What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Post by BlankAccount »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Stump Feet wrote:I'd prefer if Mothra flew over Madison and glowing pollen from Mothra's wings falls and revives her :shrug:
Yeah that'd probably be the best way to go. I love Mothra having healing powers to undo some of the damage caused by her battles. Imagine her flying over a ruined city and scenes of people rejoicing as their supposedly dead or dying loved ones come back to life! It would be a great end to her solo film!
I like it.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

That’s a neat idea

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

That would have been a good way to tie the monsters’ fight with what the other characters are doing at the same time.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The way I would've done it, Mothra and Rodan's battling it out as Mark and Emma are grieving over Madison. The cast notices it's "snowing" and they all look up to see Mothra fly over them, dispersing a glowing pollen from her wings that lands on Madison and she suddenly wakes up.

Not only does it tie the monsters with the humans as Terasawa said, but Madison's relationship with Mothra comes to full circle.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I love that this fandom will complain about like, everything, but at the same time will post shit like Titan funeral rites and Mothra crop dusting Madison so she would come back to life.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

goji89 wrote:I love that this fandom will complain about like, everything, but at the same time will post poop like Titan funeral rites and Mothra crop dusting Madison so she would come back to life.
Exactly.

Maybe it's just me, but this stuff would've never crossed my mind. That's probably because I didn't like the odd Mothra wing pattern nuclear pulse, with the added Mothra call. People can come up with whatever they'd like, but these are weird ideas that would've made the film even more cheesy than it was.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

goji89 wrote:I love that this fandom will complain about like, everything, but at the same time will post shit like Titan funeral rites and Mothra crop dusting Madison so she would come back to life.
Careful goji, your asshole is showing :P
I've been here long enough to know good and well if you didn't like the movie or had some issues with parts, you'd be very vocal about it :lol:

Now now, there's nothing wrong with not liking Madison's anti-climatic resurrection after 4 seconds of grieving from the main cast.

I've heard parts were cut so maybe that's why it looks off to me :shrug:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Stump Feet wrote:
goji89 wrote:I love that this fandom will complain about like, everything, but at the same time will post poop like Titan funeral rites and Mothra crop dusting Madison so she would come back to life.
Careful goji, your asshole is showing :P

Now now, thhere's nothing wrong with not liking Madison's anti-climatic resurrection after 4 seconds of grieving from the main cast.

I've heard parts were cut so maybe that's why it looks off to me :shrug:
Really? I thought we were in TK where assholes were preferred?

Sorry about that....*covers asshole up*

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Mothra never really uses her God Rays in battle. They were said to have power that could shatter the sky, I refuse to believe they'd just be flashbangs. Those zapping sounds when she arrives in Boston could have been a perfect time for her to fire a few off. (God Rays to knock Ghidorah into a building, then the Silk Shot to tie him up, that'd be nice) The sound effects sounded so cool and iconic! Yet they were just used for an entrance instead of any attacks, lame

Also Rodan never used his volcanic powers aside from one instance of a close ranged heat burst used to burn Mothra's wings. Seeing him spit lava from above in Washington or something like a bombing run would have been pretty cool.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

The God Ray's aren't like lasers or a bomb, they just have the ability to clear storms.

I kinda wish she used them on Rodan though, maybe send him into an epileptic seizure
Last edited by Stump Feet on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

A living flashbang is pretty useful for an insect monster, and unique for Kaiju in general.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I didn't like King Ghidorahs roar..........it is not memorable nor do I remember it.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

goji89 wrote:I didn't like King Ghidorahs roar..........it is not memorable nor do I remember it.
I mostly just remember rattle snake sounds and his big volcano roar
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

My one complaint about KOTM is that it is absolutely perfect and I have nothing to complain about it.

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Stump Feet wrote:
goji89 wrote:I didn't like King Ghidorahs roar..........it is not memorable nor do I remember it.
I mostly just remember rattle snake sounds and his big volcano roar
Rodan had nothing memorable, either. Just relatively generic shrieking, nothing coming very close to his original sounds.

I don't believe people when they say that Ghidorah had his classic sounds. Whenever it comes close to soundings like the original Showa era calls, it's much too quiet. It probably wouldn't have been hard to recreate his sound effects. I still think that the best sound effects for Ghidorah were made in 2001.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

DirektorSplennic wrote:My one complaint about KOTM is that it is absolutely perfect and I have nothing to complain about it.
As perfect as a turd can get :P
Long Live The Sting

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Stump Feet wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:My one complaint about KOTM is that it is absolutely perfect and I have nothing to complain about it.
As perfect as a turd can get :P
Dammit Stumpy I thought we were buddies :(

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Ah Direktor, even with your flawed opinions I still love yah :lol:
Long Live The Sting

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

I wonder why they decided to give Rodan and Ghidorah new roars instead of updating them like they did for Godzilla in 2014
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

BioDestroyer
GPN Volunteer

Post by BioDestroyer »

I mean, Ghidorah's roar may be new but it's pretty similar to the spirit of the original Showa one. It's high pitched, shrill and almost a complete 180 from Godzilla's bellow. Though I can't remember many specific instances of him using it in memorable ways the one where he does his alpha roar is certainly the most stand out moment for his call. I had no issue with it. Rodan's roar, however, is indeed pretty forgettable and more to the generic side of things.