Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Dakojin
Young Farmer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby Dakojin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Disclaimer: Keep in mind that Gigan is not confirmed to be, nor do i think he will show up in the monserverse. I'm just exploring some ideas that could be used for him if he was.

So lets get the big one out of the way, his origin: I came to the conclusion that the best place for him to come from is from the Deep Sea, as we know Godzilla on other Titans hibernated closer to the Earth's core to feed off radiation, and to explain Gigan's strange almost 'Alien' looks like a lot of other deep sea creatures have.
His glowing red eye can once again be traced to his deep sea origin, and perhaps have a red bio-luminescence to communicate in blinks to other members of his species, or to ward off rival titans. His eye blast meanwhile could be explained as a radiation discharge. perhaps Gigan couldn't process all of the radiation he consumes and use the excrement as the eye beam we all know and love.
The hooks would be fairly self explanatory just used as weapons. And the last thing could be that like many of the other Titans have with their cave paintings, Gigan could have an influence on Mythology by rising in ancient Greece and inspiring legends of the Cyclops.

Some things I haven't decided how to fit in are things like if he'd have the Showa or millennium colors, if the chest buzz saw would be functional or just chest spikes, if he'd fly etc. (my answers would be no buzz saw, millenium colors, and no flight, but im not sure if cutting these would be cutting to much of the original character for realism)
Anyways I hope you guys like/expand upon my ideas. I tried to make Gigan his own entity here instead of being a "cybernetic clone/cousin to the dead MUTOS" like I've seen a lot of other people do

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 pm

I like the idea of being an resurrected M.U.T.O. reborn as a cyborg.

I'd also be down for Gigan starting off as this monster (Earth or Space) who was killed by Godzilla and resurrected the same way. Be a good way to introducing him to the GA and surprise to the fans.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Gigan would make the most sense in the Monsterverse as a cybernetic reincarnated MUTOS. Maybe even an amalgamation of both ala Frankenstein, thus why he has such a deep hatred for Godzilla.

But he'd be much better received if he was similar to Lockdown in Age of Extinction where he is a giant cybernetic terminator assassin-esque beast looking for Godzilla, They could show his origin in the beginning credits, show him start out as a regular beast on some planet, and have him get subdued by some extraterrestrials. Cut to black. Have a montage of him going planet to planet, destroying civilizations, other kaiju etc. Before setting his eye on Earth where he sees his greatest hunt. The beast that killed Ghidorah. But first he takes out Mothra and Rodan.

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I like the idea of being an resurrected M.U.T.O. reborn as a cyborg.

I'd also be down for Gigan starting off as this monster (Earth or Space) who was killed by Godzilla and resurrected the same way. Be a good way to introducing him to the GA and surprise to the fans.

Exactly, have him be either a painful Frankenstein-esque amalgamation of the 2 MUTOs mates (Which would be tragic) or have him be a normal beast turned terminator cyborg
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9529
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:39 pm

So everyone?

Where's the realism now biatches! 8-)

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:40 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So everyone?

Where's the realism now biatches! 8-)

I'd say as of 2019, cyborgs, prosthetics, inter dimensional space travel and extra terrestrials are a realer possibility than ever :lol:
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
AtomicMorningBreath
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:24 am

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby AtomicMorningBreath » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:00 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So everyone?

Where's the realism now biatches! 8-)

I'd say as of 2019, cyborgs, prosthetics, inter dimensional space travel and extra terrestrials are a realer possibility than ever :lol:


And super powered aliens who name themselves after breakfast rolls!
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

Nerd1978
Ronin
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby Nerd1978 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:49 am

SO, if ghidorah is an alien of sorts with unknown genetics, perhaps leftovers of ghidorah are combined with leftovers of the MUTOs and some cybernetic accessories.

If you were to cut them up and put them together, you could construct a very gigan-looking thing in the end. Ghidorah wings (especially the small parts along the back), his feet, his scales and spines. Muto head structure and claws.

I could see some sort of mutation, if the spoiler rumors are true, and this one makes sense - we know they have at least a big muto head leftover. I mean, the eyes even look like Gigan's eye.

User avatar
BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: The Palace of Wisdom

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby BARAGONBREH » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 am

Gigan in the Monsterverse is basically a meme at this point.

Not enough people care about Gigan outside of the hardcore Godzilla fanbase for Legendary to waste money on the rights. It'll never happen.

