Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Postby Destorogoji » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:00 am

My biggest fear is for the movie lacking any meaning or message just like the horrible KoTM did.
Even worse if it actually has some form of a message but it's just so badly executed it ends up being a pro-nuclear message just like KoTM was almost approaching :lol:

My other fear is just having idiot humans going around doing stupid things just like in KoTM or G14. Actually, the dumb human plot in G14 is the only real thing I dislike from that movie.

I'm not saying the human element in K:SI was grounbreaking, but Legendary and WB should really learn a lot from that film. Kong having an actual meaning just like Godzilla in 14 and a human-driven plot is what I'm expecting from GvK.

As for the monsters... I don't really care if it's just the two of them in the whole film or a complete kaiju army as long as they have an actual meaning. I don't even care if they just have a 5 min fight. As long as the execution is well done and the message is delivered, it's been proven before you can actually do that and still achieve greatness in your kaiju film (Gamera 3).
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LockBite
Interpol Agent

Postby LockBite » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:54 am

I hope they manage to maintain the sense of scale and weight to these creatures.

KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby KingKaiju » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:04 pm

king_ghidorah wrote:We know nothing about this film. You guys complaining about a team up not making sense because of a title need to relax and rethink some things.

Who's complaining? Everyone here is literally speculating about how this film would play out and whether or not that makes the title misleading.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:45 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:I mean I get the argument that some people would rather a team up happen in a later film and not this one, but depending on how things go this might be the last Monsterverse film and a chance for a team up might not happen till decades later. Did anyone ever think we'd see these two in a film together again? Like ever? I didn't, I thought the original King Kong vs Godzilla would forever be a one off thing. We've seen them fight, and I'm not against that, but I think if done right, a team up would be cool and if this is the only film we get to see that, so be it.

Exactly what I've been speculating as well actually. Thought I was the only one here.

What matters at this point is execution.

But regardless if team up happens in this movie or a later one, one thing must be made clear. There must be a winner. Which is why I'm expecting it to be 3 fights between the two. One where Kong wins, one where Godzilla wins, and the third is the best two out of three match.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”