Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 am

I don't think you can mix Gigan and organic together. That'd be like saying, lets get Terminator in the film BUT, he has to be a human.
Sith Apprentice.

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Biomechanical alien organism mimicing terrestrial DNA to become a chimeric killing machine designed to prepare the planet for xenoforming.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 am

_JNavs_ wrote:I don't think you can mix Gigan and organic together. That'd be like saying, lets get Terminator in the film BUT, he has to be a human.

Except that Gigan used to be purely organic from the get go. A T-800/850 is a machine with human skin on it.

Extreme Warhawk
Yojimbo

Postby Extreme Warhawk » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:58 am

Would be nice to have Gigan in the Monsterverse but I doubt it.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 pm

Here's what I would do.

Gigan appears falling from the sky, No one knows where he came from but Godzilla eventually overcomes him. Gigan retreating will eventually lead to whoever created him discovering Godzilla. This will lead to the MechaGodzilla saga.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Gigan I could always picture being an insectoid ,arthropod ,or some kind of space born Muto. The chest saw could be explained not as a fully functioning buzz saw. But like the hackles, hair on the back of a cat, dog stand up. But while on most animals just do this as a way to make them look more threatening to potential predators. These chest spikes, blades, can be vibrated really fast. Fast enough to appear to be perceived spinning like a buzz saw, chainsaw.

Gigan is a known quantity among casual fans. My brother's current ball and chain thought the Mutos in the first Legendary flick looked a lot like Gigan. Although the kaiju's name escaped her. I ended up the following Christmas getting her the Kraken Blu-Ray of Gigan's debut film, GODZILLA ON MONSTER ISLAND !, because of this conversation.

I'm still attached to idea Gigan being the tool, weapon of alien invaders to clean out the infestation of humanity. A cool throwback to the classic Showa Era like INVASION OF THE ASTRO-MONSTER ! , or the tail end of that particular era. Besides, it would make a nice call back to that throwaway line by Randa(John Goodman) when trying to convince the Senator early on in KONG:Skull Island to launch the expedition, and keep Monarch afloat. The senator mentions something about another group trying to convince him that aliens exist. with Randa saying those guys were just crazy. We might get to see the Bureau of Alien Detection in the basement of the F.B.I. ,or Air Force. But probably got shafted in the funding, because Monarch after Skull Island and what was found there. Ended up receiving a windfall on the funding front. Unlike the alien guys, who might've still got funding. But projects, and operations were limited in scope due their smaller budget. Having a rivalry shown between the two groups.
Last edited by The One and Only on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:15 pm

The One and Only wrote:Gigan I could always picture being an insectoid ,arthropod ,or some kind of space born Muto. The chest saw could be explained not as a fully functioning buzz saw. But like the hackles, hair on the back of a cat, dog stand up. But while on most animals just do this as a way to make them look more threatening to potential predators. These chest spikes, blades, can be vibrated really fast. Fast enough to appear to be spinning like a buzz saw, chainsaw.

Similar to a weed whacker. I could see it, or it could be like porcupine spines that shoot out and absolutely wreck Godzillas momentum since they're so sharp, imagine a bloody zilla getting up bleeding and trying to pull spines out of every part of his torso and neck? Gruesome stuff.
Sith Apprentice.

MrRockett
Interpol Agent

Postby MrRockett » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Early concept art for a potential Gigan appearance if it gets a green light...

goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea

People Currently In Timeout: 2 ernesth100, GodzillavsZilla and goji89

The One and Only
EDF Soldier

Postby The One and Only » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 pm

MrRockett wrote:Early concept art for a potential Gigan appearance if it gets a green light...

Reminds me of the TV listings description in USA when GODZILLA ON MONSTER ISLAND ! aired on TNT one night. "Godzilla Battles Giant Chicken !" :lol:
Last edited by The One and Only on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”