SpaceGodzilla was formed after Mothra carried some of Godzilla's cells into space, where they were drawn into a black hole."
If it bites... don't mess with it!

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Arbok wrote:
H-Man wrote:As some have said, there's a question of suspension of disbelief when it comes to giant monster movies. For example, Biollante would have to travel at faster-than-light speed to find the nearest black hole, enter it, and come back as Space Godzilla in a span of five years.
Bombshell: according to the codex entries for Godzilla Defense Force that Toho helped with, Biollante wasn't the cause of SpaceGodzilla. It was actually the Mothra theory, which felt tacked on for box office purposes... but I guess it's the real one:

"Called the God of Destruction, SpaceGodzilla was formed after Mothra carried some of Godzilla's cells into space, where they were drawn into a black hole."
EDIT: I've always found the Mothra explanation to be less credible than the Biollante theory. In any case, for either to make any sense, Space Godzilla would have had to have traveled across space *and* time when he left the white hole and returned to attack Earth.
Last edited by H-Man on Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Maybe titans, feeding on radiation, block all of its harmful components and absorb only useful ones? thus, they emit only radiation useful for nature

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Stump Feet wrote: Criticising a movie shouldn't come as a personal attack to anyone.
I can't believe you'd attack me like that dude... I trusted you...
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

You best calm down bro, won’t warn yah again :lol:
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting