SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505

Do you want to see the classic SpaceGodzilla brought into the Monsterverse Universe?

Poll ended at Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Yes, I want to see SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse!
49%
No.
51%

Total votes: 35

NSZ
E.S.P.Spy

Re: SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

Postby NSZ » Sat May 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Vakanai wrote:
NSZ wrote:
My Corns Hurt wrote:He's the best designed monster

He's a DeviantArt OC.

Your point? He's a spacey clone of Godzilla, he has to look like Godzilla but different, kind of limits options. I think Toho did an excellent job of that. Although if he's ever brought back I hope they make him seem a bit more alien. Extra eyes, maybe another set of scrawny vestigial arms, tentacles on his back, something. But for the premise and the limitations of having to make a practical suit, Toho did alright. I think the people who think he's some deviantart oc were against the idea of a space twin of Godzilla to begin with and probably wouldn't have been happy no matter the design Toho produced. At least that's always been the sentiment I got.

Amazing. It's like you only read my reply and not what I was replying to.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Sat May 25, 2019 1:24 pm

NSZ wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
NSZ wrote:
He's a DeviantArt OC.

Your point? He's a spacey clone of Godzilla, he has to look like Godzilla but different, kind of limits options. I think Toho did an excellent job of that. Although if he's ever brought back I hope they make him seem a bit more alien. Extra eyes, maybe another set of scrawny vestigial arms, tentacles on his back, something. But for the premise and the limitations of having to make a practical suit, Toho did alright. I think the people who think he's some deviantart oc were against the idea of a space twin of Godzilla to begin with and probably wouldn't have been happy no matter the design Toho produced. At least that's always been the sentiment I got.

Amazing. It's like you only read my reply and not what I was replying to.

Meh, I never read what someone's quoted, figure I already read it once unquoted, and any flack I might end up catching for it still takes up less time than rereading stuff. Like we don't all take shortcuts online. :P
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

KingKong2005
G-Grasper

Postby KingKong2005 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:11 pm

I feel like the only way you can make SpaceGodzilla REALLY work in the Monsterverse well is by firstly, properly building him up what with Godzilla and King Ghidorah and any monsters cells ending up in space. Secondly, you would need to SERIOUSLY shroud his origin in mystery. Third, realistically show he can levitate and fly. This is the biggest part that makes him cheezy, so if there can be a way to animate his movements when flying to look believable and to scientifically explain this enough, he could work. But this has to be a few movies after, it's too soon now for SpaceGodzilla.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat May 25, 2019 2:14 pm

He works for animated films, Toho films and Comics. The best way you could add SG to the MV is if he is literally the most grotesque thing you've ever seen, barely recognizable as SG, if anything give this creature a similar origin so we can say "This Titan is an homage".

Aliens would look so different in the MV, since IRL aliens from galaxies away would likely look absolutely nothing like anything we could possibly comprehend. I mean yeah movie magic and the power of plot convenience could have him look like Godzilla, but that's pushing the envelope into uncanny territory.
Sith Apprentice.

KingKong2005
G-Grasper

Postby KingKong2005 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:34 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:He works for animated films, Toho films and Comics. The best way you could add SG to the MV is if he is literally the most grotesque thing you've ever seen, barely recognizable as SG, if anything give this creature a similar origin so we can say "This Titan is an homage".

Aliens would look so different in the MV, since IRL aliens from galaxies away would likely look absolutely nothing like anything we could possibly comprehend. I mean yeah movie magic and the power of plot convenience could have him look like Godzilla, but that's pushing the envelope into uncanny territory.

I mean I do want him to be pretty grotesque, but not to stray too far away from that fan art. The multiple eyes seems really dope.
Image Image Image Image Image Image

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat May 25, 2019 2:38 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:He works for animated films, Toho films and Comics. The best way you could add SG to the MV is if he is literally the most grotesque thing you've ever seen, barely recognizable as SG, if anything give this creature a similar origin so we can say "This Titan is an homage".

I mean I do want him to be pretty grotesque, but not to stray too far away from that fan art. The multiple eyes seems really dope.

It does, and he looks like he'd have a skittish, almost rat-like behavior to him, always twitching. If they go that route (I'd rather them not but if I had to make it work), I wouldn't want them to hold back, have SG literally go "The Thing" on Godzilla and have his entire chest cavity explode into weird vine like tendrils and just dig into Godzilla.

If he does float, I don't want it explained, I want a First person POV shot from the people closest to him, to see his feet slowly rise from the ground MOS style, and everyone needs to be skreeonking terrified.

He'd also need to be unnaturally quick, to compete with the brute nature of Godzilla. I could see him dodging blows unnaturally. Almost like there's no bones inside him.

Basically make the film a Sci-Fi horror film, that'd be new for the franchise.

