KOTM: What movie would you have done?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: KOTM: What movie would you have done?

Post by G2000 »

Ivo-goji wrote:Replace the OD with a MOAB.

Left Vivienne alive.
An actual MOAB isn't really all that close to a nuke despite comparisons, with a yield of something like 11 tons of TNT (so like 0.011 kilotons; Hiroshima was somewhere around 20kt, most US strategic warheads are roughly between 300 and 500 kt, and Castle Bravo was 15,000kt). That being said I can definitely understand criticisms about the portrayal of the Oxygen Destroyer in the film and the desire to replace it with something else (perhaps a more "suitable" replacement would be some sort of bioweapon a la the ANEB or some sort of souped-up nerve agent).

Personally I would have kept the Oxygen Destroyer intact, but I probably would have done more with it. Adding a line during the initial Senate hearings alluding to it's existence ("Over the past five years the military has developed experimental anti-Titan weaponry; now it is up to MONARCH to do it's duty and disclose the location of these Titans so they may be dealt with before they can pose any further danger to public safety" or something like that) would have helped. You could then have Serizawa arguing against their usage not only because he believes the Titans are beneficial to the environment, but because he believes the fallout of such new weapons might poison environments for years to come and even potentially start a new arms race ("if they can kill a Titan, what's to stop them from being used to kill entire countries?").

As I've seen some people criticize MONARCH for not "simply" killing off the Titans in their sleep before the events of the film could happen (the argument goes something like even if they couldn't kill Ghidorah they could have at least destroyed the other Titans and mitigated the effects of his eventual rampage) I would have also added a line in which Serizawa argues against attempts to eliminate the Titans on the grounds that he's not sure if they can be killed by human means, and that trying to destroy them could very well simply wake them up and cause them to go on the very destructive rampages the military was trying to prevent. There was a line in the book to this effect, but it was in buried in a later scene.

Later, after the Oxygen Destroyer detonates in the Gulf of Mexico and seemingly kills Godzilla we get a scene between Serizawa and Stenz on Castle Bravo where it is revealed that (aside from failing to harm Ghidorah) the weapon has worked too well; instead of merely "killing everything in a two-mile radius" it has contaminated a large swath of the Gulf, effectively turning it into a dead sea. Serizawa is furious, telling Stenz that not only have his actions directly resulted in perhaps the largest man-made ecological disaster in history, but by killing Godzilla humanity and all other life on Earth now has no defense against the ravages of Ghidorah and his army of Titans. "Had you simply waited a while, Godzilla would have defeated Ghidorah and we would not be in this situation!" Stenz tries to defend his actions, saying that he was only following orders and claiming that "no one could have known what was going to happen" before Serizawa matter-of-factly reminds him that he had predicted this very outcome during the Senate hearing. Stenz quietly concedes this point to Serizawa, and both men return to their duties before Mothra arrives and everyone learns Godzilla is really alive.

Later during the end credits news montage it is revealed that despite the ability of the Titans to restore devastated ecosystems the Gulf of Mexico remains contaminated by the OD's fallout; as a result the economies of the region are in ruins, with the fishing and tourism industries all but wiped out. Conclude with something teasing an eventual appearance by Destoroyah.

And I also agree that I would have kept Graham alive, Sally Hawkins was definitely underutilized in this film. Graham having to tell her beloved sensei goodbye before his ultimate sacrifice could have been a really emotional moment, and she could succeed Serizawa as the effective "face" of Monarch in the Monsterverse.

Also, I would have fleshed out Jonah a bit more. Go into how his experiences in Bosnia colored his view of humanity; given the time frame in which he served and where he served he was almost certainly a witness to Srebrencia and the numerous other ethnic cleansings and massacres that occured in the Yugoslav Wars. It would definitely be understandable for a man who had witnessed some of the worst warfare and genocides Europe had seen since the end of World War II to develop misanthropic viewpoints.

I'd also retain the murder of Jonah's daughter, Lilly, from the novel as his final tipping point into insanity, but also tie it into his experiences in Bosnia as well. Like, say that one one of his deployments he found an orphaned teenage Bosniak girl and chose to adopt her and raise her as his own daughter. The two grew close, but soon Jonah is once again called away on deployment. While he is away, his adopted daughter is kidnapped and later found murdered. His anguish over his daughter's death and the police's apparent inability to find any answers soon turns to rage when he realizes that the investigation into her murder is intentionally being obstructed by local authorities as part of the Rotherham scandal. Already deeply misanthropic and disillusioned, this final betrayal by the country he had given so much for finally pushes him over the edge into outright terrorism. He now seeks to use the Titans to tear down the corrupt world order and wipe humanity off the face of the Earth so that he and his "chosen few" may form a society free from the problems that so plagued the old human race, "under the watchful eyes of the first gods." I'd also keep the scenes from the novel where he threatens Madison to keep Emma in line intact (at least one viewer I know somehow left feeling that "Madison was never in any real danger from the ecoterrorists").

And like others have suggested, I'd definitely modify some scenes to make Madison having been misled by her mother about the true cost of her plan more credible. Like someone suggested, having the scene where the terrorists seize the Mothra outpost be a more "quiet" takeover, or at least have Jonah wait until Madison is out of earshot to execute the captured MONARCH scientists. Little things like that, so it's more apparent that Emma misled Madison about the true cost of her plan to free the Titans, or that Madison was only ever reluctantly going along with her mother's plan and the realization that so many people are going to die turns her completely against it.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Would have rearranged different parts of the movie, Rodan should have been released before we saw anything regarding Mothra.
The Oxygen Destroyer should have been displayed during the Senate hearing or removed all together. Sure we know it's devastating effects from the 1954 film but General Audiences do not... Instead they just said they were working on this new weapon fired it and dead fish came up. Sure Godzilla ''died'' but that could have been a very tense moment and instead seemed like a throw-a-way moment. As was the entire Senate hearing itself.

Everything regarding Dr Serizawa sacrificing himself to Godzilla rising was brilliant and should have had more moments like that.
Ghidorah roaring on-top of the mountain should have been detailed longer with the other titans arising and even should have shown Skull-crawlers on Skull Island causing havoc.

The final battle was good but should have been the two parents arguing was annoying, then Ghidorah chasing her in car for a moment reminded me to much of G-1998 and that should have been removed. She should have just stayed with the orca as they flew off and as Ghidorah approached ''Long live the King'' and the Fire Godzilla sequence.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Right off the bat, I'd make Rodan the same height as Godzilla, 393 feet (119.8764 meters) tall, and with a wingspan of 2,223 feet (677.5704 meters). His design would be mostly the same, except the chest/torso. I'd make that part more prominent and spikier, like the Toho designs. His roar would be revamped to sound more like the Toho Rodan's roar, the roar they went with doesn't sound much like his previous incarnations' roars.

King Ghidorah's design would also be mostly the same, although I'd make him a brighter and less dull shade of gold, add crescent shaped horns on his cranium as a nod to the Showa and Rebirth of Mothra III Ghidorahs, add a series of quill-like spines around his necks to emulate the Showa version's manes, and make his Gravity Beams sound more like the SFX for the Showa version's Gravity Beams.

Mothra would be made much, much bigger. If she's currently 52 feet (15.8496 meters) tall, I'd quadruple her size to be 208 feet (63.3984 meters) tall with a wingspan of 3,212 feet (979.016 meters). Her legs, while still the same length, would be a lot hairier, and her wings' color patterns would more closely resemble her Toho counterparts.

Rodan would have a fight scene with Godzilla, and he would later team up with Godzilla and Mothra to take down King Ghidorah in the final battle.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Have the Oxygen Destroyer be mentioned beforehand and have it be told to us what the overall effect of it was (I hope they mention this in GvK).

Show in a better manner the worldwide reaction (public and from governments) of the San Francisco aftermath and discovery of these new Titans.

Show more of Washington D.C. Also show reactions of everyday people witnessing the attacks (like Rodan’s emergence).
Long Live The King

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Ok, so, some notes on how I would handle the monsters, starting with:

King Ghidorah

- Able to both wingwalk and stay upright
- Height of 600 feet (182,88 meters) when wingwalking. 730 feet (222,504 meters) when fully upright. 960 feet (292,608 meters) in lenght when wingwalking. 2790 feet (850,392 m) from wingtip to wingtip
- His design would be a blend between the canon one, and some fanon ones like this
Or this
- He would have 6 eyes per head, three on each side, and each capable of independent movement. Certainly would add to his 'personality' while still giving the alien vibe
- Alan Jonah and such, instead of simply being eco terrorists that set him free, are a Lovecraftnian like cult that worship him as a deity, and indoctrinated Emma into their ways to set their lord free
- He would be resting on an artificial dome created by him, which, as a callback to ROM III, he would use to trap his prey in
- His goal would be to consume all the energy from the lifeforms of the planet. He would first start with Kaiju, and then move on to Humans and what not.
- Despite that, he would still be an evil bastard that enjoys the suffering he causes, hunting Madison all around the world in a Cat n' Mouse game
- His abilities would be extended to have some more stuff, like being able to electrically charge his physical attacks etc
- He would kill 5 of the Titans, Emma Rusell and Alan Jonah
- Maybe will add some more stuff later on
Last edited by Manuelito Canelito on Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I would insinuate that the same tech that is being used to create Mecha King Ghidorah is also being used on Bryan Cranston to bring him back as Jet Jaguar.

Instead of the monsters bowing at him, I would have Godzilla do his victory dance from Invasion of The Astro-Monster.

I would also include a scene of rock throwing.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:I would insinuate that the same tech that is being used to create Mecha King Ghidorah is also being used on Bryan Cranston to bring him back as Jet Jaguar.

Instead of the monsters bowing at him, I would have Godzilla do his victory dance from Invasion of The Astro-Monster.

I would also include a scene of rock throwing.
I concur.

They also should’ve had Godzilla flying during that scene where he is dropped from the atmosphere in order to create a character arch; a monster who’s only terrestrial now joining the others in the heavens. Quite poetic indeed.
Long Live The King

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

I would keep it almost the same, but I wouldn't cut away from the final fight, I'd show more footage of the new Titans, I'd include a sequence showing Ghidorah and Rodan destroying Washington, and I'd dedicate more time to the Oxygen Destroyer.
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God, G16 looks like he just walked in on his wife cheating on him with another man, and the zip tie is the only thing holding him back from killing the both of them."

-ArchdukeSquidlyIII

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Gerdzerl wrote:Right off the bat, I'd make Rodan the same height as Godzilla, 393 feet (119.8764 meters) tall, and with a wingspan of 2,223 feet (677.5704 meters). His design would be mostly the same, except the chest/torso. I'd make that part more prominent and spikier, like the Toho designs. His roar would be revamped to sound more like the Toho Rodan's roar, the roar they went with doesn't sound much like his previous incarnations' roars.

King Ghidorah's design would also be mostly the same, although I'd make him a brighter and less dull shade of gold, add crescent shaped horns on his cranium as a nod to the Showa and Rebirth of Mothra III Ghidorahs, add a series of quill-like spines around his necks to emulate the Showa version's manes, and make his Gravity Beams sound more like the SFX for the Showa version's Gravity Beams.

Mothra would be made much, much bigger. If she's currently 52 feet (15.8496 meters) tall, I'd quadruple her size to be 208 feet (63.3984 meters) tall with a wingspan of 3,212 feet (979.016 meters). Her legs, while still the same length, would be a lot hairier, and her wings' color patterns would more closely resemble her Toho counterparts.
Now that I think about it, I would probably make similar size changes too. Though I'd make Rodan a little smaller, 289 feet/88.0872 meters with a 1,752 feet/534 meter wingspan.

I'd also probably make KG bigger as well so that he'd really tower over Godzilla. Around 646 feet/197 meters standing upright with necks bent. His wingspan would be a colossal 4,378 feet/1334 meters.

The Mothra changes you gave would be perfect as she sounds wayyy too small in the official height, Though I do have a suspicion that the official height given is her standing on six legs as opposed to being upright or her actual body length. (She does NOT look 52 feet to me) I'd keep the hairy legs too. I would however, keep her wing patterns the same as now.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Rodan

- Like Ghidorah, would both wingwalk (with his launching into the air method being the same as a pterosaur) and be able to stand upright
- Height of 307 feet (93,57 meters) and wingspan of 1742 feet (530, 96 meters)
- Basically the same design, but his wingwalking posture would be like Matt Frank's concept
- He would be an Alpha Titan just like the rest
- He would first fight Godzilla in the opening scene of the movie, being awakened by mining operations of sulfur in Isla de Mara, Mexico
- Just like Deathwing or Moltres, one of his abilites would include being able to set his wings on fire, which, combined with the hurricane like winds he produces just by flying, would allow him to create veritable fire storms that would calcinate everything on the adjoining areas
- He would be able to achieve hypersonic+ speeds, faster than any human aircraft ever constructed
- After Ghidorah is awakened, he goes to fight him, and while initially he briefly holds his own, he's quickly overwhelmed and steamrolled, only surviving because just as Ghidorah was about to finish him, Godzilla arrives.
- He was worshipped by the ancient inhabitants of the island as "The One Born in Fire",with the fertile volcanic soil for agriculture being considered his blessing
- After his defeat against Ghidorah, Rodan flees and enters a coma like state inside another volcano in South America, absorbing and feeding on the geothermal radiation of the volcano until he remerges later on
- In the end, he would fight against Ghidorah alongside Godzilla and Mothra
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Part 1: Kaiju
GODZILLA
  • Godzilla looks basically the same, except for the fact that his spines have white tips.
  • He is slimmer and faster. Not that much faster or slimmer than 2014, obviously.
  • His roar starts with the Showa shriek and ends with the guttural end of the 2014 roar.
  • When he is in Fire form, his spines start spewing out smoke.
RODAN
  • Rodan's torso spikes are more prominent and there are two spikes at the base of his beak like in the showa era.
  • He can push air through his mouth, creating what could be called a sort of wind breath weapon. After Ghidorah becomes the new alpha, this attack is replaced by the uranium heat beam.
  • Instead of being in Isla de Mara, Rodan resides in the Mauna Loa volcano.
GHIDORAH
  • Ghidorah looks more like modernized Showa than Modernized Heisei, with manes, two side horns, and a crescent horn.
  • He can use his tails as maces in combat.
Part 2: Plot

In the opening scene, there will be more fire and smoke around to portray Godzilla as evil in Mark's eyes.
The Mothra scene goes the same.
During the senate hearing, the Oxygen Destroyer is hinted at by Stenz.
In Castle Bravo, we can see Margygr.
There is another Argo called the Odyssey.
The Antarctica scene goes mostly the same as canon, but Godzilla doesn't climb back out of the ice, but rather blows up the ground below Monster Zero with his atomic breath and causes him to fly off.
Dr. Graham survives.
In Mexico, Rodan uses his wind breath to destroy jets.
The flaming giant attacks relentlessly against Ghidorah, almost beating him until he gets hit with gravity beams.
When Godzilla ambushes Ghidorah, he is able to blow off Ghidorah's middle head. The remaining two bite down on Godzilla's gills and shocked them.
When the Oxygen Destroyer hits, we see Godzilla start to "die". As Ghidorah regenerates his head while flying out of the water, Godzilla watches before passing out.
We get to see more of the titans, while still through the news. Highlights include Methuselah stomping through Berlin, Rodan destroying the Odyssey in Honolulu, and Mokele-Mbembe destroying Khartoum.
When Serizawa goes into the hollow earth, he gives his notes to Graham instead of Mark.
Mothra spits silk at Rodan's mouth, tying it shut, before blinding him with her god rays.
After Mothra gets obliterated, Ghidorah attempts to absorb some of her energy by eating it.
Emma gets vaporized with the ORCA before the first nuclear pulse goes off.
Godzilla's finishing nuclear pulse is replaced by his spiral ray.
Ghidorah's eyes are melted by Godzilla's atomic breath when the latter does the reverse Kiss of Death, making energy come out of his eye sockets.
Instead of dropping down in front of Godzilla, Rodan ambushes the new alpha, slashing his gills with his talons from behind.
Rodan is the last to bow instead of the first.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

My last post was a revision of KOTM. Today, I made a complete rewrite from scratch. Click here to read it.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Wait someone criticize MONARCH for not killing the monsters in their sleep? Did they not pay attention to the movie? Missiles hit them and they don't give a fuck.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Living Corpse wrote:Wait someone criticize MONARCH for not killing the monsters in their sleep? Did they not pay attention to the movie? Missiles hit them and they don't give a skreeonk.
Where'd you hear that?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Wait someone criticize MONARCH for not killing the monsters in their sleep? Did they not pay attention to the movie? Missiles hit them and they don't give a skreeonk.
Where'd you hear that?
The first post at the top of this page.

Mr_Krenicboy
Samurai

Post by Mr_Krenicboy »

Maybe less than 17 other Titans running amok around the world. Maybe 13 max or 8.
Making as: Rodan, Mothra, Behemoth, Godzilla, Ghidorah, Scylla, Methuselah, Baragon & Anguirus. Stretching it: Titanosaurus, Gorosaurus, Mokele & Maguma

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

(Yes, I'm rewriting KOTM again. This time, certain concepts from the canon KOTM have been kept and I've tried to make this match the tone of G14.)

The film opens with a beach in the daytime. Cut to a cave wall with art of the Warner Brothers logo surrounded by humans and moths. The camera cuts back to the shore, something stirring in the nearby ocean. Then, we see the Legendary Pictures logo, covered in burning spots, floating in space. Back to the beach, the camera is even closer to the ocean. Suddenly, a giant splash erupts from the water, almost covering the entire frame. The camera pans up quickly, revealing that a male MUTO has jumped out of the ocean. Part of an unactivated nuke gets dropped out of the parasite's mouth. He lets out a mating call, unbothered by the humans below. The camera pans to the right, revealing that something else is rising from the water. A guttural growl alerts the MUTO right before Godzilla (who is now countershaded and has Toho-like feet) lunges out of the water. Cut to an uncut crane/drone shot slowly moving towards the two Titans. The male MUTO tries to fight back but his opponent is too powerful. Godzilla rips the parasite's wing off and beats him with it. Before the insect-like Titan can recover and retreat, the King of the Monsters ends it all with a single stomp to the head.

The camera zooms out to reveal that what we just saw was a televised news broadcast. Ever since the Battle of San Fran, Godzilla has rarely appeared on land, but when he has, he's usually battling another Titan. Due to monsters being out in the open, the bulk of Monarch's information has been revealed to the public. Some people think that they benefit the planet but others want them dead. Regardless of their purpose, the Titans have changed humanity's perception of the world.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

A group of Monarch operatives are introduced, currently investigating a small island between Indonesia and Japan. Although carnivorous plants exist on the island, it is made clear that it is not as dangerous as Skull Island. They encounter a pacifist civilization that lives there and are led to a temple. To their suprise, a giant silk cocoon is laying on a pedestal with two priestesses singing to it. It is learned that inside the cocoon, there is a goddess of peace. One of the operatives notices a chalk painting of a moth, a bird, and what looks like Godzilla standing off against a burning rock. But before further research can be made, a loud screech echoes from the now-glowing cocoon. The natives, including the priestesses, run outside. In the sky, the clouds are forming into abstract shapes never seen before. Something's wrong.

On Moansta Island, a mountain starts to collapse. Suddenly, two wings burst out of the base of the mountain, blasting debris in all directions. And then, the peak explodes, revealing a giant pterosaur-like Titan with brown skin and a short beak. The monster lands on the nearby ground before looking for food. Upon not finding anything, the Titan goes to the nearest landmass: Sydney. Sirens immediately go off but there's no time for the civilians to run. Extremely strong winds follow the pterosaur, destroying buildings and lifting humans into the air. Meanwhile, Monarch classifies it as Rodan and assesses possible weakspots. A jet squadron attacks Rodan, aggravating it. The avian Titan chases after the aircrafts, taking two out with a concentrated blast of air from its mouth. Another plane gets taken out by Rodan's beak. Eventually, it destroys every jet but one. Rodan's wind breath grazes the singular vehicle, causing the pilot to start losing control. The airborne kaiju opens its mouth to eat the jet when suddenly, Godzilla lunges out of the ocean and tackles it.

Rodan backs up, roaring at its new opponent. Godzilla roars back before charging into battle. The pterosaur dodges but a tail swipe knocks it to the ground. Godzilla prepares his atomic breath but Rodan blasts him in the face with multiple gusts of air. By the time the reptilian Titan can recover, his opponent has disappeared. Suddenly, he gets knocked over from behind by Rodan. The battle continues as the pterosaur uses the wind caused by its flight to disorient Godzilla. He retaliates by getting back up quickly and digging his spines in Rodan's stomach. However, the armor on the pterosaur blocks it and allows it to continue fighting. Eventually, Godzilla lands a good hit on Rodan with the atomic breath, causing Rodan to fly away. The King of the Monsters tries to give chase but his opponent is too fast. Monarch's reinforcement watch as Godzilla dives back into the sea.

Timeskip to the next day. Monarch has discovered that Rodan is a female member of a reptilian superspecies that primarily feasted on Shinomura cells. The main characters debate on what to do. Eventually, the island cocoon is brought up and Monarch starts wondering if they could hatch the Titan inside prematurely and see if it could help them find and neutralize Rodan. But before they can plan further, objects start floating. Soon, the people in the room follow suit. The news suddenly change subject from Rodan to something even more deadly; a black-and-orange celestial body half the size of the Moon is entering Earth's orbit. Meanwhile, Godzilla is swimming in the Pacific Ocean, a whale carcass in his mouth. The Titan suddenly stops before looking up at the sky. It's cloudless and black, despite it not being night yet. Godzilla's expression immediately changes from confused to angered and he starts heading for the anomaly.

At the Monarch base, gravity abruptly goes back to normal.

TO BE CONTINUED. (WIP)
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

ACT I:

We open on a house in the middle of the woods in Colorado; in the early morning, Emma Russel sitting next to Maddie as they watch a Live Television broadcast of the populace of San Francisco gathering and mourning the victims of those who died in the final battle of San Francisco; as this happens, we trigger a flashback to the events of Godzilla (2014), where we see Emma and Mark watch with horror as, in the middle of the city, Godzilla and the male MUTO battle right past them before they traverse to the ruined neighborhood where they used to live, foreshadowing a more revealing flashback that will occur later. As the news broadcast goes on, old video footage of Godzilla plays, causing Emma to stare at it with an obvious expression of seething rage. Maddie breaks down crying and Emma comforts her. However, as they share their tender moment, their house is broken into by Alan Jonah and his terrorists, who takes them to Outpost 32; Emma, due to Alan using Maddie as leverage, is forced to use a device only she knows how to use--the Orca--to scan the bioacoustics of a frozen Kaiju dormant in the ice. As this happens, Maddie looks out to view upon a three-headed dragon-like shadow... ... ...

Cue stock footage of Godzilla (2014) and "Godzilla Main Title" and roll opening credits Kong: Skull Island-style.

GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS

We cut to Outpost 61 in China; another Monarch study facility is headed by Houston Brooks. Powerful tremors and angelic calls echo through the Temple of the Moth as the second head of Monarch, Vivienne Graham, storms in to view the phenomenon; they all watch with awe as Mothra hatches from her egg. The scene plays out almost identical to how it did in the actual movie, with Mark using the ORCA to calm Mothra instead of Emma. No terrorist attacks. But even while calmed, Mothra still becomes very frantic and visibly anxious, constantly looking about and chirping. It's clear something has her riled up.

Meanwhile, we cut to Outpost 54, where we witness a more-or-less identical moment of Godzilla showing up and giving his "intimidation display" before rapidly departing. Rick Stanton confirms Godzilla is headed for Antarctica. Serizawa calls Vivienne and informs her of the situation, who in turn informs Mark; as a result, she and Mark depart while Houston continues to monitor the still-docile Mothra's activities. After rejoining Serizawa, Illene, Rick and Sam, they, alongside a military escort lead by Colonel Foster and a Brigadier General Gareth Dougherty (an original character of mine and an obvious reference), head out to Outpost 32. Illene, through cave paintings and an ancient scripture discovered from ancient Japan, relays the backstory and identity of "Monster Zero" to the rest of the cast; a three-headed dragon who fell from the stars and purged the world into a total apocalypse, singlehandedly killing men and Gods alike before a "Great Dragon of the Sea" finally put his terrible reign to an end. In this myth, the creature goes by a name only ever written once once, as if its name must at all costs avoid being spoken: Kingu Gidora. Thus, MONARCH officially designates him as King Ghidorah.

At Outpost 32, Alan interrupts Emma in her scan of "Monster Zero's" bioacoustics and engages her in conversation, telling her that he read her file on how she left Monarch following the battle of San Francisco, and how he found her story most relatable. Thus, we see another flashback; in 2014, after Emma arrived at the devastated neighborhood, she and Mark went into the wreckage and found a hurt but still-living Maddie weeping over a dying, badly-injured Andrew, who got fatally wounded protecting Maddie. As their son passes away in Emma's arms, she looks to the distance upon hearing Godzilla roar as he throws the male MUTO across the cityscape; thus establishing her hatred for the Monster King (as a result, in my version it is Emma and not Mark who loathes Godzilla for the death of Andrew). After Godzilla defeated the MUTOs, Emma angrily quit Monarch without hesitation, and such a rift caused her and Mark to split up. Back to the present, Jonah tells her that he and she are more alike than she might realize, and promises her that the work she is partaking in will grant her wish: the death of Godzilla. As their conversation comes to an end, the ground quakes, and one of Jonah's personnel informs him that "Monster Zero" is beginning to show increasing signs of activity.

However, MONARCH arrives and breaks into Outpost 32, resulting in more or less the same scene as we got in the finished film; the only difference is that Vivienne and Serizawa follow Mark into the Outpost. When the standoff occurs, Maddie runs to Mark immediately, but Emma stands apart and is seemingly well and ready to press the button which will activate an ORCA signal which will surely wake King Ghidorah. At first, it seems Mark and Vivienne's warnings to not detonate the charges will go unheeded, despite Vivienne warning her about the apocalyptic truth of King Ghidorah. But then, Maddie tearfully begs for Emma to reconsider detonating the charges, pleading for her to just come back. For a long moment, Emma reflects as she looks between Maddie, Mark, and the frozen King Ghidorah. Then, she slowly, steadily begins to listen to her daughter's pleas and lower her hand.

Suddenly, one of Jonah's personnel attacks Colonel Foster from above; in the confusion, Jonah seizes his chance and grabs Emma's hand, pressing the button.

The signal activates, and the cast flees the same way as in the finished movie as the icy lair cracks and crumbles apart. Upon the crew reaching the surface, King Ghidorah rises from his shattered prison and gives chase. As most of the group gets in the Osprey to flee, a group of soldiers including General Dougherty, shoot at the three-headed monster to keep him at bay. The scene plays out just the same: Ghidorah bends down, sniffs them, smiles gleefully, before rearing back and incinerating them with his gravity beams.

The King of Terror returns his attention back to the now-airborne Osprey, but before he can shoot them out of the air he is interrupted by Godzilla bursting out of an icy cavern and storming to meet him. As the Osprey flees back to the USS Argo, Godzilla and King Ghidorah clash. There are no cutaways or teases; we show the fight from beginning to end. Despite Godzilla holding his own fairly well against his old rival, King Ghidorah handily beats Godzilla and blasts him down a fissure in the ice before blasting said fissure apart, burying the Monster King. As a massive Category 6 hurricane forms, King Ghidorah stands on top of the tallest mountain peak he can find, spreads his wings and cackles for all to hear; one by one, many Kaiju around the world begin to mass-awaken upon hearing Ghidorah's laughter.

ACT II:

The Argo sets course for Outpost 56 in Mt. Aso, Japan, where evacuations on the populace are being sped up due to an awakening Kaiju referred to in designations as "Titanus Radon" or more commonly, Rodan. Upon arrival, Rodan reawakens and stands atop the mountain; at the same time, the same Category 6 storm that encompassed King Ghidorah begins to change course and head for Japan. To prevent the Monster of the Skies from rampaging and wiping out the still-evacuating populace, Colonel Foster orders a squadron of jets to open fire on him, getting his attention. Enraged, Rodan takes flight and chases after the Argo, unknowingly being led right towards King Ghidorah. After obliterating the entire jet squadron in a scene more-or-less identical to the one in the finished film, Rodan comes face-to-three faces with King Ghidorah and fearlessly engages him in battle.

Once more, no cutaways; at first, surprisingly, Rodan holds the upper hand of the fight. But eventually, King Ghidorah manages to grab Rodan and flies all the way up above the clouds, before then proceeding to let loose his gravity beams and wing lighting all at once against Rodan's chest, blasting him all the way down to the water below where he crashes into Osaka Bay. King Ghidorah gives chase to the Argo, and nearly catches them before being ambushed and dragged into the water by Godzilla, who has recovered from his previous battle. Despite gaining an obvious advantage of being underwater and even managing to maul and blow Ghidorah's left head off with his atomic ray, Godzilla is shockingly beaten by the King of Terror and has his energy drained through the dragon's bite. Ghidorah regenerates his lost head; Godzilla apparently dies and sinks, much to Emma's satisfaction.

However, what happened next would change her perception on everything entirely.

As the crew of the Argo helplessly watches, King Ghidorah descends unto Osaka and sadistically turns his full, horrible power on the city. In a scene that strongly mirrors both Ghidorah's rampage scenes in Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster and the original Godzilla's rampage in Godzilla (1954), The King of Terror utterly destroys Osaka and leaves very little survivors, visibly laughing maniacally all the while, before descending to Rodan's former lair of Mt. Aso and releasing a powerful call heard around the world; upon its release, all Kaiju around the planet begin to rampage and destroy everything in their paths. King Ghidorah is finally distracted by an entire battalion of jets which open fire on him, causing him to give chase and depart Japan.

Meanwhile, back in Outpost 61, Mothra, who has cocooned, hatches in her Imago form and takes flight.

The crew touch down and see first hand the utter devastation left behind in King Ghidorah's wake, and it is unlike anything they have ever seen in the past. Traumatized, wounded and orphaned survivors are taken in and airlifted by rescue parties, to the witness of the crew. Emma is unable to bear the sight of the victims, and thus truly begins to see the full picture of the sheer difference between Godzilla and King Ghidorah. Immensely regretful of the part she played in allowing Ghidorah's reawakening, spends a long moment alone in the depths of the Argo, but is later joined by Maddie and Mark, who tell her it wasn't her fault. Maddie compares her mother's plight to how Andrew died protecting her back in 2014, and how Maddie sometimes believed that his death was all on the fault of herself. Mark goes as far as to tell Emma that the reason he stayed with Monarch while she didn't, was because he wanted to double down on finding answers to why the MUTOs, and subsequently Godzilla, had reawakened. The higher powers of humanity had been responsible for the reawakening of the MUTOs--just as they were now for the resurgence of King Ghidorah. In all truth, the real culprit of Andrew's death was not Godzilla or Maddie, but the arrogance of humanity and its capacity to destroy the natural world, to tamper with things that should've been left untouched. Upon this, however, they are then joined by Dr. Serizawa, who overheard their conversation; thus, to comfort them, he proceeds to tell them his "sometimes, the only way to heal old wounds is to make peace with the demons who created them" speech.

The USS Argo arrives at Outpost 54; upon their arrival, though, Mothra appears in the sky. Recognizing the Goddess of Infant Island, Illene relays her symbiotic relationship with Godzilla to everyone, causing Emma to order Rick to listen for a response to Mothra's calls; just like in the finished film, they thus find out that Godzilla is indeed still alive, but very weak. As a result, the crew boards a nuclear-powered submarine and descends down to the depths of the sea; like in the film, they accidently stumble upon the Hollow Earth, where they discover the undersea temple that Godzilla is resting in (unlike in the film, though, the temple is completely underwater and has no air-laden surface to walk on). With this discovery, the crew makes haste and retreats back to Outpost 54, where they grab and attach two nuclear missiles to the sub--however, detonating them is not their plan.

Wanting a chance to redeem herself for her past faults, Emma volunteers to deliver the warheads to Godzilla; after her family and the rest of the crew wish her good luck, she departs back into the Hollow Earth. Eventually driving the sub nearly face to face with Godzilla, Emma overcomes her demons once and for all and launches the torpedoes at the Monster King's jaws. Catching on, Godzilla summons the strength to lift his head, catching the missiles and devouring them. At first, it seems there are no effects; however, as time passes, Emma see's Godzilla's eyes and dorsal plates suddenly burst to light with newfound power, his wounds regenerating at a rapid pace due to the overload of radiation channeling through his body. Eying the sub, Godzilla suddenly swims forth and grabs it in his hands before taking it with him to the surface. As the crew waits on Outpost 54, Godzilla rises from the depths of the sea, and fires his atomic ray into the sky as a call to arms, and sure enough Mothra responds to his cries. Then, lumbering over to the dock of Outpost 54, Godzilla gently sets the submarine down. Emma climbs out and takes a moment to look the nuclear giant in the eye, sharing a moment of understanding with him before he then departs, and she is reunited with her family.

Meanwhile in Osaka Bay, a familiar winged limb rises out of the water.

ACT III

As the crew set to locating King Ghidorah, they find out that all Titans have ceased their rampages for the time being, seemingly knowing of Godzilla's return; furthermore, it is also discovered that more than a few entire cities have suffered the same fate as Osaka by now. Meanwhile, King Ghidorah is found out to be engaging the entire U.S. Navy and Air Force in the Atlantic Ocean by his lonesome, just off the coast of a now-abandoned Boston. Seizing the opportunity, the Argo flies to Boston, where Emma, Mark and Maddie activate the ORCA and broadcast a signal that is soon picked up by King Ghidorah. Ceasing his battle with the Navy and Air Force, the King of Terror arrives at Boston, where he is met with yet another resistance. Ghidorah all but crushes the competition, but just before he can kill the protagonists, a deafening SKREEEEOOOONK! is heard. Godzilla arrives, and King Ghidorah immediately sets to face him. With their purpose achieved, the protagonists board the Argo and proceed to leave for safer grounds. As Vivienne repeats Serizawa's old words "Let Them Fight", Godzilla and King Ghidorah rush one another and engage in their final battle.

At first, the two combatants are evenly matched; Godzilla is obviously stronger than before, and now possesses an indigo spiral ray (think back to Godzilla vs King Ghidorah) that he uses to pummel Ghidorah mercilessly; however, the One Who is Many gradually begins to regain the upper hand of the battle as it progresses. As a result, Mothra drops in and assails King Ghidorah with a glowing, reflective, highly poisonous powder released from her wings that stuns and temporarily paralyzes Ghidorah, allowing Godzilla to blast the pollen cloud and engulf Ghidorah in an explosion. However, the King of Terror survives the onslaught and fights back savagely, unleashing his wing lightning to badly injure both Kaiju. As they reel, an unexpected fourth combatant suddenly joins the melee: Rodan!

At first, the Giant Monster of the Skies ravenously attacks King Ghidorah in a blind rage, causing the King of Terror to grab him and throw him into Mothra. As the Queen of the Monsters recovers, however, Rodan suddenly turns his wrath on Mothra and engages her in battle, utterly driven insane by his loss and Ghidorah's "Alpha Call" from earlier. As Godzilla fights Ghidorah, Mothra fights Rodan and, after a lengthy and brutal battle, manages to defeat him and bring him to his senses. Like in the film, Ghidorah eventually grabs, airlifts, and drops Godzilla, but before he can finish him off, the badly injured Mothra attacks him with the last of her powder. Turning on the Goddess of Infant Island, the wounded Ghidorah grabs her in his jaws and prepares to kill her, but before he can do so he is attacked one last time by the now defected Rodan.

Meanwhile, Rick Stanton discovers that Godzilla's radiation levels are climbing to never-before-seen heights, and that in two minutes they will reach a level of critical mass.

Rodan duels savagely with King Ghidorah, tanking a lot of damage just like last time and avoiding many of his attacks due to his speed, forcing the King of Terror to rely on every last ounce of his power to finally beat him. Eventually, King Ghidorah manages to finally render Rodan out of commission; but before he can finish off the crippled Monster of the Skies, Mothra intervenes one last time. Ghidorah finally turns on her and blasts her apart with his gravity beams, killing her.

Before he can turn his attention on the defeated Rodan, however, a loud roar silences him. Godzilla, his eyes and crackling dorsal spines now flashing a scarlet red, returns to the combat. At first, Ghidorah blasts him with his gravity beams, but despite the damage they fail to put down the Monster King. With that, Godzilla unleashes his Red Spiral Ray, continuously blasting Ghidorah apart until his wings, left and right heads, and legs are gone. With the defiant Ghidorah all but helpless, Godzilla smashes his foot upon the dragon's chest before then unleashing a red nuclear pulse which engulfs a majority of Boston in a blinding rupture.

When it clears, the same outcome as the film takes place; Godzilla grabs Ghidorah's only remaining head and destroys it with one last Red Spiral Ray, edning the battle. Upon the King of Terror's death, the other Titans all converge on Godzilla, with Rodan the last to arrive. Rodan, free of Ghidorah's mental influence, acknowledges Godzilla with respect and bows to him, the other Kaiju following suit. Godzilla stands tall and roars, as the protagonists watch from afar, with Maddie labeling him the "King of the Monsters."

Roll first half of end credits; much like finished film, end it with cave paintings of Godzilla fighting King Kong.

After the first segment of credits is over, Alan Jonah and his personnel, having survived the incident, find Ghidorah's severed head from his aquatic battle with Godzilla, and purchase it just like in the film.'

Post credits; Vivienne Graham heads a Monarch expedition to a new location: now dubbed Outpost 55, in Siberia. As Maddie, Mark and Emma walk with her through the caverns discussing their latest find, the camera pans on a diagram showing a cave painting depicting Godzilla alongside a quadrupedal, spiky Ankylosaurus-like creature... ... ...

Visual Differences from the finished film:

Godzilla's size and design remains unchanged from the 2014 film.

Rodan's roar, while revamped, sounds far more akin to the Toho roar than what we got.

Rodan is roughly as tall as Godzilla (I don't personally have a problem with him being smaller than Godzilla in the finished film, but if I were doing this film I would've made him as tall as the Big G).

In every flashback to Godzilla (2014), the dark, bleak and gray color scale remains; there are no changes in texture or color made like in the finished film.

When Godzilla marches to meet King Ghidorah in his final battle in Boston, cue the Monster Zero March.

Well, this took hours to write! :lol: Anywho, this is a rough draft of how I personally would've done KOTM had I had the power to direct a movie to the way I envisioned it. I hope you guys liked it.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Simplify the plot (get rid of the McGuffin for one), half the amount of characters to give proper time to get to know the half that remain, eliminate 60-70% of the jokes and write actual funny jokes to replace the other 40-30%, rethink the action scenes with an emphasis on clarity and continuity...