Behemoth's future in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Behemoth's future in the Monsterverse

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah that's interesting he is more like a sloth but at a glance he does look very gorilla like.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I was under the impression most of the Titans went back into hibernation after the events of GKOTM such as Rodan slumbering in a new volcano and Scylla residing in the Arctic Ocean, my guess is his future involves sleeping in a cave for another several thousand years.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I miss 54

His debates on box office and budgets made this section

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Can't see Behemoth getting much outside of cameos in future films. Would love to explore it more but unless your name is Kong or Godzilla, I doubt you'll get a starring role in a solo film. Would be cool if he ended up as something of an Anguirus to this Godzilla

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I just love that fans have taken to this guy.

Its nice to see a new monster get some positive buzz surrounding him. It reminds me of the old days when I would go "Who the heck is that blue T-Rex and can I get more of him?" or "What is Manda? Can I see more of that thing?".
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I want a giant bat.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

There's no way he's getting his own spinoff film, but a 1-shot comic? Cameos in GvK and beyond? Absolutely. Especially seeing, as others have said, he's the most popular of the new Titans.

Personally though, I wanna see what Mokele Mbembe, Kraken and Leviathan look like as well. Mokele in particular sounded pretty horrifying from his discription in the novelization.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Breakdown wrote:There's no way he's getting his own spinoff film, but a 1-shot comic? Cameos in GvK and beyond? Absolutely. Especially seeing, as others have said, he's the most popular of the new Titans.

Personally though, I wanna see what Mokele Mbembe, Kraken and Leviathan look like as well. Mokele in particular sounded pretty horrifying from his discription in the novelization.
I honestly couldn't make sense of what he is supposed to look like. I understood the descriptions but trying to picture it in my head I'm like "the hell is this thing supposed to be?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Living Corpse wrote:
Breakdown wrote:There's no way he's getting his own spinoff film, but a 1-shot comic? Cameos in GvK and beyond? Absolutely. Especially seeing, as others have said, he's the most popular of the new Titans.

I honestly couldn't make sense of what he is supposed to look like. I understood the descriptions but trying to picture it in my head I'm like "the hell is this thing supposed to be?"
Here's some fan art:

Funny enough, he looks more like another African cryptid called a Grootslang than the actual Mokele Mbembe
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Breakdown wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

Here's some fan art:

https://i.redd.it/yngebdkkiw431.jpg

https://i.redd.it/wfu21z5fhv431.jpg

Funny enough, he looks more like another African cryptid called a Grootslang than the actual Mokele Mbembe
That is horrifying.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I think both him and the spider will die in a fight against Kong.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I think both him and the spider will die in a fight against Kong.
Imagine Godzilla is waiting for Kong on the other side of the Island, and as Kong is running at Godzilla, Behemoth and Scylla jump in front of Godzilla like Royal Guards? Kong stops and gets ready to duke it out with the Double Trouble, after a brief fight, Kong breaks off Behemoths tusk and turns around stabbing Scylla in the head with it?

That'd be brutal and epic, and would make up for the lack of a "fatality" at the end of GvK.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

I liked Behemoth very much. He is a cool monster with an unusual design. Although I`m not sure if he will appear in GvK, I will be glad to see him in action again.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:I think both him and the spider will die in a fight against Kong.
Imagine Godzilla is waiting for Kong on the other side of the Island, and as Kong is running at Godzilla, Behemoth and Scylla jump in front of Godzilla like Royal Guards? Kong stops and gets ready to duke it out with the Double Trouble, after a brief fight, Kong breaks off Behemoths tusk and turns around stabbing Scylla in the head with it?

That'd be brutal and epic, and would make up for the lack of a "fatality" at the end of GvK.
That would be amazing.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

_JNavs_ wrote:

Honestly, I think the other monsters will just arrive on Skull Island before Godzilla.

Kong might try to bond with the mammoth because he's kind of like an ape, but I don't think it will be reciprocated. I think the Spider will probably tunnel into skull island and unleash skull crawlers onto civilization for Kong and Godzilla to hunt. And as a way to get Kong off the island of course.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Honestly, I think the other monsters will just arrive on Skull Island before Godzilla.

Kong might try to bond with the mammoth because he's kind of like an ape, but I don't think it will be reciprocated. I think the Spider will probably tunnel into skull island and unleash skull crawlers onto civilization for Kong and Godzilla to hunt. And as a way to get Kong off the island of course.
Honestly GvK will probably be a fight to see who gets to be King of the Island. If Godzilla wins he gets Monster Island (which is the inevitable next step), if Kong wins he gets to have his Skull Island back.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Like I said a few pages back, Behemoth is alright, but I'm more interested in the others that weren't shown. Mokele-Mbembe, Quetzalcoatl, and Yamata no Orochi sound interesting.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:

Like I said a few pages back, Behemoth is alright, but I'm more interested in the others that weren't shown. Mokele-Mbembe, Quetzalcoatl, and Yamata no Orochi sound interesting.
who are they?!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

He literally just said the other Titans that weren’t shown lol
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting