Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by BlankAccount »

Rodan95 wrote: - night scenes being too dark
I still don't get why so many new films struggle with night scene visibility. Godzilla vs Biollante is as almost as old as I am and you can see just fine at night in that film, and it's 30 years old.

I hear digital camera struggle with darkness, so switch to film when filming a night scene, you can combine the footage later in editing.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:- no "tree" references :(
Would you settle for Kong eating electricity?

Absolutely :lol: Kong should be eating electricity and getting drunk on berry juice. We need a drunk fight between Kong and Godzilla.

#BringBackTheBerryJuice

Let's get it trending :lol:

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

That there will more G and K teaming up against MG or some other main antagonist and less actual fighting between Godzilla and Kong. At this point, it seems pretty much inevitable that they WILL INDEED team up at some point in the movie. I just hope it's only like 5 minutes or something because, ya know, it worked out sooooo good for Batman VS. Superman :?
Dedicated To Darkness..

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Kaeyas wrote:That there will more G and K teaming up against MG or some other main antagonist and less actual fighting between Godzilla and Kong. At this point, it seems pretty much inevitable that they WILL INDEED team up at some point in the movie. I just hope it's only like 5 minutes or something because, ya know, it worked out sooooo good for Batman VS. Superman :?
I don't want it either but complaining isn't gonna change a thing if there's anything I had learned. What happens happens. We have no control over it.

All we can hope for is execution. For example after doing so they simply part ways but don't become allies or anything.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Kaeyas wrote:That there will more G and K teaming up against MG or some other main antagonist and less actual fighting between Godzilla and Kong. At this point, it seems pretty much inevitable that they WILL INDEED team up at some point in the movie. I just hope it's only like 5 minutes or something because, ya know, it worked out sooooo good for Batman VS. Superman :?
I don't think Batman and Superman teaming up was an inherent problem with the movie. The fault rather lies in the way it's executed: both the way the new threat enters the story and the way that Batman and Superman resolve their initial conflict. In better hands a team up isn't a bad thing on its own.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

This is still to this day, the most bizarre reason to oppose Godzilla and Kong teaming up, this weird insinuation... - Batman v Superman did not perform awful critically and disappointingly at the box office because Batman and Superman teamed up. And it's incredibly weird that some people on this forum seem to think this

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

Moogabunga wrote:
This is still to this day, the most bizarre reason to oppose Godzilla and Kong teaming up, this weird insinuation... - Batman v Superman did not perform awful critically and disappointingly at the box office because Batman and Superman teamed up. And it's incredibly weird that some people on this forum seem to think this

My main point is, I want the focus to be on Godzilla and Kong fighting each other. If there is a team up (which again seems inevitable) I do not want it to take away from Godzilla and Kong's battles. I wasn't even saying I hate the notion of a Godzilla/Kong tag team. On the contrary, As a fan of both kaiju, it's the kind of things dreams are made of. My concern is the execution of it. If it's done right, it could be epic. Question is...WILL it be done right. As far as Batman VS. Superman goes (IMO of course), it was a mess of a movie. While I also agree that it wasn't the team up that ruined the movie, IMHO, the transition from foe to ally wasn't smooth and could have been much better. The movie did indeed have more issues that had nothing to do with the team up, however, many who liken or are reminded of it in not such a good light; won't be thinking it was subpar because of whatever other non-team up related reason. They'll just remember that it had a team up and wasn't a great movie. It's not logical reasoning but that's just how many of the general audience think. Us DIEHARD G fans make up a very small percentage of revenue. A prime example of this is KOTM. Once again, IMO, it was a great movie. Sure it had it's problems and wasn't perfect but as a fan, it was the kind of Godzilla movie I've waited for for many years. Still though, it underperformed at the box office, seemingly because it didn't appeal to the general audience as much as the fans but I digress. Believe it or not, I don't even hate BvS. I just think it's a "meh" movie. I want GvK to be a better film and do well enough for the Monsterverse to continue. Whether fair judgement or not, I don't want something as seemingly miniscule as a comparison of GvK to BvS to deter movie goers. Like everyone here, I love Godzilla and want the brand (both Legendary AND Toho) to be successful so we can continue getting movies. :)
Dedicated To Darkness..

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Kaeyas wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:

My main point is, I want the focus to be on Godzilla and Kong fighting each other. If there is a team up (which again seems inevitable) I do not want it to take away from Godzilla and Kong's battles. I wasn't even saying I hate the notion of a Godzilla/Kong tag team. On the contrary, As a fan of both kaiju, it's the kind of things dreams are made of. My concern is the execution of it. If it's done right, it could be epic. Question is...WILL it be done right. As far as Batman VS. Superman goes (IMO of course), it was a mess of a movie. While I also agree that it wasn't the team up that ruined the movie, IMHO, the transition from foe to ally wasn't smooth and could have been much better. The movie did indeed have more issues that had nothing to do with the team up, however, many who liken or are reminded of it in not such a good light; won't be thinking it was subpar because of whatever other non-team up related reason. They'll just remember that it had a team up and wasn't a great movie. It's not logical reasoning but that's just how many of the general audience think. Us DIEHARD G fans make up a very small percentage of revenue. A prime example of this is KOTM. Once again, IMO, it was a great movie. Sure it had it's problems and wasn't perfect but as a fan, it was the kind of Godzilla movie I've waited for for many years. Still though, it underperformed at the box office, seemingly because it didn't appeal to the general audience as much as the fans but I digress. Believe it or not, I don't even hate BvS. I just think it's a "meh" movie. I want GvK to be a better film and do well enough for the Monsterverse to continue. Whether fair judgement or not, I don't want something as seemingly miniscule as a comparison of GvK to BvS to deter movie goers. Like everyone here, I love Godzilla and want the brand (both Legendary AND Toho) to be successful so we can continue getting movies. :)
That's the thing! A team up just CAN'T be done right, it's too early. It's Godzilla Vs Kong, not Godzilla and Kong. There is no possible way a team up can be done without feeling forced or cliche'd. The general audiences are not idiots, the minute they see the two teaming up they'll go "knew it". Even if they fight after the team up, it would still just feel unneeded, they set aside their differences for a team up and fight right afterwards? It makes no sense. In no way does a team up work in this film.
Image Image