That being said, if they were to do it in dreamworld, the only way it would work is for the Monsterverse to become a comedy series, so it isn't even fun to fantasize.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.


gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

User avatar
SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 pm
Location: In Helhiem, fighting Overlords

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby SaiyanRider54 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 am

Honestly I thought the idea of a new King Kong vs Godzilla was impossible back before it was announced, almost laughable. Not because I didn’t want it to happen but because it seemed so unlikely. So Gigan really isn’t that far fetched if it’s handled right. Everyone has mentioned about making him a revived Muto, maybe even give him some Ghidorah dna to reference their connection in the original while also giving him the golden scales.
And yeah Gigan isn’t a house hold name. So what? Pretty much any other Toho kaiju besides the ones in KotM are unknown. So why not choose one with a cool, threatening, unique design? But then again who knows if they’re even gonna use any more Toho monsters anyways. Maybe if KotM is successful they’ll be willing to buy more rights.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby _JNavs_ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:31 am

SaiyanRider54 wrote:Honestly I thought the idea of a new King Kong vs Godzilla was impossible back before it was announced, almost laughable. Not because I didn’t want it to happen but because it seemed so unlikely. So Gigan really isn’t that far fetched if it’s handled right. Everyone has mentioned about making him a revived Muto, maybe even give him some Ghidorah dna to reference their connection in the original while also giving him the golden scales.
And yeah Gigan isn’t a house hold name. So what? Pretty much any other Toho kaiju besides the ones in KotM are unknown. So why not choose one with a cool, threatening, unique design? But then again who knows if they’re even gonna use any more Toho monsters anyways. Maybe if KotM is successful they’ll be willing to buy more rights.

That guy is known to be a negative person, he normally just appears, spews some negativity and disappears again. I definitely agree with you though, there's tons of ways to incorporate Gigan, and just like every other kaiju, can become a huge name if handled properly.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 pm
Location: In Helhiem, fighting Overlords

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby SaiyanRider54 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:42 am

^Oh I wasn’t specifically responding to him but just saying in general.

User avatar
BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: The Palace of Wisdom

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby BARAGONBREH » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:12 pm

SaiyanRider54 wrote:Honestly I thought the idea of a new King Kong vs Godzilla was impossible back before it was announced, almost laughable. Not because I didn’t want it to happen but because it seemed so unlikely. So Gigan really isn’t that far fetched


Yeah, we've all seen this analogy about a million times since GvK was announced, and it still hasn't gotten any better.

Kong is an iconic household name in the U.S. and around the world. Gigan is not. Obscure Toho kaiju are not more likely because a guaranteed money maker got thrown into the franchise.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.


gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

User avatar
Dakojin
Young Farmer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby Dakojin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:01 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:Gigan would make the most sense in the Monsterverse as a cybernetic reincarnated MUTOS. Maybe even an amalgamation of both ala Frankenstein, thus why he has such a deep hatred for Godzilla.

I just don't think the whole 'Gigan is cybernetic M.U.T.O.' works in the monsterverse. Dont get me wrong, us old school kaiju fans love Gigan, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Kiryu and the like, but the Monsterverse is grounded in realism. And realistically, we wouldn't pick up the corpses of the dead mutos and make a robot out of them. We'd certainly study the bodies yes (which seems to be eluded to with the MUTO head) but something more like the Oxygen Destroyer makes waaay more sense in this universe than a cyborg muto, or a mechagodzilla does. Remember, just because we don't think it's ridiculous doesn't mean that the General audience wont. Thats why i tried going for a more "realistic" take on him by making him a deep sea creature instead of a robot chicken with a buzz saw and a laser eye from outer-space.

Added in 2 minutes 9 seconds:
BARAGONBREH wrote:
SaiyanRider54 wrote:Honestly I thought the idea of a new King Kong vs Godzilla was impossible back before it was announced, almost laughable. Not because I didn’t want it to happen but because it seemed so unlikely. So Gigan really isn’t that far fetched


Yeah, we've all seen this analogy about a million times since GvK was announced, and it still hasn't gotten any better.

Kong is an iconic household name in the U.S. and around the world. Gigan is not. Obscure Toho kaiju are not more likely because a guaranteed money maker got thrown into the franchise.


Thats why I put the Disclaimer at the top of the post? I'm just throwing some ideas out there for a more scientifically plausible Gigan than a cyborg chicken from outer space.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5303
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Dakojin wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Gigan would make the most sense in the Monsterverse as a cybernetic reincarnated MUTOS. Maybe even an amalgamation of both ala Frankenstein, thus why he has such a deep hatred for Godzilla.

I just don't think the whole 'Gigan is cybernetic M.U.T.O.' works in the monsterverse. Dont get me wrong, us old school kaiju fans love Gigan, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Kiryu and the like, but the Monsterverse is grounded in realism. And realistically, we wouldn't pick up the corpses of the dead mutos and make a robot out of them. We'd certainly study the bodies yes (which seems to be eluded to with the MUTO head) but something more like the Oxygen Destroyer makes waaay more sense in this universe than a cyborg muto, or a mechagodzilla does. Remember, just because we don't think it's ridiculous doesn't mean that the General audience wont. Thats why i tried going for a more "realistic" take on him by making him a deep sea creature instead of a robot chicken with a buzz saw and a laser eye from outer-space.


Yeah that's why I much prefer this idea to tread the thin line between realism and sci fi

"But he'd be much better received if he was similar to Lockdown in Age of Extinction where he is a giant cybernetic terminator assassin-esque beast looking for Godzilla, They could show his origin in the beginning credits, show him start out as a regular beast on some planet, and have him get subdued by some extraterrestrials. Cut to black. Have a montage of him going planet to planet, destroying civilizations, other kaiju etc. Before setting his eye on Earth where he sees his greatest hunt. The beast that killed Ghidorah. But first he takes out Mothra and Rodan."
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2094
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby KingKaiju » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 am

A terrorist organization takes over the world. Their goals? WORLD PEACE AND GETTING RID OF POLLUTION!!!!!!! At their expense, a giant cyborg creature!!! But wait, there's more! Their HQ is located in one of the many Six Flag theme parks! Actually, they're behind six flags!! The theme parks are terrorist locations! The old man dancing on this Six Flag commercials? Secret terrorist!! But wait... Terrorist? NO!!! HUMAN SIZED COCKROACHES FROM SPACE!!!!

BAM! Guaranteed 10 Billion at the box office. Breaks every record, wins every Oscar! DONE! Greatest film of all time.
Image

User avatar
BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: The Palace of Wisdom

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby BARAGONBREH » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:21 am

Dakojin wrote:
Thats why I put the Disclaimer at the top of the post? I'm just throwing some ideas out there for a more scientifically plausible Gigan than a cyborg chicken from outer space.


That's why I was responding to the person who I quoted in the post, not you?
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.


gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby vibramrunner » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:32 pm

How about this: Gigan is actually the conspiracy to "destroy all monsters, good and bad" referenced in G vs KK. With Godzilla and Kong weakening each other to near death, Gigan is released, Ghidorah is resurrected (or they cloned him, or his head grew back a la Repitilicus or whatever), they kill Kong and Godzilla, and the Monster Verse goes full post apocalypse with next movie set hundreds of years in the future and humans on the brink of extinction. Humanity's only hope is to n.. umm, let's just say bring Godzilla back to life somehow. Maybe after Thanos, audiences will be more receptive to a "bad guys winning" movie. It would be different.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby Rhedosaurus » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:23 am

Personally, I say make him a giant amphibious carnivorous theriznosaur and make him a natural enemy of Godzilla and the rest of the titans. After all, he kind of looks like one so why not go all the way? First have him eat whales and giant squid by disemboweling them with his giant claws. Then he does the same with many subs and ships, and eventually titans. Godzilla fights him in a final battle in either Tokyo or somewhere in East Australia where Godzilla finally rids the world of Gigan.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2177
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Halley's Comet.

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:Personally, I say make him a giant amphibious carnivorous theriznosaur and make him a natural enemy of Godzilla and the rest of the titans. After all, he kind of looks like one so why not go all the way? First have him eat whales and giant squid by disemboweling them with his giant claws. Then he does the same with many subs and ships, and eventually titans. Godzilla fights him in a final battle in either Tokyo or somewhere in East Australia where Godzilla finally rids the world of Gigan.


and maybe after that, Maybe an orginization could find his dead body, a massive carve in his chest, both hands gone and eyes blown out. With there advanced technology however, they can make him better...

User avatar
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Monsterverse Gigan Ideas

Postby Rhedosaurus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:14 am

tyrantgoji wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:Personally, I say make him a giant amphibious carnivorous theriznosaur and make him a natural enemy of Godzilla and the rest of the titans. After all, he kind of looks like one so why not go all the way? First have him eat whales and giant squid by disemboweling them with his giant claws. Then he does the same with many subs and ships, and eventually titans. Godzilla fights him in a final battle in either Tokyo or somewhere in East Australia where Godzilla finally rids the world of Gigan.


and maybe after that, Maybe an orginization could find his dead body, a massive carve in his chest, both hands gone and eyes blown out. With there advanced technology however, they can make him better...


I personally prefer a pure organic Gigan this time. Something fresh, yet faithful.


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests