King of the Monsters Member Review Thread (No Spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vandarker
G-Grasper

Re: King of the Monsters Member Review Thread (No Spoilers)

Post by Vandarker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Just one question, do the toys accurately capture Mothra as she appears in film. I've heard conflicting things.
The Neca figure is more or less how she looks in the film minus the fuzz. She's able to change her wing color so in some shots shes bluish green.

Gyaos
Samurai

Post by Gyaos »

MorgolKing wrote:Does Godzilla's head look too small compared to the rest of his body?

The obvious answer is yes even if you haven't seen the film. That's a huge failing of this design. Head/snout much too small and short.

Added in 3 minutes 6 seconds:
Was talking with someone who's seen the film (gave it 8/10) and I asked about the post credit scene and he felt it was a huge letdown and the actual credits and what's shown is far more fun. Is this accurate?

Really surprised they would flub the post credit scene when the one after Kong Skull Island was thrilling and set up the next film perfectly.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Gyaos wrote:
MorgolKing wrote:Does Godzilla's head look too small compared to the rest of his body?

The obvious answer is yes even if you haven't seen the film. That's a huge failing of this design. Head/snout much too small and short.

Was talking with someone who's seen the film (gave it 8/10) and I asked about the post credit scene and he felt it was a huge letdown and the actual credits and what's shown is far more fun. Is this accurate?

Really surprised they would flub the post credit scene when the one after Kong Skull Island was thrilling and set up the next film perfectly.
The post credits scene is wasn't all spectacular but set's up the human conspiracy in Godzilla vs Kong
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Gyaos wrote:

I wouldn't call it a letdown, but the scene isn't really clear as to what's being hinted at. I suspect it may not even tie into GvK, it's that vague with the meaning. Although, I will say, I thought it was pretty cool by itself - you'll recognize exactly the scene they're visually referencing, which could suggest a couple of things.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

For those of you who haven't answered this. What are your Rotten Tomatoes predictions, so far estimates from people who have seen it say 75-85
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

gottatalktothefake wrote:For those of you who haven't answered this. What are your Rotten Tomatoes predictions, so far estimates from people who have seen it say 75-85
75-80
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Has anyone seen it in Imax 3d? I wonder if it's awesome like in G14, this movie feels like it's made for 3d.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

ultrazilla wrote:Has anyone seen it in Imax 3d? I wonder if it's awesome like in G14, this movie feels like it's made for 3d.
The scale is much bigger than G14 and Kong

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:For those of you who haven't answered this. What are your Rotten Tomatoes predictions, so far estimates from people who have seen it say 75-85
I'm calling 65-75
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

75 - 85 sounds right. :)

Added in 22 seconds:
ultrazilla wrote:Has anyone seen it in Imax 3d? I wonder if it's awesome like in G14, this movie feels like it's made for 3d.
I saw it in regular IMAX, definitely worth it. :)

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I'm very interested in seeing how critics and the GA react to this. The audience I was with last night seemed to love it, but you never know.

If I had to predict an RT score, I'd say about 75% to 82%, somewhere in that range. I don't see critics bashing it, but I don't see universal love for it either. But hey, Krampus only got like a 66% or so and I loved that, so Dougherty and I are on the same wavelength apparently, lol.

If you're a monster fan, this movie is a solid A+ thrill ride.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

I guess everybody thinks the same cause 75 to 85 is my guess too.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Critics reaction will likely be mixed leaning towards positive but I'm expecting a few to hate it

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Im excited for the first critic review that really pans it and says its bad. The following will happen:

- several people here will say "See! It does suck!" We know who these people are
- several people on the edge will go into panic mode. We know who these people are
- there are pragmatic people who will say hey its one review relax!

Just watch
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:Im excited for the first critic review that really pans it and says its bad. The following will happen:

- several people here will say "See! It does suck!" We know who these people are
- several people on the edge will go into panic mode. We know who these people are

Just watch
Holy shit, if this isn't accurate.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Godzilla21 wrote:Im excited for the first critic review that really pans it and says its bad. The following will happen:

Just watch
Add the crowd that just sits chilling and eating popcorn while the chaos unfolds, then it'd be 100% accurate lol.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Just watch
Given how some people are acting even with overwhelmingly positive first reactions this is incredibly accurate
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I am probably in the pragmatic camp if I decide to comment. Does that make me part of the problem lol I mean if all the reviews were negative I would be more concerned but the occasional one is not an issue. People are allowed to have differing opinions.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm expecting negative reviews because Critics wouldn't have a job if there weren't any.

All films have negative reviewers.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

_JNavs_ wrote:I'm expecting negative reviews because Critics wouldn't have a job if there weren't any.

All films have negative reviewers.
I expect a few negative review swith some issues like pacing and story but mostly mixed depends on how much you're expecting from a monster film