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

^^^Mmmhmmm I agree

No amount of pestering from the fanbase will ever convince me that a teamup, or even MechaGodzilla for that matter, was ever a logical addition to this movie.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Kk2005? Question.

Does Godzilla and Rodan teaming up in GTTHM feel forced or impossible to you?

Everything depends on execution. If you try to declare that something will be shit no matter what happens you're going to be setting yourself up for inevitable disappointment. Let the movie come out first.

Cliche doesn't necessarily mean bad. Sometimes cliche is good. Everyone saw Ironman's death coming in Endgame. Everyone knew they would use time travel to undo the snap. It was predictable, but the execution made it work.

Calm yer gosh darn titties.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Kk2005? Question.

Does Godzilla and Rodan teaming up in GTTHM feel forced or impossible to you?.
No. That's because the film wasn't called Godzilla Vs Rodan :lol:
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Kk2005? Question.

Does Godzilla and Rodan teaming up in GTTHM feel forced or impossible to you?.
No. That's because the film wasn't called Godzilla Vs Rodan :lol:
Just going to be honest, as poop as it was, seeing Batman and Superman team up, even though the film was called "Batman v. Superman"..was not forced. The reason why is pretty bad, but the concept alone and the idea of two people teaming up after fighting each other is nowhere near forced. Yet for some reason Godzilla and Kong teaming up is somehow incredibly forced? When you haven't even seen the film? Just saying i think you might wanna see what happens before calling this a mistake.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I've said it once and I'll say it again but complaining isn't gonna lead you anywhere nor change a thing.

Whatever happens in the movie happens and what matters at this point is execution. For example they defeat Mechagodzilla and after that rather then becoming allies or friends they simply part ways.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'm trying to avoid any leaks or rumors about this film and it's plots. However, from what I've seen, I just hope that the focus of this film is Godzilla and Kong fighting, and not pulling a Batman v Superman.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKaiju wrote:I'm trying to avoid any leaks or rumors about this film and it's plots. However, from what I've seen, I just hope that the focus of this film is Godzilla and Kong fighting, and not pulling a Batman v Superman.
I wouldn't mind it being purely fights between them or a team up, whatever film we get I just hope it's good. Cause if it sucks, does it really matter if it was just these two or a team up?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

One would argue if they do team up the movie probably should had been called Godzilla and Kong. Title wouldn't be so misleading then.

I think vs. in the title is why people are so torn about the idea of a team up and if it was and it wouldn't be.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

We know nothing about this film. You guys complaining about a team up not making sense because of a title need to relax and rethink some things.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I mean I get the argument that some people would rather a team up happen in a later film and not this one, but depending on how things go this might be the last Monsterverse film and a chance for a team up might not happen till decades later. Did anyone ever think we'd see these two in a film together again? Like ever? I didn't, I thought the original King Kong vs Godzilla would forever be a one off thing. We've seen them fight, and I'm not against that, but I think if done right, a team up would be cool and if this is the only film we get to see that, so be it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

This whole thing is a spoiler so...
Spoiler:
My biggest fear: MechaGodzilla. I am as excited for the return of MG as I am worried. I'm worried MechaGodzilla won't be a force to be rekoned with and won't be armed to the teeth with weapons. I don't want another Kiryu-like MG with just a handful of weaponry. I want MechaGodzilla where every part of him is a weapon, like Showa and Heisei. I want the unavoidable team up of Godzilla and Kong to just barely defeat him. I am also worried that MechaGodzilla won't be "the bad guy" but instead just something used by the bad guys that was made by "the good guys." I want a MechaGodzilla that is 100% designed to be the villain of the story. I know we'll probably never get an alien-made MG again, but at least we could get an MG that is specifically designed to kill Godzilla, Kong, the Titans and even wipe out humans if need be.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Living Corpse wrote:I mean I get the argument that some people would rather a team up happen in a later film and not this one, but depending on how things go this might be the last Monsterverse film and a chance for a team up might not happen till decades later. Did anyone ever think we'd see these two in a film together again? Like ever? I didn't, I thought the original King Kong vs Godzilla would forever be a one off thing. We've seen them fight, and I'm not against that, but I think if done right, a team up would be cool and if this is the only film we get to see that, so be it.
Exactly what I've been speculating as well actually. Thought I was the only one here.

What matters at this point is execution.