Theater no longer playing KotM

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Theater no longer playing KotM

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Looks like the movie is staying in my local theater much longer then I thought. Probably until the end of the month granted only like two showings everyday only.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Today is the last day of the film in Brazilian theaters (after 4 weeks). That makes me sad (I didn't have time to see it a second time).

But the alterative theater circuit SPCine, which shows recent releases for free in less-privileged areas, might pick it up in a month or so. So no extra earnings, but I'll get to see it on the big screen again (maybe).

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Theaters round my place are done with KOTM this weekend for Spiderman. Managed to see it one last time. It's always an amazing experience to watch this in theaters. Gonna miss it, but I think I've had my fill of Godzilla for now. Might start posting a little less frequently.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KOTM on its last legs in my theater. It’s sharing a screen with MIB now and has only three or so showings throughout the day. Probably will be gone the weekend Lion King comes out.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

>I have to wait a couple months before I see KoTM again
fug
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

gottatalktothefake wrote:>I have to wait a couple months before I see KoTM again
fug
You can just view the pirated version
Long Live The King

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

UltramanGoji wrote:KOTM on its last legs in my theater. It’s sharing a screen with MIB now and has only three or so showings throughout the day. Probably will be gone the weekend Lion King comes out.
About the same here, it has about two showings a day now (both at night) and is sharing a theater with another film
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Huh uh wow. My theater is still playing it another week. Two showings a day but still I was so sure it was on it's last week since Spidey was coming in.
...Maybe I go to viewing #12...

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

It's leaving my theater this weekend, so it lasted about 5 weeks.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

They actually took it out for a week when Toy Story 4 released, then brought it back for one more week at my AMC theater. I guess it must have been doing better than some of the other older stuff. I got to see it one last time with my little niece and nephew, good times. They are now Godzilla fans!

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

It’s no longer in my local theater, but the mall theater still has it going on through next week too. Didn’t think it would last that long, but it’s still fighting!
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

10 theaters in my area are still showing it. The one closet to me actually had 5 showings today. More than I thought. Might try to catch it one last time
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Does anyone know of any movie theaters still playing KotM? Boxoffice Mojo says there are still 238 theaters nationwide playing it as of yesterday.