What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Post by _JNavs_ »

Lmao I much prefer Admiral Stanz, and the Brody family over generic scientist Hawkins.

Her role should've just went to Serizawa since the start. Would've gave a better character more scenes.

She was a recurring character, but never a main.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao I much prefer Admiral Stanz, and the Brody family over generic scientist Hawkins.

Her role should've just went to Serizawa since the start. Would've gave a better character more scenes.

JNavs you're cool and all, but this is one point we're gonna have to disagree on. A "generic" scientist of an organization meant to study giant monsters who reveres the Big G as much as Dr. Serizawa himself was leagues better than generic emotionless military dude and his generic family that does nothing or a generic military leader dude that learns nothing from the MUTOs and fires a superweapon at Godzilla anyway. She was also one of the very few things linking G14 and KOTM together so for her to be dumped like a sack of potatoes with Dougherty being smug about the whole deal while the other guy is also shafted but with some degree of respect was just a poop move in my book.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:Lmao I much prefer Admiral Stanz, and the Brody family over generic scientist Hawkins.

Yeah, the only character of Graham's that I cared about was a result of fans cobbling together something interesting from the scraps the movie gave us. In just the 2014 film alone, Graham is practically pointless.

At least Elle was motivation for Ford's journey and Stenz was a militaristic opposite for Serizawa to interact with.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

_JNavs_ wrote: Her role should've just went to Serizawa since the start. Would've gave a better character more scenes.
Ironically this is why she was created in the first place lol. The writers felt there were too many instances of Serizawa talking by himself for long periods. So they created another character to share the exposition.
GuardianGhido wrote: A "generic" scientist of an organization meant to study giant monsters who reveres the Big G as much as Dr. Serizawa himself was leagues better than generic emotionless military dude and his generic family that does nothing or a generic military leader.
You used "generic" with quotes as if it to say that it's dishonest criticism but then went on to use it to describe other characters three times. I'm not exactly sure what point you were trying to make.
Last edited by Smuggers on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

It would have been cool and emotional if Graham was the one to utter the phrase "For Serizawa" at the end of KOTM instead of Chen.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."