The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Guys how is this for the villain? An King Ghidorah-Destoroyah hybrid. ;)

Two of among Godzilla's powerful foes fused into one and to boot its an original/new monster at the same time. Can't argue with that.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Guys how is this for the villain? An King Ghidorah-Destoroyah hybrid. ;)

Two of among Godzilla's powerful foes fused into one and to boot its an original/new monster at the same time. Can't argue with that.
DEATH/DESGHIDORAH

It would be dumb but fine. In many ways I would actually prefer some strange hybrid to just repeats. This film pretty much got out all the fanservice, so I actually hope the next does something strange.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It would be dumb but fine. In many ways I would actually prefer some strange hybrid to just repeats. This film pretty much got out all the fanservice, so I actually hope the next does something strange.
I recall someone mentioning the possibility of an M.U.T.O./Skull Crawler hybrid as well. I'd be down for that one too.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Villain of the next movie? Mechagodzilla.
Long Live The King

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Hokmuto wrote:Villain of the next movie? Mechagodzilla.
That’s what we’ve been lead to believe which makes the Kg head scene baffling.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Guys I think we're forgetting the most obvious idea that could happen

Ghidorah comes back, and takes his army of titans back, except now with no ORCA, there's nothing stopping his army. Which means

Godzilla and Kong DESTROY ALL MONSTERS

Godzilla, Kong, potentially Mothra and Rodan, vs Ghidorah and like 10 other kaiju would be INSANE.

(Though I do agree with the Ghidorah = Destoroyah idea)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

End credits of KOTM hint at Mecha-Godzilla
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

_JNavs_ wrote:Guys I think we're forgetting the most obvious idea that could happen

Ghidorah comes back, and takes his army of titans back, except now with no ORCA, there's nothing stopping his army. Which means

Godzilla, Kong, potentially Mothra and Rodan, vs Ghidorah and like 10 other kaiju would be INSANE.

Imagine a monarch official announcing "Something has entered the atmosphere"

GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKaiju wrote:They got Ghidorah's head, and mentioned earlier in in the film that the Titan DNA could be altered. Ghidorah cells + Godzilla cells... BAM! BAGAN!!!! Tanaka rooooollin in his grave!
Normally I'd say bullshit cause who in Hollywood even knows about Bagan, but since we have hardcore fans working on these films....

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Some injects Ghidorah's dna and becomes Monster X.
Last edited by Monster X on Fri May 31, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Guys I think we're forgetting the most obvious idea that could happen

Imagine a monarch official announcing "Something has entered the atmosphere"

:lol: :lol:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

While I honestly don't think that's implausible, I don't think they're gonna have Ghidorah be the main villain for two films in a row.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

As much as I love the aliens from this franchise, it would be more interesting if Dance's character and team remained a group of bad people. It would be humanity's fault that all this continues to happen.

So I heard in the credits it says someone claims Monarch is creating a "Metal Behemoth"? Could be anything, I would kill for Mechani-Kong :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Moogabunga wrote:

While I honestly don't think that's implausible, I don't think they're gonna have Ghidorah be the main villain for two films in a row.
So with all this talk of the "Metal Behemoth" on Skull Island, it kinda fits my previous idea of Monarch building a Mech-like Scarecrow of Godzilla, to fend off invading Titans. I don't know how they'd incorporate a mech as the villain of GvK, Since Godzilla and Kong are both powerhouses.

I'm thinking Ghidorah hybrid/MechaG are looking like the next 2 villains for GvK and G3.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 31, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

My friend was joking around and his craziest outlandish theory was that Charles Dance is an alien and is part of the reason Ghidorah is on Earth and the big reveal in Godzilla vs. Kong will be that he's an Xilien.

He was obviously joking but I honestly would be okay with this. Just go all out and bring in the aliens. The only thing really supporting it is the fact that Dance assures one of the mercenaries that mother nature had nothing to do with creation of Ghidorah. Of course with access to Monarch files he would know that Ghidorah's an alien but again this isn't serious and it's fun to think about.

All dumb theories aside, I can see Dance and his weaponization of Titans being saved for a Godzilla 3 but until we know more about Godzilla vs. Kong is hard to see.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I think there will be an original monster in GvK
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GalacticPetey wrote:My friend was joking around and his craziest outlandish theory was that Charles Dance is an alien and is part of the reason Ghidorah is on Earth and the big reveal in Godzilla vs. Kong will be that he's an Xilien.

He was obviously joking but I honestly would be okay with this. Just go all out and bring in the aliens. The only thing really supporting it is the fact that Dance assures one of the mercenaries that mother nature had nothing to do with creation of Ghidorah. Of course with access to Monarch files he would know that Ghidorah's an alien but again this isn't serious and it's fun to think about.

All dumb theories aside, I can see Dance and his weaponization of Titans being saved for a Godzilla 3 but until we know more about Godzilla vs. Kong is hard to see.
If we get Dance wearing Xilien sunglasses the film willl be a 10/10 for me.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:My friend was joking around and his craziest outlandish theory was that Charles Dance is an alien and is part of the reason Ghidorah is on Earth and the big reveal in Godzilla vs. Kong will be that he's an Xilien.

If we get Dance wearing Xilien sunglasses the film willl be a 10/10 for me.
Add an iteration of the "happy moment" line for him to say and you got an oscar worthy masterpiece. Goddamnit now I need to see this visualized :lol:

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Godzilla, Kong, and Mechagodzilla vs. Bagan.

Maybe Mothra and Rodan return as well

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gothicserpent wrote:I think there will be an original monster in GvK
At this point I feel like the Monsterverse has made enough original monsters that even if they no longer have the rights to Godzilla & other Toho monsters and King Kong some point after GvsK, they can continue the Monsterverse films with their original monsters. Though I still hope we get Gamera, Godzilla and King Kong standing next to one another in one film before then.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri May 31, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.