What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4592
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby G2000 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:51 am

I’ll have to dig them up but after the release there were a couple people complaining about how this version of Godzilla “wasn’t da King” because he “needed help to win all of his fights” (by this reading Godzilla only won in G14 because of Brody and the EOD distracting the MUTOs and separating them, allowing Godzilla to beat them one-on-one; and in KoTM Godzilla has to be revived twice and given power-ups twice to defeat Ghidorah).

It’s just funny how we’ve had one group of people arguing that Godzilla’s underpowered because he needed help to defeat Ghidorah in this film and now we have a group saying he’s overpowered because the film implies that under different circumstances Godzilla might have been able to best Ghidorah one-on-one
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 am

It’s more Ghidorah seems underpowered up until the Boston battle
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 am

Stump Feet wrote:It’s more Ghidorah seems underpowered up until the Boston battle

Yeah Ghiddy's a weakling and the MUTOs are OP. It's like the power level of the MUTO duo and KG got switched somehow.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Godzilla165 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:03 am

Yeah, the MUTOS are so OP in fact, that Godzilla manhandled them both one-on-one, and it only took the combined effort of both to bring him down.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:04 am

Godzilla165 wrote:Yeah, the MUTOS are so OP in fact, that Godzilla manhandled them both one-on-one, and it only took the combined effort of both to bring him down.

But still, a couple of bug mooks shouldn't be stronger than the Destroyer of Worlds or their own goddamn "queen" MUTO Prime. Godzilla took her out on her own too, and needed only a much smaller distraction. The Male MUTO was almost even with Godzilla without a building to be impaled on too.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4592
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby G2000 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am

I think it’s less “power levels” and more that G’14 does a somewhat job of building up the MUTOs up as a threat (unfortunately at the expense of Godzilla; in some ways G’14 felt like a late-Showa vs film in that Godzilla seems secondary to the main threat)
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Stump Feet
Futurian
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:45 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Stump Feet » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 am

Godzilla165 wrote:Yeah, the MUTOS are so OP in fact, that Godzilla manhandled them both one-on-one, and it only took the combined effort of both to bring him down.

Pretty much this, the MUTO’s are only a real threat when they’re together because their strategy tandem fighting skills are top-notch, separate them and they’re pretty bottom tier as far as Titans go.

In Ghidorah’s case, he left Antarctica because he was getting overwhelmed by Godzilla and the Argo.

Got the poop beat of him in Mexico by Godzilla.

Then completely manhandles super Godzilla in Boston.

Just seems inconsistent to me
Last edited by Stump Feet on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

User avatar
Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4912
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Godzilla165 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:13 am

And on the topic of the MUTOS, specifically the male, it wasn’t even like he was even with Godzilla. He was smaller, more agile and therefore quicker than his lumbering opponent. Of course he would give Godzilla some trouble by zipping all around him. Whenever the latter got his hands on him, Godzilla thrashed the thing.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 826
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby GuardianGhido » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:15 am

Godzilla165 wrote:And on the topic of the MUTOS, specifically the male, it wasn’t even like he was even with Godzilla. He was smaller, more agile and therefore quicker than his lumbering opponent. Of course he would give Godzilla some trouble by zipping all around him. Whenever the latter got his hands on him, Godzilla thrashed the thing.

But for all the thrashings, he never seemed to take too much damage until the tail slap and building impalement. Whereas Ghidorah was supposedly getting outright killed a third into the movie.

It's just odd that if you put 2 low tier monsters together, they're somehow stronger than the 2 strongest alpha monsters in the entire Monsterverse. Does a teamup really warrant that much of an advantage if the ones teaming up are weak individually?
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

darthzilla99
Interpol Agent
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby darthzilla99 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am

GuardianGhido wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:
Does a teamup really warrant that much of an advantage if the ones teaming up are weak individually?


Realistically, resounding yes. If you say you have one fighter who has say strength 10, speed 10, reach 10, and durability 10, and hes fighting two fighters who each have 5s or even down to 3s in the same stats, the powerful will have a much harder time with multiple targets than fighting another fighter one on one who has 10s or even 11s because one on one he can defend until he finds an opening. With the multiple targets, target A just has to survive and defend while distracting the strong fighter while target b can focus on finding the opening for a big attack.
Last edited by darthzilla99 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your not coming off as cocky. You come off as an idiot" by SBK.

User avatar
mattman559
Samurai
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:18 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby mattman559 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:55 pm

OK not really a complaint, and I don’t know if anybody else has brought this up yet because I didn’t go skimming through every post but when Mothra seemingly kills Rodan the scene is shot so dramatic and makes it look like he’s falling off the top of the Empire State building but when the camera pans out he is right there like he just fell off the bed or something. It reminded me of a funny scene from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. it’s hilarious and by far my favorite part of the film now. Again, I apologize if this has already been brought up. do not be mean to me
Last edited by mattman559 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
SteveMartinLives
Ronin
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 am

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby SteveMartinLives » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:30 pm

Biggest complaints are the weak forced humor, the totally unnecessary F-bomb, and an FX shot when Ghidorah is coiling around big G in the climax and a dorsal plate folds in a very synthetic looking way. Outside of that, the whole movie was essentially Jurassic World levels of fan service. Which im fine with this go around. Probably prefer G14 overall but this has me looking forward to GVK.

User avatar
Eel221
Ronin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Eel221 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:11 am

There should have been more monsters in the final bowing scene (according to Fake's leaks), it would emphasize Godzilla's alpha status.

It's weird that there was no Godzilla vs. Rodan fight.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9234
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 am

The "long live the king" line getting used way too much. It was kinda cool when Charles Dance first said it but every subsequent use just screamed fan wank edginess. Seriously why would anyone even talk like that? Its not cool. It just comes across as stupid and immature on Dougherty's part.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 am

The entire film is fan wank edginess what are you talking about?
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6041
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Maritonic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:55 am

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The "long live the king" line getting used way too much. It was kinda cool when Charles Dance first said it but every subsequent use just screamed fan wank edginess. Seriously why would anyone even talk like that? Its not cool. It just comes across as stupid and immature on Dougherty's part.


It was used one other time lol
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 am

Maritonic wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:The "long live the king" line getting used way too much. It was kinda cool when Charles Dance first said it but every subsequent use just screamed fan wank edginess. Seriously why would anyone even talk like that? Its not cool. It just comes across as stupid and immature on Dougherty's part.


It was used one other time lol

This.

Once by Dance, second by Farmiga before she died.

I didn’t have a problem with it myself, decent callback line I suppose, there’s a lot worse dialogue imo

Serizawa’s got that lizard JUICED!

Damn right
Last edited by Orichalcum on Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*

User avatar
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2711
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: キノプレックス
Contact:

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 am

That's messed up
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5428
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:35 pm

Orichalcum wrote:The entire film is fan wank edginess what are you talking about?

THATS the term I've been looking for to describe the film. Thank you haha.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Orichalcum
Interpol Agent
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: What Are Your Complaints About KOTM?

Postby Orichalcum » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:40 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Orichalcum wrote:The entire film is fan wank edginess what are you talking about?

THATS the term I've been looking for to describe the film. Thank you haha.

Yeah, it’s a famous term used by Shakespeare.
*Formerly known as Stump Feet*


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests