Behemoth's future in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Re: Behemoth's future in the Monsterverse

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Cookson wrote:
Ryguy wrote:There won't be any future. Godzilla vs Kong is the end. A blossoming franchise doesn't make sub-400M on a 200 million budget. Sorry it's just not happening, fam
170m budget is the factual report. And Behemoth could make a appearance in GvsKong.
Plus marketing.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

G2000 wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:Didn’t Dougherty mention Behemoth’s design to be like a companion mammal to Kong? Could be cool to see future interactions.
Kong riding Behemoth into battle like his own personal war-horse
Just the thought of this brings tears to my eyes...

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Sonic wrote:
G2000 wrote:
Dynomy-DX wrote:Didn’t Dougherty mention Behemoth’s design to be like a companion mammal to Kong? Could be cool to see future interactions.
Kinda hate to burst your bubble but in order to have even a chance at taking on Godzilla, Kong will probably grow to almost 100 meters and Behemoth is 90 meters so that ain't happening unless Kong stays tiny.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Sonic wrote:
G2000 wrote:
Kinda hate to burst your bubble but in order to have even a chance at taking on Godzilla, Kong will probably grow to almost 100 meters and Behemoth is 90 meters so that ain't happening unless Kong stays tiny.
Good point... do you see him appearing in gvk?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Sonic wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Sonic wrote: Just the thought of this brings tears to my eyes...
Obviously! Whether or not GvK stops the Monsterverse (at least temporarily so cuz I don't think the Monsterverse will be erased from existence that easily), not seeing anything of the new Titans just after they were introduced would be weird. Plus the GA loved Behemoth too so he might end up becoming one of the more recurring minor Titans.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Sonic wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: Kinda hate to burst your bubble but in order to have even a chance at taking on Godzilla, Kong will probably grow to almost 100 meters and Behemoth is 90 meters so that ain't happening unless Kong stays tiny.
Obviously! Whether or not GvK stops the Monsterverse (at least temporarily so cuz I don't think the Monsterverse will be erased from existence that easily), not seeing anything of the new Titans just after they were introduced would be weird. Plus the GA loved Behemoth too so he might end up becoming one of the more recurring minor Titans.
thank you for the positive uplifting words!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Sonic wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:
Sonic wrote: Good point... do you see him appearing in gvk?
thank you for the positive uplifting words!
You're welcome! This place needs more positivity (especially with KOTM's situation. We should all keep in mind that Godzilla is as unkillable a franchise as it is a character and there's no Oxygen Destroyer equivalent for franchises)

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GuardianGhido wrote: Obviously! Whether or not GvK stops the Monsterverse (at least temporarily so cuz I don't think the Monsterverse will be erased from existence that easily), not seeing anything of the new Titans just after they were introduced would be weird. Plus the GA loved Behemoth too so he might end up becoming one of the more recurring minor Titans.
What’s your evidence that the GA loves Behemoth? I know hardcore G-fans do, but GA? Where you getting that from? Just curious
Long Live The King

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Hokmuto wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote: Obviously! Whether or not GvK stops the Monsterverse (at least temporarily so cuz I don't think the Monsterverse will be erased from existence that easily), not seeing anything of the new Titans just after they were introduced would be weird. Plus the GA loved Behemoth too so he might end up becoming one of the more recurring minor Titans.
What’s your evidence that the GA loves Behemoth? I know hardcore G-fans do, but GA? Where you getting that from? Just curious
Didn't I hear some word around here about people commenting on and cheering at Behemoth? I might be exaggerating that all general audinces love him, but he is well loved compared to the likes of Scylla or Methuselah IMO.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
Didn't I hear some word around here about people commenting on and cheering at Behemoth? I might be exaggerating that all general audinces love him, but he is well loved compared to the likes of Scylla or Methuselah IMO.
I’m pretty sure the cheering was hyperbole. The commenting depends. The GA, regarding Behemoth, is: “That’s a big Mammoth”. For fans though, they definitely do love it
Long Live The King

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

its safe to say behemoth has been the most loved new titan. without a shadow of a doubt.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Behemoth followed by Scylla followed by Methuselah.

We have our new Millenia C-Lister Crew!!! Now let's get some more in GvK.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

_JNavs_ wrote:Behemoth followed by Scylla followed by Methuselah.

I'd rather see the ones we have get fleshed out a little before introducing any more. Maybe you could give them some powers too? Maybe something like giving Scylla ice powers (or at least very cold bodiliy fluids) since it seems to be keeping ice from melting too fast or-this might be a little crazy-giving Behemoth the ability to articulate, extend and retract his tusks like pincers.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

_JNavs_ wrote:Behemoth followed by Scylla followed by Methuselah.

let's hope so!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

I really wanna see the guy again. Elephant and mammoth-based kaiju are something of a rarity, albeit the Ultra series does have a few of 'em.

This guy is actually from Mirrorman, but it's a Tsuburaya creation nonetheless

And who could forget all the early proboscidae-based concepts of Bagan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

yeah and most of them don't look the best. I'd love to see the third one get a modern upgrade though!

back to Behemoth, sure he'll be around. He's so popular i could certainly see him being a recurring Titan.

also be nice to see him fight another monster. maybe a more rogue Titan shows up and Behemoth could appear to put him in place in Godzilla's honor? like a King and his most loyal servant.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

tyrantgoji wrote:yeah and most of them don't look the best. I'd love to see the third one get a modern upgrade though!

back to Behemoth, sure he'll be around. He's so popular i could certainly see him being a recurring Titan.

also be nice to see him fight another monster. maybe a more rogue Titan shows up and Behemoth could appear to put him in place in Godzilla's honor? like a King and his most loyal servant.
Pretty sure said servant would be Rodan. (Knight Captain of the Monsters basically) I could however see disputes and infighting amongst the Tiitans, maybe caused by a titan trespassing on what what another titan conisders its territory, making a fight break out. Maybe broken up by the King before any fatalities.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

I really want to see behemoth stand up fully in gvk. That would be an epic moment.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I do like Behemoth too. I remember some joker was all 'huh he's a gorilla with tusks!? What's the point of King Kong then when we got this guy now!?'
My answer would be: well Kong is a gorilla monster. He stands upright like a human while the Behemoth moves very much more like a real gorilla. Hunched over, long arms to balance itself.

I like all the monsters, nice blend of classic Toho and new ones. The cephalopod one on tvtropes sounds pretty cool too.

Let's give Behemoth a movie trilogy!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

daveblackeye15 wrote:I do like Behemoth too. I remember some joker was all 'huh he's a gorilla with tusks!? What's the point of King Kong then when we got this guy now!?'
My answer would be: well Kong is a gorilla monster. He stands upright like a human while the Behemoth moves very much more like a real gorilla. Hunched over, long arms to balance itself.

I like all the monsters, nice blend of classic Toho and new ones. The cephalopod one on tvtropes sounds pretty cool too.

Let's give Behemoth a movie trilogy!
And the coolest thing about him is that he's neither a Proboscidean OR a Primate: despite his superficial resemblance to both, this boi is actually a relative of Ground Sloths according to the novelization. This is also apparent from the Osteoderms all over his back, which is something Ground Sloths actually did have. Now that is one badass mammal kaiju design.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.