This wouldn't be your granddaddys SpaceGodzilla...
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sith Apprentice.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Sat May 25, 2019 2:41 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:I feel like the only way you can make SpaceGodzilla REALLY work in the Monsterverse well is by firstly, properly building him up what with Godzilla and King Ghidorah and any monsters cells ending up in space. Secondly, you would need to SERIOUSLY shroud his origin in mystery. Third, realistically show he can levitate and fly. This is the biggest part that makes him cheezy, so if there can be a way to animate his movements when flying to look believable and to scientifically explain this enough, he could work. But this has to be a few movies after, it's too soon now for SpaceGodzilla.

Since King Ghidorah has fought Godzilla before in ancient times, any G cells brought into space would have 1,000s if not 100,000s of years to evolve into something weird.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Living Corpse wrote:Since King Ghidorah has fought Godzilla before in ancient times, any G cells brought into space would have 1,000s if not 100,000s of years to evolve into something weird.

Don't care if its a spoiler since its minor but was it ever said King Ghidorah in this version a space monster or at least implied?

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat May 25, 2019 2:44 pm

That's quite a spoiler, don't answer it
Sith Apprentice.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat May 25, 2019 2:45 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:That's quite a spoiler, don't answer it

I worded it badly. When I said don't care I meant for Living Corpse to respond by spoiling his comment at the same time.

Final Godzilla E
Ronin

Postby Final Godzilla E » Sat May 25, 2019 3:27 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Since King Ghidorah has fought Godzilla before in ancient times, any G cells brought into space would have 1,000s if not 100,000s of years to evolve into something weird.

Don't care if its a spoiler since its minor but was it ever said King Ghidorah in this version a space monster or at least implied?

Im not living corpse but
Spoiler:
Yes,Ghidorah is confirmed to be a space monster,The spoilers from reddit (Which are mostly right considering they got everything right) confirm it.
Last edited by Final Godzilla E on Sat May 25, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat May 25, 2019 3:32 pm

Final Godzilla E wrote:Im not living corpse but
Spoiler:
Yes,Ghidorah is confirmed to be a space monster,The spoilers from reddit (Which are mostly right considering they got everything right) confirm it.

Thanks.

Final Godzilla E
Ronin

Postby Final Godzilla E » Sat May 25, 2019 3:35 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Final Godzilla E wrote:Im not living corpse but
Spoiler:

Thanks.

Your welcome

KManX89
G-Grasper

Postby KManX89 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:58 am

How exactly would he fit into the Monsterverse? His origin wouldn't exactly fit the "grounded" setting they're going for. He was created by Mothra and Biollante's seed going into space AFAIK.

As cool as it would be if they could somehow make it work, I just don't see how it would work.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Postby BARAGONBREH » Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 am

Awful idea, leave SpaceGodzilla on DeviantArt where he belongs.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.

gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 am

BARAGONBREH wrote:Awful idea, leave SpaceGodzilla on DeviantArt where he belongs.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

These threads need to stop, they’re just clutter.
Facts don't care about your feelings

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue May 28, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm all for it... Then again, there aren't many monsters I'd say "no" to. I'd be very curious to see how SpaceG could be reinvented for this series, and what sort of design he may have.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Vakanai
JXSDF Technician

Postby Vakanai » Tue May 28, 2019 11:37 pm

KManX89 wrote:How exactly would he fit into the Monsterverse? His origin wouldn't exactly fit the "grounded" setting they're going for. He was created by Mothra and Biollante's seed going into space AFAIK.

As cool as it would be if they could somehow make it work, I just don't see how it would work.

These movies are becoming less and less "grounded" as they go along. Giant radiation eating beasts, an uncharted island surrounded by constant hurricane, hollow earth, three headed space dragon. Give it another 3 or 4 films and this'll be as grounded as talking space racoon friendly MCU. By the time they would consider even doing SpaceGodzilla, we'll probably have already gone through MechaGodzilla (alien or human made) and possibly Gigan or, yeesh, Hedorah. At which point SpaceGodzilla will be the least out there concept the Monsterverse could do.
Always, *always* proofread, typos are Hedorah.
If you discover you have made a typo, *always* correct it.
Trust me.

Godzilla vs Kong: Kong won't die. He might win, he might lose, but he will survive.

Some netiquette:
1. If you don't want to be rude, *ask* me before you sig me.

Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby Living Corpse » Tue May 28, 2019 11:39 pm

KManX89 wrote:How exactly would he fit into the Monsterverse? His origin wouldn't exactly fit the "grounded" setting they're going for. He was created by Mothra and Biollante's seed going into space AFAIK.

NASA-MONARCH joint zero gravity experiment.

Added in 2 minutes 45 seconds:
Ben Shapiro wrote:
These threads need to stop, they’re just clutter.

Last edited by Living Corpse on Tue May 28, 2019 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MothraRocks
EDF Soldier

Postby MothraRocks » Wed May 29, 2019 7:18 am

Might be possible, but honestly I hope they don’t introduce him. Yeah you could go with the explanation of the black hole and G-cells, and throw in some extra pseudo science stuff, but I just feel like he would kinda be too out there for this universe. Plus, on a personal level, I find him rather boring.

“He’s a clone! Of Godzilla! From space! With crystals!”
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”